Bleak Visons VIII- Happy Holidays Edition

This sounds like good visions...

Would like to see gus gone

And does anyone give a flying **** about ryan williams

Change headline to sunny visions

Advertisement
Unfortunately, the Kaaya experiment this year ended as a complete failure.

Am a Gus the Bus fan because I like them big running backs to compliment the speedsters and slashers.

Thanks Vern. Finally a good thread.

de14d7aea89b89b169b96c7e1251ff89995eb94742c71e37428b5e80ea3a4af8.jpg

exactly. guy makes me cringe with every post. football iq on 0.

"i like them big runningbacks" <------- liking a rb for no other reason BUT size is stupidity at its finest.proves you never played a lick of football and if you did you def. didnt start.. afraid of the big fat back! prob why you were a staunch Grohlden supporter.

Why is every kevin on this board annoying as ish?

Am I the only one who is just hearing that UM knew about the Shapiro scandal well in advance of hiring Golden but did not share it with him? Maybe I had just forgotten. The conspiracy theorist in me thinks this is how it went down:

Shannon wasn't taking us back to the top so he had to go to placate the fan base. In the meantime we needed a bridge guy to be ok since we were gonna suck anyway with all the sanctions coming at us. Golden rebuilt Temple so he fit the story and we could save a few bucks. Really a win-win if he parlayed the um job into the psu gig. He didn't have to be great because of the cloud to still get credit and it bought us some time to find a big hire once our fate was determined and we could move forward.

Fast forward a few years. The NCAA shot themselves in the **** trying to investigate us so the cloud dissipated too quickly, but a lot of people were still buying what golden was selling after a hot start to the season. Psu came calling, according to plan, but oh, ****, they were dealing with their own scandal and nothing makes a scandal go away like hiring a black guy because then you can say, "you can't give us all these sanctions, it's racist. (But ignore the fact that hiring a black coach has nothing to do with molesting children."

Suddenly the facade is crumbling rapidly so golden said, "oh, look over here," and hired a few south Florida guys. And still, it might have worked, at least for another few months to land him a decent coaching gig. All he had to do was hold on against Florida state. But no, he couldn't even stay out of his own way long enough to not tank the second half. So now he is digging in his heals and milking what he has for all it's worth.

The alternative is that everyone knew the sanctions were coming before al was hired except al. He was the only guy dumb enough to take the job, and then, once in, managed to topsy-turvy that ***** and come out with an extension. I think that is also a plot to several movies.

Or something like that...

Gus not a given that hes leaving but I heard he's unhappy with his role.... If you put 2 & 2 together.... From New York in Miami...it just makes sense....but like I said Ad's do deny transfer requests all the time. Maybe his gets blocked

I don't think NY to Miami is necessarily a problem. We've had some kids from NYC and they fit in pretty well, like Steve McGuire and Robert Bass. It makes more sense for a NY kid to be at Miami than a kid from Mississippi. Miami is more NY than it is deep south.

I think Gus wanted to get away from something when he came from Miami. He was involved--or at least connected, perhaps without justification--to an unfortunate and tragic situation at his high school. I think he originally wanted to go to Syracuse but then I saw a quote that he just wanted to get as far from NY as he could. Maybe that's why he signed with Miami.

This is nothing new, programs have often denied kids who wanted to transfer. Often, they stay and do well. Scott Covington asked for permission to transfer--Butch wouldn't let him.

The only kid I remember transferring to a major rival was Rick Tuten who ended up kicking for FSU after he kicked for us in '83.

I think Larry LaPointe in the '60's might have transferred from UF, but not sure. Brock Berlin transferred from UF but I guess they didn't care about keeping him when he couldn't beat out Rex Grossman.

Advertisement
Was told this point blank by a college player from SF at a former university where I was teaching at the time. He wasn't even upset about it, just said out of hand that UM was not interested in inner city kids from Miami. TFWIW

I had heard that donna told al that she favored the idea of al spending more time recruiting out of state kids. After reading dorito's interview on another site and reading Vern's takes above, it gives me a more complete picture. The people that run UM simply do not want a connection between the local market and the university, save the occasional high end private schools like STA.

Am a Gus the Bus fan because I like them big running backs to compliment the speedsters and slashers.

