Blake James on Zo

A lot of fans are stupid & will sop this horseshìt up thinking that Zo is the one that didn't want to be here.

Our fanbase has a shìt ton of Hect troglodytes who are always trying to find a reason to brown nose the school administration.
Like this ******* idiot.

F255945C-FE93-4525-A796-CBE021D7E9FC.jpeg

Advertisement
From Barry Jackson's article an hour ago:

After on-and-off conversations with former Hurricanes great Alonzo Highsmith over several weeks, the University of Miami has decided not to hire him.

“We had conversations with Alonzo but never were able to agree to terms,” athletic director Blake James said in an e-mail to The Miami Herald. “With that said we have moved forward in our search and are excited about other prospects.”

HIghsmith said UM never offered him a job but declined further comment.

At the behest of a prominent Board of Trustee member, James and coach Manny Diaz reached to out to Highsmith in early January to discuss a potential job as chief of staff, in a role offering assistance to Diaz in several areas.

At least one prominent UM trustee and a high-profile booster wanted UM to hire Highsmith for a powerful position similar to a role as a general manager of an NFL team. The booster was even willing to pay Highsmith’s salry under those circumstances.

But James never considered that GM-type position, because it would be highly unusual for a college football program and because he didn’t want anyone looking over Diaz’s shoulder.

And though Highsmith spoke directly with Diaz and James about a lower-profile, less-impactful chief of staff role, that job - and a modest salary - never held great appeal to Highsmith, according to a close associate of Highsmith.

Highsmith said that job ultimately was never offered.

Highsmith remains employed as a personnel executive with the Cleveland Browns.

Advertisement
So if I understand this, they probably offered Alonzo a job with no authority, he said no to that offer and said he’d rather stay in the NFL than be their clown and now Blake is saying Alonzo turned their offer down. Is that what happened?

At first Blake try to deflect this idea by offering a lower-level more administrative position, then he was strong-armed into giving Highsmith a more serious role by power broker types. He then hid behind his hands off approach and left this on Manny's desk to kill it. Now he can tell everybody that he tried his best, but it wasn't ultimately his call. In other words, he saved his own *** trying to squeeze out another year before he is sure to be fired.

So if I understand this, they probably offered Alonzo a job with no authority, he said no to that offer and said he’d rather stay in the NFL than be their clown and now Blake is saying Alonzo turned their offer down. Is that what happened?

which is exactly what was predicted a few weeks ago.... All done to placate angry fans knowing he would probably turn it down.

So no one here thinks it's at all possible we were Zo's plan B in case he got fired in Cleveland?

I really wanted him here as a football CEO but discounting the possibility is kind of silly.
Browns just hired a new HC. They don't have a GM right now. I seriously, seriously doubt Zo's job in Cleveland is safe.

How can I be shilling? I've wanted Zo here from day one with as much power as he could possibly get.

Imo they likely offered him a chief of staff role similar to what others in that position country wide have.
You’re suggesting that Alonzo chose to stay in the NFL as Blake has stated. Of course he did. He didn’t have a legitimate job offer for a person on his professional level. He had an offer to hang around with a toothless title.

Advertisement
So no one here thinks it's at all possible we were Zo's plan B in case he got fired in Cleveland?

I really wanted him here as a football CEO but discounting the possibility is kind of silly.
I think we discount this because of Dmoney’s report.. who I think we’d both agree wouidnt report something on his site that wasn’t coming from a good source.

You cannot be serious...

What's so unbelievable about that? Cleveland just fired the GM that brought Zo in didn't they? There's not much question ZO was on shaky ground.

Imo it sounds like a faction of boosters and BOT members wanted him for a GM role and BJ and Manny wanted him for a Chief of Staff role similar to what other schools have. But I don't think Zo was going to leave the NFL for any role here if he was retained by Cleveland. He wants to be and has a legit chance to be an NFL GM.

What's so unbelievable about that? Cleveland just fired the GM that brought Zo in didn't they? There's not much question ZO was on shaky ground.

Imo it sounds like a faction of boosters and BOT members wanted him for a GM role and BJ and Manny wanted him for a Chief of Staff role similar to what other schools have. But I don't think Zo was going to leave the NFL for any role here if he was retained by Cleveland. He wants to be and has a legit chance to be an NFL GM.
Can you please find another team to support? An absolute insufferable, incompetent, half-witted nonce you are.

Advertisement
The school seriously doesn't get it right now. Our fanbase is larger than our alumni base. The profile of the football program raised the profile of the school to heights it had never even dreamed up. More applications mean a lower admission rate mean a stronger ranking. A good football program gets you the best advertising possible with prime time national TV games. Announcers sucking you off for 3 hours straight. Putting more asses in seats. People spending on concessions. More pull within your conference. Why in the **** are they so resistant to trying to ******* win?

Advertisement
Serious question. If James gets the axe. Does head SJW Jenn Strawley automatically go with him, will it be up to the next AD, or will they handcuff the next guy with her simply for diversity purposes? I would think that would chase away most of the 12.3% of qualified AD's willing to give UM an honest look.

He met with UM on 4 different occasions including with his agent because he was playing us as a second option?

That sounds like a Blake James spin job to put the onus on Zo & absolve them of dropping the ball.

Blake & Manny fúcked this up. Zo wanted to be here & wanted to help this program out, they didn't want him here because they know as soon as he got here it would expedite their firing.

Advertisement
Back