Blake James went on the Joe Rose Show on WQAM on Thursday morning

Advertisement
Said a lot about our AD that right after the 58-0 drudging to Clemson that Blake said that he still had confidence in Al Golden. Than later on that afternoon he was fired. Blake's not calling the shots

That alone should have taught you that what someone says in an interview doesn’t mean anything. You don’t air your laundry out in public. Say the company line then deal with things behind the scenes. It amazing that you can remember that but you still haven’t learned what AD and Coach speak is

Said a lot about our AD that right after the 58-0 drudging to Clemson that Blake said that he still had confidence in Al Golden. Than later on that afternoon he was fired. Blake's not calling the shots.

Or it could be what I already said.....Blake James isn't going to say this stuff on the Joe Rose Show.

That alone should have taught you that what someone says in an interview doesn’t mean anything. You don’t air your laundry out in public. Say the company line then deal with things behind the scenes. It amazing that you can remember that but you still haven’t learned what AD and Coach speak is

And amazing that you think we have a competent AD.

Advertisement
Miami is dead. Run by people who don’t actually like football.

Not sure why some of you all can’t comprehend that.

To be fair, I don't expect Blake to publicly tell everyone what he plans on doing, or really any AD for that matter. I mention the latter, because the former really wouldn't tell Richt anything because he doesn't strike me as a competent AD.
Someone pointed out that he said publicly al golden wouldn’t be fired post Clemson game but he ultimately was but I’ve seen enough from James to believe he won’t do anything

Advertisement
Said a lot about our AD that right after the 58-0 drudging to Clemson that Blake said that he still had confidence in Al Golden. Than later on that afternoon he was fired. Blake's not calling the shots. He's just a guy to trot out there to get money and shake hands. The BOT needs to get rid of Richt AND Blake James. Get a real AD first so he can do research on the right candidate for Miami to hire as HC; not rely on some hiring firm that doesn't have a pulse on the program.
I think if we go off of history we know a few things:
1. Blake is going to keep stuff in house and not put anyone on blast publicly
2. He clearly takes orders from the BOT

I was slightly encouraged by his responses, but at the same time realize Richt could really dig his heals in and say I’m not making any changes

I have to believe Blake and the BOT will highly suggest changes to the offensive staff, we will see how Richt responds

I think if we go off of history we know a few things:
1. Blake is going to keep stuff in house and not put anyone on blast publicly
2. He clearly takes orders from the BOT

I was slightly encouraged by his responses, but at the same time realize Richt could really dig his heals in and say I’m not making any changes

I have to believe Blake and the BOT will highly suggest changes to the offensive staff, we will see how Richt responds
the fact he's even talking about changes means someone put pressure on him.

So it’s all on Richt to identify the issues and make the necessary changes? That concerns the *** out of me.

It's in his job title, not James'.

His [Blake] job is to evaluate Richt to determine if he is the right leader at the right time.

Failure of the football team is on Richt. Failure of the football program is on James if he allows it to continue. BOT fails if they continue to allow James to fail.

Advertisement
I’m not sure what you guys expect Blake to say. He hired Richt, gave him more money than any canes coach ever had and a year ago we were up to #2.
Now that doesn’t matter one bit today, but Blake is tied to Richt. Who just donated $1mil to the program.
He also wouldn’t go on a radio show saying that he willl ask richt to fire his assistants. This would be such a stupid thing to do. Why pressure a coach like that. That doesn’t mean he won’t tell CMR to overthink his offense.

Not saying anything will happen, but we shouldn’t assume by statements made in public at this point

Blake is tied to Mark, it was his coup. Mark probably has more leeway than him with certain people. He knows if Mark were to be fired he would probably be sent into office first. He is tied to mark and just hoping for best. Whatever he says is irrelevant and shows the lack of leadership we have. Guy cant even demand changes, I wonder the face Mark would make if he told him to give up playcalling.

I am sure they are banking on winning a single game then staying with same staff and blaming issues on qb changes, injury to Ahmmon and any other player who wasnt available, these guys are full of it
Well said

Advertisement
That answer regarding staff changes was different than what he'd give during the Golden years. So we've got that going. Now, if he has the ability to get the job done (however it may be) and get Mork to make major changes is an entirely different story. I'd put my money on the answer being no, and this entire ship lies in the hands of the world's slowest head coach to realize the game's passed him by and he needs to take a major step back running this program.

God help us all.

Jesus Christ @Cane Dynasty is right ... the best change that could potentially happen is serales getting fired if that for another pos yes man. God how does Blake James have a job

Lol Every Blake James thread is you saying “Jesus Christ omfg how does he still have a job” like some panicked stricken fxxxxt.

He’s the AThletic Director for all sports at Miami he’s not another HC of the UM football program. What he’s saying is exactly how someone in his position should answer those types of questions.

He is clearly not someone that is going to watch this team constantly fall below expectations but he’s not going to react like some pxxxy CIS “fan” and come off like a whiny bxxxx over the subject of Mark Richt and his fb program.

richt was his and stuart lenners chosing.

1) His last name is Miller
2) He does not watch, or candidly, care about football.
3) He may have been a part of the interview process for character reasons or signed off on the funds as chair, but I can say with 100% confidence that Stuart Miller had about 0% concern for who we hired.

Lol Every Blake James thread is you saying “Jesus Christ omfg how does he still have a job” like some panicked stricken fxxxxt.

He’s the AThletic Director for all sports at Miami he’s not another HC of the UM football program. What he’s saying is exactly how someone in his position should answer those types of questions.

He is clearly not someone that is going to watch this team constantly fall below expectations but he’s not going to react like some pxxxy CIS “fan” and come off like a whiny bxxxx over the subject of Mark Richt and his fb program.
Sheesh what a time to show your face here lol and yeah I’m worried about ***** boy James who needed a firm to hire Mark Richt and is tanking our baseball/basketball program

Advertisement
Back