Blake James on Zo

My comment is people get the benefit of the doubt until they don't. Blake James lost the benefit of the doubt months ago from any one of a dozen of his key decisions. Blake James bungled this through 1) all of the public discussion; 2) not having his ducks in a row; 3) being afraid of his direct report and cowing to his whims. Barry's report aligns with D$, Ferman, Dave Hyde, and every other insider.

Only one person in this entire story has a reason to give half of the story and try to turn the tide of public opinion. He just told people who he needs to grovel to for money no because he could not get his direct report in line. Incidentally, he hired this direct report in a six hour coaching search. It is not a stretch to say he should be worried about his job's security. So yes, I will listen to what Barry said and not BJ, because I have a brain that is operating above a 6 year old's level of critical thinking.

1. Barry's report aligns with D$, Ferman, Dave Hyde, and every other insider.
These are the same people that said one of the following. Gruden to Miami is a done deal. The deal with Zo was done, etc.

2. So yes, I will listen to what Barry said and not BJ, because I have a brain that is operating above a 6 year old's level of critical thinking.
How is this possible? If you have a critical thinking level above a 6 year old's do you really think Blake or Manny have any power to stop this move? This is all on the BOT. Also think to yourself would a person with Zo's resume would really take a position that is below his skill level? Come on bruh, really think about this move. There is only 1 place for ZO, and that is to be AD.

Advertisement
1. Barry's report aligns with D$, Ferman, Dave Hyde, and every other insider.
These are the same people that said one of the following. Gruden to Miami is a done deal. The deal with Zo was done, etc.

2. So yes, I will listen to what Barry said and not BJ, because I have a brain that is operating above a 6 year old's level of critical thinking.
How is this possible? If you have a critical thinking level above a 6 year old's do you really think Blake or Manny have any power to stop this move? This is all on the BOT. Also think to yourself would a person with Zo's resume would really take a position that is below his skill level? Come on bruh, really think about this move. There is only 1 place for ZO, and that is to be AD.
1) Those were one off people (Ferman with Gruden) and the Zo thing sounds like it was done and dusted but fell apart. When this site, the Herald, the Sentinel, and another Miami site are saying the same thing, not a stretch to say that is what happened. The only person saying otherwise is the guy who has egg on his face.
2) I promise you, I know how this school works and how other school's athletic departments work to compare it to. I am not even sure if you know what goes into being an AD. A few pieces of information - 1) it is a lot more than football; 2) you need to know Title IX extremely well; 3) a lot of the role is budget and fundraising focus (can't wait to see how BJ does this the next time he needs money after rejecting monty for this). You are right he is above making flight and hotel reservations as a chief of staff or whatever nonsense position, and it is clear that is all that Manny wanted to offer. However, if the intent was to have him help revamp recruiting and scouting, and utilize his talents, then AD is not the role we need him in either. Which is why Barry Jackson and others have said the school needs to be innovative and effectively create a GM position for him in the AD.

Advertisement
1) Those were one off people (Ferman with Gruden) and the Zo thing sounds like it was done and dusted but fell apart. When this site, the Herald, the Sentinel, and another Miami site are saying the same thing, not a stretch to say that is what happened. The only person saying otherwise is the guy who has egg on his face.
2) I promise you, I know how this school works and how other school's athletic departments work to compare it to. I am not even sure if you know what goes into being an AD. A few pieces of information - 1) it is a lot more than football; 2) you need to know Title IX extremely well; 3) a lot of the role is budget and fundraising focus (can't wait to see how BJ does this the next time he needs money after rejecting monty for this). You are right he is above making flight and hotel reservations as a chief of staff or whatever nonsense position, and it is clear that is all that Manny wanted to offer. However, if the intent was to have him help revamp recruiting and scouting, and utilize his talents, then AD is not the role we need him in either. Which is why Barry Jackson and others have said the school needs to be innovative and effectively create a GM position for him in the AD.
I am with you on number 2. This is not a great example because it failed. USC hired Lynn Swan I am sure he did not know anything about Title IX or budgeting. They hired him to fix USC football. Hire Zo as AD and make a Blake type work for him. If USC did it Miami can.

So it's not at all possible it can be both? He has legit interest in the position but if retained by Cleveland it gets him closer to his goal of being a GM.
Again, if he was not retained by Cleveland, he would have no problem finding another job in the NFL. He was not engaging in this joke of a process during the most critical and busiest time as an NFL unless he was going to take the job. No one would be. We are not talking about Carlos Beltran lining up a job because he may be fired with a scarlet letter on his chest. Everyone in the NFL knows the Browns' owner is a joke and he had a successful time with the Packers. Miami is not his only landing place for a guy with his career.

Advertisement
Again, if he was not retained by Cleveland, he would have no problem finding another job in the NFL. He was not engaging in this joke of a process during the most critical and busiest time as an NFL unless he was going to take the job. No one would be. We are not talking about Carlos Beltran lining up a job because he may be fired with a scarlet letter on his chest. Everyone in the NFL knows the Browns' owner is a joke and he had a successful time with the Packers. Miami is not his only landing place for a guy with his career.

No problem getting another job in the NFL?

Can you not see what a preposterous assumption that is for a guy at his level?

No problem getting another job in the NFL?

Can you not see what a preposterous assumption that is for a guy at his level?
Again, if he was focused on the NFL GM with no intention of taking this job, then he would not have been dealing with this charade for a month during peak season for an NFL scout. I am done with this conversation at this point, and hopefully any and all future conversations with you in the future.

Advertisement
Blake James now has a conflicting story with Highsmith?

giphy.gif

This school is not even a joke anymore. Used to laugh at chit like this, but now I expect it.

Advertisement
**** off dip****.
No one likes you here, as matter of fact you’re on Diaz levels of hate here In how this board feels about you. Your porsts are so clearly troll that they have a stink on them on par with your girlfriend jenn Strawleys Stinky hippie feminist snatch! Maybe you should go back to that bar In coconut grove and finish the job you started back In the day by drinking yourself into a como so we never have to suffer your insufferable porsts again!

Advertisement
Back