Blaming the players

Imagine thinking coaches are 100% to blame. Imagine thinking people are capable of such control. Imagine thinking players don’t require accountability.

There’s plenty of blame to go around, my friend. We can assign percentages later, but they’re all jointly liable (coaches are mostly to blame).

Stupid and arrogant post.
I don’t agree
A lot of these guys lost to fiu
These guys got blown out mich state, unc, and mult other teams that have equal or less talent
The talent is just not that good
It’s just average and all around cfb u see crazy upsets weekly bc most teams are jags and avg if you have a large enough sample size always sets itself in the middle hence a lot of games are truly 50/50 toss ups
The teams that are above this have elite talent
The only teams that don’t lose games like this are the elite teams talent wise
The exception being being texa am but jimbo is a massive corch
Overall our talent is not good enough where our worst play can overcome another teams best play
The talented teams have a player that will just win a game for them
Like cook when he was at fsu
Who on offense do we have that we know can just make a play for a td
So yes the coaching could be better
But it’s clear that Mario is going to install his system his way and I guess his plan is to recruit to fit his system he’s not going to change his system to fit the players
But the players aren’t good enough to overcome bad play
You have to trust the system that Mario believes will win games and championships. It’s like trusting your doctor. He may not be implementing the system a lot of us want but winning is winning. We have to give him the same we gave golden Shannon and Diaz. The only reason we were ranked as high as we were preseason was because of Mario and the hype. After last Saturday irs apparent these players have no self pride so forget them playing for the U. I agree with your post.

Advertisement
You have to trust the system that Mario believes will win games and championships. It’s like trusting your doctor. He may not be implementing the system a lot of us want but winning is winning. We have to give him the same we gave golden Shannon and Diaz. The only reason we were ranked as high as we were preseason was because of Mario and the hype. After last Saturday irs apparent these players have no self pride so forget them playing for the U. I agree with your post.

Trust and verify…

And this season has been a verified pile of **** and that’s on Mario.

A few recruiting classes of mentally strong players. Not ones who give up and don't care about winning
The same players that started off last year 2-4, then went on to continue competing and won 5 of the next 6 games?

Also, and this isn't directed at you, but is more in general, you can really tell by the replies who has come in here and replied to the first post without reading the entire thread. They're the ones acting like I am saying the players are all perfect and never mess up when that's already been cleared up in other posts throughout the thread.

I love the logic people display on CiS. We can run a running play for a 1 yard loss because Mallory got blown up by the edge player and CiS will go, "That was a good play by Gattis, it would have worked if Mallory just held his block." We all know who Mallory is, calling a play that requires Mallory to block well for it to be successful is not a good play call no matter how you spin it.

I know who Mallory is, I know who Ivey is, I know who Flagg is. I know many players on this roster. We know what they are capable of. We know what their limitations are. The coaches most likely do as well. When we continue to put these players in spots that do not take advantage of what they can and cannot do, I'm not going to continue to put the players down.

I don't sit here and see Ivey get burned on the deep ball over and over and wonder why he doesn't just run faster. I ask why the **** do we still have him trying to do something he can't do well?

This team does not have elite talent, we were never going 12-0 or 11-1. 10-2 would have been amazing. 9-3 would have been great. I had us at 8-9 wins counting the bowl game at best entering the season. I know we have limitations. I am fine losing games if we put our players in position to succeed and we simply didn't have the horses to finish the job. Unfortunately, that hasn't been the case in either loss so far.

I'm not going to blame Mallory for missing a block when he and his mama know he can't block. He isn't the one putting himself in that situation. The staff is. I don't blame Ivey for getting beat deep constantly. He knows he doesn't have the speed to do it, I know it, you know it, his mama knows it, but the staff continues to ask him to do things he isn't capable of. The staff continues to ask these players to do things they simply aren't equipped to do. The players are being asked to adjust to the system when the systems need to be adjusted to the players. Ivey is not going to suddenly learn to run faster, react quicker to bang 8's, etc. Mallory isn't going to suddenly learn to be a good asset in the run blocking game. These guys are being misused so poorly that's why the coaching staff needs the blame, not the players.

This isn't to say the players are never to blame, they all make mistakes, all players at every level do, but the root of our issues are the misuse of our players and that's why the staff needs the blame, not the players.

Exactly
We’re an avg acc teams
Avg acc teams lose to teams like mtsu
It’s rare but it’s not that crazy
That’s my whole point
This isn’t a good roster it’s just avg across the board we don’t have a single day 1-2 level talent on offense
And defense may be Taylor but he’s way to inconsistent
Teams like Clemson have 5 Taylors
We don’t have enough talent to overcome poor play

Average ACC teams with bad coaches might lose to MTS.

Advertisement
Yes, I suppose any coach deserves time, but Mario’s system right now looks like hot steaming garbage. I don’t have much faith as it stands. If something changes, then great. It’ll change with better coaching, better support and better players.

The same players that started off last year 2-4, then went on to continue competing and won 5 of the next 6 games?

Also, and this isn't directed at you, but is more in general, you can really tell by the replies who has come in here and replied to the first post without reading the entire thread. They're the ones acting like I am saying the players are all perfect and never mess up when that's already been cleared up in other posts throughout the thread.

I love the logic people display on CiS. We can run a running play for a 1 yard loss because Mallory got blown up by the edge player and CiS will go, "That was a good play by Gattis, it would have worked if Mallory just held his block." We all know who Mallory is, calling a play that requires Mallory to block well for it to be successful is not a good play call no matter how you spin it.

I know who Mallory is, I know who Ivey is, I know who Flagg is. I know many players on this roster. We know what they are capable of. We know what their limitations are. The coaches most likely do as well. When we continue to put these players in spots that do not take advantage of what they can and cannot do, I'm not going to continue to put the players down.

