Bleak Visons VIII- Happy Holidays Edition

Advertisement
I had heard that donna told al that she favored the idea of al spending more time recruiting out of state kids. After reading dorito's interview on another site and reading Vern's takes above, it gives me a more complete picture. The people that run UM simply do not want a connection between the local market and the university, save the occasional high end private schools like STA.

This sounds made up.

* Several players had asked for transfers this year and last year and were denied by Blake. I heard there was a line of parents at the AD's office after Pitt game. The only one granted earlier in year was the safety from New Jersey, and according to players he left because he didnt care for Goldens vibe or vibe of the team.. Thats kind of puzzy to leave so quick if you ask me but whatever. To be fair this happens all the time at a lot of schools but not usually when you are playing for your hometown team. Several more will be asking this year and will get denied. Was told AD's aint lettin players leave who got talent and they know if you are from south florida the transfer request will get denied.

Where I come from that's called plantation mentality. Owners and slaves. You're either one or the other.

I think in years past, golden was able to benefit from having a few "house athletes" (keeping with your analogy) in his corner. Well I think they're all gone now.

Regula and Fentress would be offended if the weren't Golden washed.

* Several players had asked for transfers this year and last year and were denied by Blake. I heard there was a line of parents at the AD's office after Pitt game. The only one granted earlier in year was the safety from New Jersey, and according to players he left because he didnt care for Goldens vibe or vibe of the team.. Thats kind of puzzy to leave so quick if you ask me but whatever. To be fair this happens all the time at a lot of schools but not usually when you are playing for your hometown team. Several more will be asking this year and will get denied. Was told AD's aint lettin players leave who got talent and they know if you are from south florida the transfer request will get denied.

For what its worth - Mike Bakas just posted a thread on the Canestime premium board saying, "To expect 9-11 transfer in the next couple months."

Im not sure golden will have a full roster next season.

For what its worth - Mike Bakas just posted a thread on the Canestime premium board saying, "To expect 9-11 transfer in the next couple months."

How can anyone justify that many transfers? WTF is the administration and BOT doing? Stop this ******* madness.

Advertisement

It's so sad that I've come to the point where I am cheering for this type of mass exodus. Burn the ************ to the ground.

It's so sad that I've come to the point where I am cheering for this type of mass exodus. Burn the ************ to the ground.
This.

If it was only Miami doing this I would be right there next to you, but this **** goes on everywhere. College Football is a dirty as **** industry even though it gets sold as a clean industry with all its tradition.

Advertisement
Well at least we don't have to a million threads on racism after people read this...thank god

Where I come from that's called plantation mentality. Owners and slaves. You're either one or the other.

I think in years past, golden was able to benefit from having a few "house athletes" (keeping with your analogy) in his corner. Well I think they're all gone now.

This is Shayon's team

Gonna call BS on the "won't let them transfer" cr@p. First of all, the NCAA rules allow a student athlete to transfer is he or she choses to do so, it only limits when they must sit out of competition. Second, your current school can not, let me repeat, can not prohibit you from going to shcool anywhere. It can refuse to waive the wait-out period so that you can transfer and play. There are some limits on scholarships but that would not stop a quality player from transfering if another school really wanted them. Now do I believe that the U would refuse to waive so kids could go to FSU, UF, or an ACC school? Sure, that is very common. But, if let's say Howard wanted to leave, he could go to Iowa or Or. State, sit a year and then be a starter..............

Kids have to sit out a year regardless. If they aren't granted a release from the school, they have to sit out TWO years.
Nope.....NCAA compliance officer now works for me....

Gonna call BS on the "won't let them transfer" cr@p. First of all, the NCAA rules allow a student athlete to transfer is he or she choses to do so, it only limits when they must sit out of competition. Second, your current school can not, let me repeat, can not prohibit you from going to shcool anywhere. It can refuse to waive the wait-out period so that you can transfer and play. There are some limits on scholarships but that would not stop a quality player from transfering if another school really wanted them. Now do I believe that the U would refuse to waive so kids could go to FSU, UF, or an ACC school? Sure, that is very common. But, if let's say Howard wanted to leave, he could go to Iowa or Or. State, sit a year and then be a starter..............

Kids have to sit out a year regardless. If they aren't granted a release from the school, they have to sit out TWO years.

ex or current?

Advertisement

Give him a task that involves touching **** with his hands.

ex or current?

Ex SEC guy

This is going to end bad... Only thing I can call flag on the play is Gus
Because if we get all the running back commits Gus should not walk out gladly he was a runner up
To Alex and they ain't even close

As a matter fact they wanted the running back that went to bama or auburn

Last edited:
Advertisement

ex or current?

Ex SEC guy

I used to be an assistant AD at Tennessee Tech the year after I graduated, so 3 years ago. You can't deny a kid from transferring and no it's not 2 years if they are not released. Although it is rare, a kid can ask for the coach to sign off on the transfer so they can play right away. Like I said it's rare in my case we had 4 guys come in wanting to transfer and none of them got cleared. Sometimes it happens if the coach knows they will not play that team or the kid sucks, had a terrible experience, or whatever.

And also the even if the coach signs off on that it still goes through NCAA and they are starting to crack down even more denying instant playing time after a transfer making it even more rare. I can only think of one case I remember a kid from our conference got cleared. They are trying to make kids stick by their decisions more rather than moving around 2-3 times before they graduate

And also the even if the coach signs off on that it still goes through NCAA and they are starting to crack down even more denying instant playing time after a transfer making it even more rare. I can only think of one case I remember a kid from our conference got cleared. They are trying to make kids stick by their decisions more rather than moving around 2-3 times before they graduate

Meanwhile the corches/admins can fvck these kids 6 ways from Sunday and the kids have to stay and take it like **** stars.

I thought it was that they had to sit out one year, but couldn't receive a scholarship so they had to pay their own way for that year If they weren't given a release

Yes.

If no release is given, the other school can't give a scholarship for the season they sit out ... So, the kid has to pay their own way.

If the release is given, the kid is on scholarship while sitting out.

But the original school can still "condition" where the kid can go.

And people still wonder why kids will take illegal benefits. This is slave labor. Indentured Servants being brought to this country from China in the early 1800's had better employment contracts than NCAA athletes do today.

To be fair, the NCAA and the Schools have to have some sort of control with transfers. If not, it would be a **** show with kids leaving every year to play football else where. I have no problem with the current rules. This is why kids need to do their homework before signing an LOI with a school. If things are bad enough to where they want to transfer then they can play some where else in a couple of years.

While I agree with you, this **** show thats going on isnt fair to the kids at the U. I truly feel terrible for them having to go through this "golden era" they should be allowed to leave without jumping through hoops. I couldnt imagine telling someone to stay.

Advertisement
Back