Blake James went on the Joe Rose Show on WQAM on Thursday morning

i'm hoping that now that Vima is sitting on the BOT that he gets enough flack from the fanbase( including ex-players)that he has enough pull or at least the ears of the rest of the board to make them understand wholesale changes need to be made and what a cash cow the football program is to the university.

Blake will not be the one to demand changes.Whatever he does his strings will be pulled by people waaaay above his paygrade.

I'm just banking on Vilma having enough clout to get the others to listen.

Advertisement
image.gif

"I'm just an Athletic Director what'd ya want me to do?? I'm just here to do whatever Coach says.."
"I already gave him an extension, my hands are tied!.."

What was more concerning than this interview, was his summary in the Herald about how he would prefer for people to handle criticism and reaching out. He is at the wrong place if he thinks people are not going to air dirty laundry - it is a pro town, with strong voices from former players. But his perceived ineptitude and lack of a plan feeds into people being so vocal. He needs to have thick skin and come off as having more of a clue if he wants people to defer to him. I remember an article with Jeremy Foley, UF's last AD, where he said at all times he kept a list of potential hires for head coaches, even during the days of Urban. I would be shocked if Blake had that, and probably horrified if I knew who was on it if so.

With that said, the needle moved a bit on him - before Richt, much of the complaints centered on the cheap hiring of coaches, lack of facilities, etc. Those have largely been rectified in the past three years. Richt and his staff were not hired on the cheap, and the IPF was definitely not done that way, especially with the new dorms following. All of this is to say, he needs to start getting hires right, because even if he brings in money, it will dry up really quick if we do not show results and we are spending even more money on buyouts.

I mean look -- the fact that's he's even talking to the press shows he's also feeling the heat. It was nice to hear him acknowledge all of the emails and messages he's been getting (he could've easily lied about it).

Advertisement
This interview overtly and clearly proves to me that Blake James doesn’t really care about our on-field football success unless and up until it impacts the money. If you notice he continues to stress making a bowl game only. That is his #1 priority—one more televised, paid game with sponsors, ads, and promotion opportunities. As long as Richt’s tenure doesn’t impact the bottom line $ then he’ll keep him. Only the numbers matter, Blake has on tight blinders where the doe is concerned. He believes that it’s all that matters in his job duties/responsibilities.

of course. at this point they are out of the ACC championship and playoffs. the goal is still within reach to land in a bowl game. Why is that not a worthwhile goal at this point? I don't think if you had asked him at the beginning of the season what the goal was making a bowl game would have been a #1 priority.

of course. at this point they are out of the ACC championship and playoffs. the goal is still within reach to land in a bowl game. Why is that not a worthwhile goal at this point? I don't think if you had asked him at the beginning of the season what the goal was making a bowl game would have been a #1 priority.
Of course U don’t.

$50 bucks says the only slightly probable change this offseason is OLine coach.

Nothing meaningful will happen in regards to offensive play calling, scheme or staff.

Richt is a certified fossil fa-g-got

Advertisement
You can't run a freaking program where you demand the coach make changes after one bad year when he was in the ACC championship the year before. Its not how the real world works. And its the surest way to ensuring you never get another quality coach in your program again. Lets grow up a little and realize this isn't video games. If he doesnt make changes and the slide continues, then he should pay for it however with his job.....thats the real world too

I think it is a consensus that last year was a fluke. Lucky. The team caught a few breaks. If not, last year's record would mirror this year's record. Don't get hung up on last year little man. Losier was not surprising anyone this year. The ACC adjusted and brutalized this sorry *** offense. Take this "L".

Keep up the emailing, phone calls, youtube videos.

The heat is maintaining awareness of the specific problems of poor coaching for offense and special teams; the nepotism, the lack of self-awareness from the head coach, and the inexperience and lack of new ideas of the coaching staff.

Blake is a placeholder figurehead providing some damage control because of the heat.

The BOT like any good C-level execs are watching the product put on the field, listening to the mob, and will make any changes they feel in support of their fiduciary guidelines/goals for the program.

If they didn’t force Al ******* Golden to make changes why would anyone think the would force Mark Richt.

Never pay much attention to coach or AD talk. Actions speak and talk.is talk. Over The years I have seen numerous times a coach is given a vote of confidence to the press one day and fired the next day

Last edited:
Advertisement
Blake is tied to Mark, it was his coup. Mark probably has more leeway than him with certain people. He knows if Mark were to be fired he would probably be sent into office first. He is tied to mark and just hoping for best. Whatever he says is irrelevant and shows the lack of leadership we have. Guy cant even demand changes, I wonder the face Mark would make if he told him to give up playcalling.

I am sure they are banking on winning a single game then staying with same staff and blaming issues on qb changes, injury to Ahmmon and any other player who wasnt available, these guys are full of it
100% agree, have never felt Blake was umm to the task, no-one except AD/BOT thought this was a HR hire
just a safe hire 7,8,9 wins, great face for program. i would look at replacing AD then HC coach.... strictly a money call
they both need to go

So it’s all on Richt to identify the issues and make the necessary changes? That concerns the *** out of me.
Lmao...here's the translation...
"Richt is the HC and its up to him to make the right decisions. My job is to make sure he's the right HC."

James isn't giving up on CMR yet, but he also didn't say that wouldn't change. What he said was that right now is not the time to fire our damned HC!

Advertisement
LOL at guys who still think Fake had anything to do with Folden getting fired.
Yes, clearly that wasn’t Blake’s call. But my point is that he’s not going to say the things we want him to say publicly. In the end, money talks. The people who donate substantially to the program will tell him what to do before his end-of-the-year meeting with Richt, but regardless, he’s not going to come out and get in a P.R. battle with Richt.

Yes, clearly that wasn’t Blake’s call. But my point is that he’s not going to say the things we want him to say publicly. In the end, money talks. The people who donate substantially to the program will tell him what to do before his end-of-the-year meeting with Richt, but regardless, he’s not going to come out and get in a P.R. battle with Richt.
I don’t care what he says publicly. I care more that he says anything at all publicly because he’s an embarrassment every time he does. He’s a lump. A puppet. A beef stew.

Advertisement
Back