Blake James went on the Joe Rose Show on WQAM on Thursday morning

SinisterCane

MOPE DYNASTY
Premium
After a handful of questions into the interview, James was asked if he would be willing to suggest staff changes to Richt if he felt like it needed to be done.

His response: “I would talk with the coach about what we are looking at and what needs to change,” James said. “I am not going to get into what we need in his assistants. Whether it is the head coach, or the athletic director, or anything, you have to identify in the real world the strengths that you need around you and what you need on your team. We will have conversations about the things we are looking at and what we can do different. You ask all sorts of questions as to what is the right fit, but it is not my role to get into saying hey this assistant coach or this assistant coach or we should be doing things this way. That is up to the head coach and we have one that has a long history of being able to figure those things out at a very successful level.”

When those meetings do occur, James says he will make it clear to Richt that he will do whatever he can to support the football program in terms of resources.

“As the athletic director, what do I need to do to support them in their efforts? My job is to help support the coaches to be in the best position to have success and I will talk with Mark about if there is things we need to do as a program to give them something that we don’t have right now to put it to the next level,” James said.

James is confident that Richt will make the right decisions as the leader of the football program to get the UM program back on track.

“There is not a better person than Mark,” James said. “We are blessed as a university to have great people who are great leaders that are leading our programs. All of them are competitive. They want to win and win against the very best. Mark is vocal with me on things he needs in order to win and I hate losing and I do everything I can to make sure I give our programs the resources that they need.”

After starting the 2018 season ranked as the No. 8 team in the country in preseason polls, the Hurricanes are currently 5-5 and fighting for bowl eligibility with games at Virginia Tech and at home against Pittsburgh on the schedule.

James remains hopeful that Miami can end the season on a strong note.

“I don’t think with where we are at now, it is not a secret that everything has not gone as planned,” James said. “There was high hopes from the fans to Mark, myself, and all the guys on the team. Any time you go out, you want to win. We haven’t won the way that we wanted to this year. With that being said, the guys are fighting their way through. We have two games coming up in the next two weeks and I’m confident the guys will be ready to go. I am confident the guys will play their best and hopefully come out with two victories and hopefully end up in a good bowl situation and close the year on a positive note.

“Any time things don’t go as planned, you have to look at things and at the end of the year we will talk about what type of changes have to be made in order for us to achieve at a higher level. Those are things that Mark is looking at and is ongoing. We don’t look at things until the end, you want to address things as soon as you can. I know Mark wants to win this week and win next week and with that said we will talk about the end of the year about the big picture and what we need to do differently.”

Advertisement
In other words, nothing is going to happen anytime soon. Flake "Winnie the Pooh voice" James all Bark, no Bite.

Last edited:
So it’s all on Richt to identify the issues and make the necessary changes? That concerns the *** out of me.

Jesus Christ @Cane Dynasty is right ... the best change that could potentially happen is serales getting fired if that for another pos yes man. God how does Blake James have a job

Advertisement
How can it change if the 2 powers to be don’t see the problems or misidentify the problem.

Blake is tied to Mark, it was his coup. Mark probably has more leeway than him with certain people. He knows if Mark were to be fired he would probably be sent into office first. He is tied to mark and just hoping for best. Whatever he says is irrelevant and shows the lack of leadership we have. Guy cant even demand changes, I wonder the face Mark would make if he told him to give up playcalling.

I am sure they are banking on winning a single game then staying with same staff and blaming issues on qb changes, injury to Ahmmon and any other player who wasnt available, these guys are full of it

Advertisement
@Cane Dynasty and I are in slight disagreement. I don't even think Searles gets fired. Only way he leaves is if he finds another gig that he can latch onto for another few years.
I totally agree it sounds like he’s letting Mark make the changes and that translates to nothing changing. It’s so frustrating that this puppet oversees all our sports

So there is absolutely no oversight of the ****show we call a football program. What an absolute joke.

Fly the banners boys.

giphy.gif

Advertisement
“ There is not a better person than Mark ”

This is to be determined. If he retires and just be honest that he doesn’t have a passion for the game like he once did, then I will consider this statement true. If he comes back w the same staff, continues to run the program the same w the same chitty play calls, thus sinking us further in to the abyss of irrelevance then, imma deem him as a grade-a *** hole!

Blake continues to talk about this season, instead of addressing that we have now gone on three separate four game losing streaks and now have a record of 2-8 in our last 10 against P5 schools and those two wins came against teams with a combined record of
5-14!

There is no reinforcement coming w the class of 19. It can be argued we’re in worst shape now than 5 yrs ago.

Advertisement
Anyone upset with James statements is a moron and just a cry baby. He leaves the decision up to the coach hired to make those decisions. If Richt doesn't do anything it falls squarely on him. He cant sit and say well, if we would have waited it out like I wanted but James dictated changes etc..

You hire a HC to be able to make these tough decisions. If he cant make the tough decisions then its time for that coach to leave.

You all need to settle down and wait til after the season is over and see what Richt decides to do.

Jesus Christ @Cane Dynasty is right ... the best change that could potentially happen is serales getting fired if that for another pos yes man. God how does Blake James have a job
@Cane Dynasty and I are in slight disagreement. I don't even think Searles gets fired. Only way he leaves is if he finds another gig that he can latch onto for another few years.

OL corch gone. Prob new OC but same as current OC just a waste of time.

Superficial changes if any. 2019 another wasted season.

Advertisement
Back