Blaming the players

TheProf

Sophomore
Purgatory
If you're still an individual that blames the players, you need to stop posting here. Instead, download some brain training apps, or start reading more, just do anything to improve your cognitive ability.

The fact that we are in 2022 and people still blame the players and make excuses for staff members is just baffling.

I've seen far too many people all season pointing fingers at players saying they're terrible, excusing coaches constantly. Your posts would be more productive if you just typed in "I'm an idiot" and copied and pasted it 1,000 times. I'd rather scroll a little longer each page due to that than see some of you all compete to see who has an IQ closest to room temperature.

If you blame the players, just stop, you need help.

Last edited:
Advertisement
i dont think our players are terrible
i just think most are jags
which by definition just means your an avg d1 player
there is nothing wrong with that
statistically speaking most players will be just avg hence jags
so when you have mostly jags you get a jag record of anywhere from 7-5 to 5-7
and thats kind of where we are at right now
where every game is realistically a toss up
we just need better players bc the jag ratio is too high

i dont think our players are terrible
i just think most are jags
which by definition just means your an avg d1 player
there is nothing wrong with that
statistically speaking most players will be just avg hence jags
so when you have mostly jags you get a jag record of anywhere from 7-5 to 5-7
and thats kind of where we are at right now
where every game is realistically a toss up
we just need better players bc the jag ratio is too high
A few elite recruiting classes might have us looking competitive against the MTSU's of the world.

Advertisement
The vast majority of the failure this season is on the staff but the players are mentally weak so they're not completely blameless. With the fragile culture Miami has, Mario and Harris really ****ed up trying to push a square peg into a round hole.

So i mostly agree.

How about everyone takes at least a small part of the blame?
No one gets a full pass after the last 3 weeks.

I’m looking at the Offense, Defense, and the Special teams.
Coaches and players.

And no, I don’t like the Offensive ”philosophy”.
This. I may shxt on Gattis alot but it isn't just him its everything and everyone. There may not be many wins this season but I believe this staff and Mario will turn this around.

Advertisement
Thats the case in a nutshell. Our jags should beat MTSU every time. The bigger problem is coach and scheme on offense.
We have people here somehow excusing that loss. It's unfathomable. We also have people convinced that TVD forgot how to play QB and throw a football all of a sudden. They don't understand a player being misused will look worse in all aspects.

If I take Tom Brady, the best QB of all time, and put him in a veer offense, he'll look terrible. The funny thing is, half the poRsters here would sit there and say Brady sucks in that scenario.

Advertisement
The vast majority of the failure this season is on the staff but the players are mentally weak so they're not completely blameless. With the fragile culture Miami has, Mario and Harris really ****ed up trying to push a square peg into a round hole.

So i mostly agree.
I for the most part agree as well.
As I said though, blame all around.

I hate to think that the players see/read the narrative turn towards the coaches and say,
”see, it’s not us!”
How about executing the basics, on the rare occasion that a play does work, so threads like this are moot?

We have people here somehow excusing that loss. It's unfathomable. We also have people convinced that TVD forgot how to play QB and throw a football all of a sudden. They don't understand a player being misused will look worse in all aspects.

If I take Tom Brady, the best QB of all time, and put him in a veer offense, he'll look terrible. The funny thing is, half the poRsters here would sit there and say Brady sucks in that scenario.
I know I’ve tried to stay away from here, but I haven’t seen posts excusing the loss.

Advertisement
If you're still an individual that blames the players, you need to stop posting here. Instead, download some brain training apps, or start reading more, just do anything to improve your cognitive ability.

The fact that we are I'm 2022 and people still blame the players and make excuses for staff members is just baffling.

I've seen far too many people all season pointing fingers at players saying they're terrible, excusing coaches constantly. Your posts would be more productive if you just typed in "I'm an idiot" and copied and pasted it 1,000 times. I'd rather scroll a little longer each page due to that than see some of you all compete to see who has an IQ closest to room temperature.

👆If you are and individual that porsts this, you need to stop porsting here.

The fact that we are I'm 2022 and people still blame the players and make excuses for staff members is just baffling.

Ivey agrees with you.

A few elite recruiting classes might have us looking competitive against the MTSU's of the world.
In my opinion if you’re a jag the difference between the good jags and bad jags isn’t that great
It’s easy to overcome with scheme or effort
The difference between nfl first day 1/2 vs jags is much bigger
Once we have 5-6 first two day level talent
That’s when we’ll be able to comfortably beat bad teams
A team like Clemson can have an off day bc they have a nfl dline
And as the game wears on their talent just starts to overtake them
We’re just not there yet
So as much as it hurts any game is truly a toss up
It was eye opening just to see how avg our guys are nothing not much special or elite talent out there

Ivey agrees with you.
Ivey has limitations physically that is no secret. If you're putting him on an island, him getting burned is on you.

Players will also mess up from time to time. Find me one team in history that has never had players make mistakes. You know what? Coaches are paid to put players in position to have a chance to succeed. The players won't always execute flawlessly, but when they're in the right position they're going to play much better than if they're constantly misused and in the wrong position.

Advertisement
Back