"i like them big runningbacks" <------- liking a rb for no other reason BUT size is stupidity at its finest.proves you never played a lick of football and if you did you def. didnt start.. afraid of the big fat back! prob why you were a staunch Grohlden supporter.

I called him out with facts in the Quincy Wilson thread for a statement he mad... He never responded.

I called him out with facts in the Quincy Wilson thread for a statement he mad... He never responded.

Doesn't surprise me bro. These Kevin's kill me. All of them.

And for the last time. Kill tha "golden didn't know about the sanctions" crap. Golden knew all along. The allegation was public info a year before he got the job. No way men as snaky and as conning as Golden and his agent had no idea that the school had potential allegations. He clearly used that to solidify his hire and contract as well as his extension. The university drew the short straw. Don't think for one second golden didn't know

Advertisement
Well 3 people liked my ******* post where I explain in detail my point about Kaaya. Post #50 . You guys so quick to judgment.

Now I am not allowed to like a running back because he is big. **** off. It's an opinion and to each his own. Different coaches have their preferences. 6'2 240 Gus is different than 5'8 180 Yearby. Yearby got tackled in the FSU game by one arm and against USC he also got thrown backwards. I like Yearby but I would like having a big back in our ****nal running over linebackers and not around them, tiring out a defense. Is there something wrong with that? 0 football IQ. **** off

Whatever. Keep calling me out for defending the school I graduated from. When it comes to sports, I don't need to defend myself and are you still talking about Quincy Wilson? That ship sailed awhile ago.

Do you remember this forum in 2012? It was really good then. People would share insight, talk Miami football, discuss topics, strategy, recruiting, etc. There weren't even like buttons. Oh yeah, you weren't on it yet. Maybe that's why?

If you don't like my posts, don't read them. None are directed at you.

Last edited:
Well 3 people liked my ****ing post where I explain in detail my point about Kaaya. Post #50 . You guys so quick to judgment.

Now I am not allowed to like a running back because he is big. **** off. It's an opinion and to each his own. Different coaches have their preferences. 6'2 240 Gus is different than 5'8 180 Yearby. Yearby got tackled in the FSU game by one arm and against USC he also got thrown backwards. I like Yearby but I would like having a big back in our ****nal running over linebackers and not around them. Is there something wrong with that? 0 football IQ. **** off

Whatever. Keep calling me out for defending the school I graduated from. When it comes to sports, I don't need to defend myself and are you still talking about Quincy Wilson? That ship sailed awhile ago.

Remember this forum in 2012? It was really good then. People would share insight, talk Miami football, discuss topics, strategy, recruiting, etc. There weren't even like buttons. Oh yeah, you weren't on it yet. Maybe that's why?

My post to you had insight; it was about Miami football; it was also about recruiting- you didn't respond. Why? Because I was right and you had to realize you had no comeback because you can't argue facts.

I don't remember it. I got other **** going on in my life. Maybe I didn't get to go back to the thread. But whatever, it's a small point. I do not get my high on this forum by winning opinion arguments against other posters who are also outsiders. We each got our opinions and we sure as **** don't have all the information. I am here to discuss and debate Miami football.

Y'all need to take a breath every now and then, and take that Golden hate off on some FSU fans instead of your own.

Last edited:
Well 3 people liked my ****ing post where I explain in detail my point about Kaaya. Post #50 . You guys so quick to judgment.

Now I am not allowed to like a running back because he is big. **** off. It's an opinion and to each his own. Different coaches have their preferences. 6'2 240 Gus is different than 5'8 180 Yearby. Yearby got tackled in the FSU game by one arm and against USC he also got thrown backwards. I like Yearby but I would like having a big back in our ****nal running over linebackers and not around them, tiring out a defense. Is there something wrong with that? 0 football IQ. **** off

Do you remember this forum in 2012? It was really good then. People would share insight, talk Miami football, discuss topics, strategy, recruiting, etc. There weren't even like buttons. Oh yeah, you weren't on it yet. Maybe that's why?

I don't want to hear that crybaby bullshid. Man up. You post some really stupid shid. You get called out and you just ignore posts instead of having a shred of accountability. You're a lil weasel just like al. That's why you ALWAYS make excuses for him and throw the players under the bus. You don't have a strong football iq. It's not an insult. It's the truth bro.

