Blaming the players

Advertisement
The defense was bad. But flagg and Ivey are bad in every scheme. TVD isn’t bad in every scheme. We need to flip the roster to a degree and the OC.

I thought I was watching Daryl Lamonica, aka “the Mad Bomber” last week.
You and I as coaches could have pulled the DB’s aside and said…
”listen, they haven’t driven the field all day…KEEP EVERYTHING IN FRONT”

In my opinion if you’re a jag the difference between the good jags and bad jags isn’t that great
It’s easy to overcome with scheme or effort
The difference between nfl first day 1/2 vs jags is much bigger
Once we have 5-6 first two day level talent
That’s when we’ll be able to comfortably beat bad teams
A team like Clemson can have an off day bc they have a nfl dline
And as the game wears on their talent just starts to overtake them
We’re just not there yet
So as much as it hurts any game is truly a toss up
It was eye opening just to see how avg our guys are nothing not much special or elite talent out there
As it stands today, besides Duke, what team on schedule would Miami be favored to beat?

Losing to MTSU was Mario’s fault

That doesn’t even really need explained

But everyone drops the ball from time to time. Not calling for his head, but that loss is on him. He’s the boss.
Facts. However, to not hold players accountable for poor execution, as the OP is suggesting, is absurd. Our ****** season is on EVERYONE.

Advertisement

But everyone drops the ball from time to time. Not calling for his head, but that loss is on him. He’s the boss.
You're wrong, we need UTSA talent to compete with the likes of MTSU....................................................

do i need to explain this is heavy sarcasm, well i just did so

I get it and I agree.
But if you and I are playing on defense, and you see me quitting in the fourth quarter, regardless of score…
I want you to punch me in the face.

Facts. However, to not hold players accountable for poor execution, as the OP is suggesting, is absurd. Our ****** season is on EVERYONE.
Yessir totally agreed

It’s why I default to the CEO

Ultimately that’s who is responsible when the entire thing is a **** show

If you're still an individual that blames the players, you need to stop posting here. Instead, download some brain training apps, or start reading more, just do anything to improve your cognitive ability.

The fact that we are I'm 2022 and people still blame the players and make excuses for staff members is just baffling.

I've seen far too many people all season pointing fingers at players saying they're terrible, excusing coaches constantly. Your posts would be more productive if you just typed in "I'm an idiot" and copied and pasted it 1,000 times. I'd rather scroll a little longer each page due to that than see some of you all compete to see who has an IQ closest to room temperature.

If you blame the players, just stop, you need help.
The fact that you only have 404 posts is a blessing.

Advertisement
Players are going to make mistakes. That happens for every team. We aren't unique. Good teams have players in position to take maximize their strengths. We don't do that and make our players look worse than they are.

Example, we all know Mallory is a terrible blocker and his effort in the blocking game is embarrassing. Everyone knows this. Mallory even knows it. So why do we constantly misuse him and have him at the line trying to block DL? He should be split out 99% of the rest of his career here.

Now CiS members here are going to see Mallory fail to block and say Gattis called a good play, Mallory didn't execute. That isn't how it works. If Gattis called a good play he wouldn't be asking Mallory to be in there trying to get a key block.

Thats the case in a nutshell. Our jags should beat MTSU every time. The bigger problem is coach and scheme on offense.
I don’t agree
A lot of these guys lost to fiu
These guys got blown out mich state, unc, and mult other teams that have equal or less talent
The talent is just not that good
It’s just average and all around cfb u see crazy upsets weekly bc most teams are jags and avg if you have a large enough sample size always sets itself in the middle hence a lot of games are truly 50/50 toss ups
The teams that are above this have elite talent
The only teams that don’t lose games like this are the elite teams talent wise
The exception being being texa am but jimbo is a massive corch
Overall our talent is not good enough where our worst play can overcome another teams best play
The talented teams have a player that will just win a game for them
Like cook when he was at fsu
Who on offense do we have that we know can just make a play for a td
So yes the coaching could be better
But it’s clear that Mario is going to install his system his way and I guess his plan is to recruit to fit his system he’s not going to change his system to fit the players
But the players aren’t good enough to overcome bad play

I don't think we have bad players but too many of the same parts. Its like having two left shoes of the same shoe. We have a roster full of slot wr's, change of pace rb's and good role players. Not enough difference makers.

