Blake James went on the Joe Rose Show on WQAM on Thursday morning

When will this board ever learn what coach-speak and AD-speak sounds like? Blake James isn't going to air everything out on the freaking radio.
Exactly. The AD is not going to go and broadcast to the general public any differences he has with the football program or any other program.

Advertisement
The BOT has the power to fix the whole situation, but we all know they won't because an elite championship football program is not one of their priorities. Time for fans, media, and former players to reign down **** upon them . They deserve it

That was a lot of talking to say nothing. The only acceptable response was, "This team will look night and day better next year or Richt is fcking fired."

It might be AD speak but if you think Blake wants to have that talk with mark about giving up playcalling and bringing in a OC who is completely different than what mark has done his entire career, I dont know what to tell you. Those guys want to just get a W then blame the struggles on something else basically kicking the can down.

Mark said he came here to call plays, he wanted to try to showup the people at UGA that he could still do it for whatever ego reasons only he knows. Listen to any interview last couple of weeks as the offense looks like complete crap and hear how Mark bristles at any questions about the offense like it should not be questioned. I could imagine how he felt about ESPN broadcast exposing his 1 top 20 offense in dam near 2 decades.

Now add in that blake hired him and then gave him an unwarranted extension (no one was questioning if he was gonna leave) he has to hope he succeeds because blake will be fired also. Plus Mark is probably his boss at this point so he cant be like UGA and take play calling away with ease.

Advertisement
Question. Who signs the checks/Approves hires at UM. BOT? President Frenk? What if Blake wants changes or Richt wants changes, but the BOT isnt willing to buyout coaches contracts and then pay for top coaches? Fire searles and bring in some scrub from FAU making 100k? UM doesnt have an endless check book. If they did theyd get any coach they want. Who wouldnt want to coach in paradise? Until Miami starts paying for top coaches like others or Richt can evaluate cheap talented coaches (which isnt easy), nothing will change. Just my opinion.

Advertisement
He's not going to go on the radio and bash the coach. Come on now.
This. Even if he is thinking about suggesting staff changes to Richt, he's not going to say it on the radio.

I'm not saying it's going to happen, but let's use our heads here.

This was the same guy saying he supported Golden a week before the Clemson game that got him fired.

You guys really think Searels is getting canned? That dude is going nowhere. If he was, he’d be fired already. What’s the point of waiting until after the season? We’re losing both of our OL recruits anyways. Plus, where else will Richt find a big, soft, cuddly, bible thumping OL coach? Those dudes are usually mean as ****.

Advertisement
Prediction: Searles gets fired to take some of the heat off, no one else, and Richt spends the offseason pumping up young players while making no substantive changes. We're better next year simply because Rosier is gone but are no closer to winning the ACC, let alone the 'ship.

Why are you guys expecting Blake to rip Richt publicly?

Blakes said “you have to identify in the real world the strengths that you need around you and what you need on your team. We will have conversations about the things we are looking at and what we can do different.”

He’s telling us hey i know the issues and we will make the changes. He can’t just come out and bash people.

Advertisement
Blake is tied to Mark, it was his coup. Mark probably has more leeway than him with certain people. He knows if Mark were to be fired he would probably be sent into office first. He is tied to mark and just hoping for best. Whatever he says is irrelevant and shows the lack of leadership we have. Guy cant even demand changes, I wonder the face Mark would make if he told him to give up playcalling.

I am sure they are banking on winning a single game then staying with same staff and blaming issues on qb changes, injury to Ahmmon and any other player who wasnt available, these guys are full of it
richt was his and stuart lenners chosing.

He didn't criticize Richt, but he mentioned change multiple times. You have to read beyween the lines. He's going to tell Mark to get an OC. He will probably tell him what type of offense he wants. But he is going to let Richt pick the guy.

Just because you go to church twice a week doesn't make you a good coach.

Advertisement
Back