Yep. That’s the problem with these NFL, precise clockwork type offenses. You need everything in them to work perfectly or the whole thing breaks down. Which is just an idiotic offense.

Does anybody actually think UTSA had everybody on offense do exactly what they needed to do on every play last night?

Did the brain training app teach you to complete sentences in the following fashion?

“The fact that we are I'm 2022 and people still blame the players and make excuses for staff members is just baffling.”

I don't sit here and see Ivey get burned on the deep ball over and over and wonder why he doesn't just run faster. I ask why the **** do we still have him trying to do something he can't do well?

This team does not have elite talent, we were never going 12-0 or 11-1. 10-2 would have been amazing. 9-3 would have been great. I had us at 8-9 wins counting the bowl game at best entering the season. I know we have limitations. I am fine losing games if we put our players in position to succeed and we simply didn't have the horses to finish the job. Unfortunately, that hasn't been the case in either loss so far.

I'm not going to blame Mallory for missing a block when he and his mama know he can't block. He isn't the one putting himself in that situation. The staff is. I don't blame Ivey for getting beat deep constantly. He knows he doesn't have the speed to do it, I know it, you know it, his mama knows it, but the staff continues to ask him to do things he isn't capable of. The staff continues to ask these players to do things they simply aren't equipped to do. The players are being asked to adjust to the system when the systems need to be adjusted to the players. Ivey is not going to suddenly learn to run faster, react quicker to bang 8's, etc. Mallory isn't going to suddenly learn to be a good asset in the run blocking game. These guys are being misused so poorly that's why the coaching staff needs the blame, not the players.

This isn't to say the players are never to blame, they all make mistakes, all players at every level do, but the root of our issues are the misuse of our players and that's why the staff needs the blame, not the players.

Anything with this many words and no citations or footnotes makes me question your title of Prof…

No one reading all this…

Advertisement
Losing to MTSU was Mario’s fault

That doesn’t even really need explained

But everyone drops the ball from time to time. Not calling for his head, but that loss is on him. He’s the boss.
Agree.I'm a big halftime adjustment guy and to have the same energy on both sides of the ball after halftime concerns me. Too many staff members on this team who should've helped with adjustments. DE coach Wright deserves some blame as well for not giving us the UTSA blueprint to beat these guys lol

If you're still an individual that blames the players, you need to stop posting here. Instead, download some brain training apps, or start reading more, just do anything to improve your cognitive ability.

The fact that we are I'm 2022 and people still blame the players and make excuses for staff members is just baffling.

I've seen far too many people all season pointing fingers at players saying they're terrible, excusing coaches constantly. Your posts would be more productive if you just typed in "I'm an idiot" and copied and pasted it 1,000 times. I'd rather scroll a little longer each page due to that than see some of you all compete to see who has an IQ closest to room temperature.

If you blame the players, just stop, you need help.
Nice troll job.

troll dancing GIF

...but the players' share the blame.

Fair point

So to get this correct. On defense its the players, not the coaches and with offense it’s the coaches not the players?
I think on defense it’s still TBD because a bunch of these guys were bad last year. I think on Offense, TVD is in the wrong scheme and the WR’s are subpar. I think the OL looked good prior to the last game. I’m not sure what happened there.

Advertisement
Sometimes a coach gets outcoached by the guy on the other sideline. Sometimes college kids are full of themselves and think they have to just show up and the other team will rollover.

My mindset off players and coaches is Don Shula era which is so alien to todays football this why I get so much push back .

It was a total different world , this I forget but I hold on do dearly along with my time gone by but my memories I cherish and hope to enjoy dreaming at night.

@Cribby , thanks for putting up with my VIEJO OLD STUFF.

GOCANES

Mainly TVDs fault. Gattis has called plays that would work and receivers have been open. Van Winkle throws to the wrong guy or can't throw accurate at all
Receivers have been covered for the most part because the scheme and route concepts are awful and require precision timing to work. When they are open TVD has been erratic and generally bad. Both of these things can be true. That said, you can’t convince me that we lose to MTSU with Lashlee coaching these exact same players. We probably beat aTm with a competent OC.

Advertisement
Yes, let’s trust the system that Utah did Infinitely better than Mario in the pac 12…that same system has lost to a lot of bad teams and wasted qb talent. We were ranked that high because of tvd and our finish last year, and the media and everyone thought this much more expensive coaching staff would be able to i prove upon 7-5

If you're still an individual that blames the players, you need to stop posting here. Instead, download some brain training apps, or start reading more, just do anything to improve your cognitive ability.

The fact that we are I'm 2022 and people still blame the players and make excuses for staff members is just baffling.

I've seen far too many people all season pointing fingers at players saying they're terrible, excusing coaches constantly. Your posts would be more productive if you just typed in "I'm an idiot" and copied and pasted it 1,000 times. I'd rather scroll a little longer each page due to that than see some of you all compete to see who has an IQ closest to room temperature.

If you blame the players, just stop, you need help.
It’s crap like this again that shows how utterly stupid our fanbase is.

Yeah bro no blame whatsoever on the goated roster. It’s totally not Ivey’s fault he gets toasted and we shouldn’t blame TVD for bad throws because he’s trying so hard out there!

Coaching is a larger issue, but to say the players shouldn’t shoulder blame is naïve and clueless.

Thats the case in a nutshell. Our jags should beat MTSU every time. The bigger problem is coach and scheme on offense.
Yep. Clear as day. If you have jags you better scheme them up. Instead we take our jags & put them in a scheme Bama would look bad in.

Advertisement
Back