Blake James went on the Joe Rose Show on WQAM on Thursday morning

Advertisement
I’m not sure what you guys expect Blake to say. He hired Richt, gave him more money than any canes coach ever had and a year ago we were up to #2.
Now that doesn’t matter one bit today, but Blake is tied to Richt. Who just donated $1mil to the program.
He also wouldn’t go on a radio show saying that he willl ask richt to fire his assistants. This would be such a stupid thing to do. Why pressure a coach like that. That doesn’t mean he won’t tell CMR to overthink his offense.

Not saying anything will happen, but we shouldn’t assume by statements made in public at this point

It would be unprofessional of James to criticize Richt in public.

Counsel/criticize in private, praise in public.

That's why it is a tell when an AD/owner/CEO doesn't/won't guve a vote of confidence in public to a key subordinate HC/VP/etc.

Advertisement
i'm hoping that now that Vima is sitting on the BOT that he gets enough flack from the fanbase( including ex-players)that he has enough pull or at least the ears of the rest of the board to make them understand wholesale changes need to be made and what a cash cow the football program is to the university.

Blake will not be the one to demand changes.Whatever he does his strings will be pulled by people waaaay above his paygrade.

I'm just banking on Vilma having enough clout to get the others to listen.
Vilma is a BOT now?

We should feel honored that Fake "Feet don't fail me now" James is our AD....not.

Advertisement
If they didn’t force Al ******* Golden to make changes why would anyone think the would force Mark Richt.

They were still traumatized by the NCAA thing and were reluctant to do anything to Golden who was Mr Pure and Clean in their eyes. He exploited the idea of THE CLOUD quite well. No such thing happening now, and as someone pointed out above, they've actually spent money on the program recently, so they should want a return on it. As long as it doesn't come with NCAA issues, a successful football program is good for the university all around. They've got to realize that. But I don't trust their judgment even if they've got good intentions.

It might be AD speak but if you think Blake wants to have that talk with mark about giving up playcalling and bringing in a OC who is completely different than what mark has done his entire career, I dont know what to tell you. Those guys want to just get a W then blame the struggles on something else basically kicking the can down.

Mark said he came here to call plays, he wanted to try to showup the people at UGA that he could still do it for whatever ego reasons only he knows. Listen to any interview last couple of weeks as the offense looks like complete crap and hear how Mark bristles at any questions about the offense like it should not be questioned. I could imagine how he felt about ESPN broadcast exposing his 1 top 20 offense in dam near 2 decades.

Now add in that blake hired him and then gave him an unwarranted extension (no one was questioning if he was gonna leave) he has to hope he succeeds because blake will be fired also. Plus Mark is probably his boss at this point so he cant be like UGA and take play calling away with ease.

If only that SOB would bristle and get mad at how his crap offense plays!

The planes need to fly next season from the first game to the last - if he doesn't honorably bow out. I don't give a tinkers dam about his personal likes or dislikes - or that he may have a hard-on to prove Georgia wrong - he can shove all that crap between his creases.

You tried, you did it your way, your way doesn't work, and you need to take it down the road.

We are worse and worse! What idiot would keep doing the same things - and be stupid enough to expect different results?

This. Even if he is thinking about suggesting staff changes to Richt, he's not going to say it on the radio. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but let's use our heads here.This was the same guy saying he supported Golden a week before the Clemson game that got him fired.

And even if he, or the board demand specific staff changes, it will likely be presented solely as Richt's idea. If you let people know the head coach is being micromanaged, it's a really bad look for the program and could damage recruiting beyond what this losing streak has.

Advertisement
I read that as a nice way of saying at the end of the season Richt better have solutions to fix why we suck and and by “support” he meant we have the money to hire new staff memebers so Richt can’t blame the budget. But mostly just AD speak but I thought he was about as open as you could be in that setting.

What he needed to say "We need to improve as a team and coaching staff. Here in Miami we are about winning championships not the coastal nor the ACC. I will make sure we can allocate the resources to make this team a championship team." Or just say "I quit!"

Advertisement
rhino.gif

I think it is a consensus that last year was a fluke. Lucky. The team caught a few breaks. If not, last year's record would mirror this year's record. Don't get hung up on last year little man. Losier was not surprising anyone this year. The ACC adjusted and brutalized this sorry *** offense. Take this "L".
Are you 5 years old? Are you a mental midget? Who speaks like this. Little man? Take this L? You must have had the stupidest ******* parents around huh? Like kids patted you on the back and said sorry when they came to pick you up? Only way I can imagine you think it's normal to engage like this. So I'll do same so we can be at your level.

James' response was the correct one. It's not his job to micromanage the head coach. His job is picking his brain and finding out what is going well, what is not and how to move forward and put him in the best position to win. If James needs to micromanage the coach, we need another coach. Why would we want a guy that needs to be told what he's doing wrong? He needs to figure that out or he's not the guy we need.

Advertisement
Back