Advertisement
I don’t agree
A lot of these guys lost to fiu
These guys got blown out mich state, unc, and mult other teams that have equal or less talent
The talent is just not that good
It’s just average and all around cfb u see crazy upsets weekly bc most teams are jags and avg if you have a large enough sample size always sets itself in the middle hence a lot of games are truly 50/50 toss ups
The teams that are above this have elite talent
The only teams that don’t lose games like this are the elite teams talent wise
The exception being being texa am but jimbo is a massive corch
Overall our talent is not good enough where our worst play can overcome another teams best play
The talented teams have a player that will just win a game for them
Like cook when he was at fsu
Who on offense do we have that we know can just make a play for a td
So yes the coaching could be better
But it’s clear that Mario is going to install his system his way and I guess his plan is to recruit to fit his system he’s not going to change his system to fit the players
But the players aren’t good enough to overcome bad play
Our talent is good enough to beat MTSU every time but our coaching scheme on offense isn’t.

If you're still an individual that blames the players, you need to stop posting here. Instead, download some brain training apps, or start reading more, just do anything to improve your cognitive ability.

The fact that we are I'm 2022 and people still blame the players and make excuses for staff members is just baffling.

I've seen far too many people all season pointing fingers at players saying they're terrible, excusing coaches constantly. Your posts would be more productive if you just typed in "I'm an idiot" and copied and pasted it 1,000 times. I'd rather scroll a little longer each page due to that than see some of you all compete to see who has an IQ closest to room temperature.

If you blame the players, just stop, you need help.
Get out of my face.

All I've seen for the past 20 years are player propagandists excusing the players for their **** play on the field and blaming the coaching staffs. Its an easy target and low hanging fruit when its guys who are first time head coaches, coaches jumping up from the group of five to the Power 5 for the first time. We've now got guys that have won national championships, conference championships, been awarded as the best in their field. Yet, they come to Miami and its wild how Miami still looks exactly the same as they did with Manny Diaz as the coach. We've been through six staffs and the team looks exactly the same through each one.

The same players that lost to FIU, Duke, and LaTech IN A ROW in 2019 are littering our two deep. The same players that had 68 dropped on them against UNC are littering our two deep. But, Josh Gattis is a problem. What happened the last time Josh Gattis called plays versus Rick Stockstill...tell me what happened? Tell me the last time Mario Cristobal lost to a G5 school in the regular season as a P5 coach. Please, go let me know.

Most of these dudes on this roster are just fine with losing, do not care about winning, and have ****ty work ethic. They ain't built for this level of football and the expectations that come with having that U on their helmet. Not all of them. We always have a few dawgs, a few grit guys, a few glue guys, but we always have a lot of guys that shouldn't be here. That should never be more evident than it is today.

If you're actually a player posting under the cloak of darkness, get your **** together and log off.

Advertisement
The defense was bad. But flagg and Ivey are bad in every scheme. TVD isn’t bad in every scheme. We need to flip the roster to a degree and the OC.
But Enos recruited TVD.. that means he was recruited to be good in a pro style scheme? Maybe Lashlee & Likens know how to make chicken soup out of chicken sh*t?

Don’t get it confuse. I’m not a fan of Gattis either but its for other reason other than him “ruining TVD”. His space and pace is not to my liking but our first round QB ain’t living up to hype either.

We blame Flaggs and Ivey for bad play which is fair but they are not playing themselves and running plays that is not to their skill set? So why isn’t everyone going ape**** on Steele and the defensive staff?

We can crush Flaggs and Ivey every week but everything is wrong with the offense BUT TVD? Nah… the blame goes to everyone.

As it stands today, besides Duke, what team on schedule would Miami be favored to beat?
Too simplistic after a ****** loss.
After FSU lost to JSU last year, what teams were they favored to beat?

If we get blown out, that narrative continues.
If we win, the exaggerated narrative will be that we’re back on track.

About being favored…
I’m keeping an eye on the line next week, btw.
No, I’m not betting on us, but as the saying goes…
”If it’s too good to be true…”

Advertisement
Back