Don't get mad. Learn something.

Gus Edwards is a mediocre rb at best. You claim you like him for his size but he has shown lil ability to use his size as an advantage. Gus has gone down just as easy as yearby at 50 more pounds and away stronger. Gus Edwards is 6'2 and runs standing straight up. Making it an easy tackle for even the smallest of tacklers.

Dude runs like a bich. Ice got him looking a lil better but nowhere near what he could be. You don't give the ball to a guy on 3rd and 1 cuz he's big. You give it to the nasty grimy muhfugga that gets low and will do anything for a yard. I don't care if he is 5' 185 lbs.

You're just like al. Obsessed with the LOOK of a player not his ability or mental makeup.

How many great rbs come in at 6"2? Come on man. Size doesn't make a good rb. So where do you make sense?

And if you don't want people to comment on your posts then don't post brah!

Advertisement
lulz.

Who's throwing players under the bus? It's looks like you just threw Gus under the bus. Hypocrite? Or is Gus not considered really on the team because he's not from Florida?

I never said size makes a good running back. NEVER. Stop ******* spinning ****. I said I like having big running backs in our ****nal. And at the University of Miami, we only get good running back so obviously a big running back would be pretty good too if he was on our roster.

"How many great rbs come in at 6"2? Come on man. Size doesn't make a good rb. So where do you make sense?" Ottis Anderson 6'2 220 (you probably haven't even seen him play?), Najeh Davenport (or is he before your time?) 6'1 240, Eddie George 6'3 235, Jim Brown 6'2 230, Christian Okoye 6'1 250.

NOBODY is supporting Golden. He is 28-22 and just went 6-7. You guys just drop that slurper line bull**** whenever you don't agree with something or someone says anything slightly critical about a South Florida player.

Last edited:

I don't want to hear that crybaby bullshid. Man up. You post some really stupid shid. You get called out and you just ignore posts instead of having a shred of accountability. You're a lil weasel just like al. That's why you ALWAYS make excuses for him and throw the players under the bus. You don't have a strong football iq. It's not an insult. It's the truth bro.

Don't get mad. Learn something.

Gus Edwards is a mediocre rb at best. You claim you like him for his size but he has shown lil ability to use his size as an advantage. Gus has gone down just as easy as yearby at 50 more pounds and away stronger. Gus Edwards is 6'2 and runs standing straight up. Making it an easy tackle for even the smallest of tacklers.

Dude runs like a bich. Ice got him looking a lil better but nowhere near what he could be. You don't give the ball to a guy on 3rd and 1 cuz he's big. You give it to the nasty grimy muhfugga that gets low and will do anything for a yard. I don't care if he is 5' 185 lbs.

You're just like al. Obsessed with the LOOK of a player not his ability or mental makeup.

How many great rbs come in at 6"2? Come on man. Size doesn't make a good rb. So where do you make sense?

And if you don't want people to comment on your posts then don't post brah!

Exactly. It was like us getting first and goal from the 3 and handing it to him twice and he got us to the 2.. we ending up scoring but not by him running. He runs liked he's 185 lbs. If we gave it to Duke he punches it in on the first carry (if he didn't fumble of course). I feel like they think he's a goal line/short yardage back just because he is "big"

Advertisement
Perhaps, but I think they didn't want Duke taking all those hits on short yardage. The same reason why he isn't returning kicks. Duke is one of our all-time great running backs, but he has had durability issues. Besides Duke, who you gonna give it to?

Last edited:
So if Shannon was not fired for his record, then I have zero faith Golden is fired unless the new president says so.

It seems to me that the type A personalities and natural leaders on this team may actually be the younger players. When I read things like Chad Thomas and Kayaa check with each other during practices to make sure the other side is ok, my first thought is shouldn't the senior leaders be doing that? Do u think that's why the coaching staff elected to play so many young players over guys like Waters who should've taken a major step forward in his development this season. Also why Williams never got even a chance to win his job back?

Doesn't surprise me bro. These Kevin's kill me. All of them.

In Barukhistan, "Kevin" means "******* without peer."

Advertisement
Back