Blake James on Zo

He met with UM on 4 different occasions including with his agent because he was playing us as a second option?

That sounds like a Blake James spin job to put the onus on Zo & absolve them of dropping the ball.

Blake & Manny fúcked this up. Zo wanted to be here & wanted to help this program out, they didn't want him here because they know as soon as he got here it would expedite their firing.

i don't think anyone was playing anyone.

Will be interesting to hear if Zo speaks publicly about it. I'd love to hear what he says about this whole thing.

Advertisement
**** off dip****.
You sit here and have you head somewhere between the sand and up Blake James, you have zero reference point as to what made this program great, and you accept garbage mediocrity. You clearly were born sometime in the last 18 years, and frankly, need to talk less and listen more to people who are better informed and more experienced than you.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but yours somehow are consistently wrong and rooted in asinine fallacy. Take this one for example - do you really think Zo would be engaged in a month long, public disgrace of a coaching search if he was not going to take the job if offered? Talk less, listen more for your own sake and more importantly, everyone else's.

Thank you!!!
Your comment about taking Blake James at face value was no better.

He met with UM on 4 different occasions including with his agent because he was playing us as a second option?

That sounds like a Blake James spin job to put the onus on Zo & absolve them of dropping the ball.

Blake & Manny fúcked this up. Zo wanted to be here & wanted to help this program out, they didn't want him here because they know as soon as he got here it would expedite their firing.
Mind you, this is during senior bowl and draft prep time, but Zo wanted to be engaged in a public he-said she-said in case he needs a job one day. Like he couldn't find another one in the NFL.

The AD of football position wouldn't have reported to Blake James, so why are you blaming him?

The BOT had the power to hire Highsmith for a position of real power. THEY chose not to.

Blake James would only have the power to hire Highsmith for a position reporting either to him or to Manny Diaz.

This is 100% on the BOT. Blame them.

Advertisement
You sit here and have you head somewhere between the sand and up Blake James, you have zero reference point as to what made this program great, and you accept garbage mediocrity. You clearly were born sometime in the last 18 years, and frankly, need to talk less and listen more to people who are better informed and more experienced than you.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but yours somehow are consistently wrong and rooted in asinine fallacy. Take this one for example - do you really think Zo would be engaged in a month long, public disgrace of a coaching search if he was not going to take the job if offered? Talk less, listen more for your own sake and more importantly, everyone else's.

What is your comment? Why should we take your comments as gospel?

The AD of football position wouldn't have reported to Blake James, so why are you blaming him?

The BOT had the power to hire Highsmith for a position of real power. THEY chose not to.

Blake James would only have the power to hire Highsmith for a position reporting either to him or to Manny Diaz.

This is 100% on the BOT. Blame them.
Finally someone who understand how a college works! Blake and Manny have no power over this. If the BOT wants it they get it.

Advertisement

Your read is spot on as usual. I've been a season ticket holder for more than 18 years.

I also know Zo has made no bones about wanting to be a GM. Answer this one question for me.

If Zo still has an opportunity to be the top guy for an NFL Franchise, he takes a football GM role here for what reason?

Last edited:
Oh so now James is calling Highsmith a liar

giphy.gif

Finally someone who understand how a college works! Blake and Manny have no power over this. If the BOT wants it they get it.

Blake James is an easy scapegoat. Most fans will blame him. But the real culprits are the BOT pulling the strings.

The only people who could hire a football AD that does not report to James would have been the BOT or the university president.

Frenk and the BOT are happy if all your anger is pointed at Diaz and James, instead of them.

Cure the disease, don't just treat the symptoms. It's the BOT.

Advertisement
Your read is spot on as usual. I've been a season ticket holder for more than 18 years.

I also know Zo has made no bones about wanting to be a GM. Answer this one question for me.

If Zo still has an opportunity to be the top guy for an NFL Franchise, he take a football GM role here for what reason?
It could be any one of a million of reasons... here are a few just off the top of my head why:
1) he loves the school;
2) he is burnt out on the NFL;
3) he would have better job security here;
4) he wants to leave Cleveland;
5) he does not know when the GM job will come open;
6) he wants to be back in Miami specifically;
7) he wants to impact younger people's lives;
8) he saw it as a chance to create a new dynamic, similar to Herm Edwards on the coaching side.

People make job decisions for a million different reasons. He was engaged in one of the most pathetic human resource case studies that I have ever seen. No one would be sitting there during their work's busiest time, flying to meet with an AD on multiple occasions, engaged in a public he-said she-said, because they were maybe worried about one day being fired. You are taking every piece of evidence and coming to the most illogical conclusion possible. Talk less, listen more.

It could be any one of a million of reasons... here are a few just off the top of my head why:
1) he loves the school;
2) he is burnt out on the NFL;
3) he would have better job security here;
4) he wants to leave Cleveland;
5) he does not know when the GM job will come open;
6) he wants to be back in Miami specifically;
7) he wants to impact younger people's lives;
8) he saw it as a chance to create a new dynamic, similar to Herm Edwards on the coaching side.

People make job decisions for a million different reasons. He was engaged in one of the most pathetic human resource case studies that I have ever seen. No one would be sitting there during their work's busiest time, flying to meet with an AD on multiple occasions, engaged in a public he-said she-said, because they were maybe worried about one day being fired. You are taking every piece of evidence and coming to the most illogical conclusion possible. Talk less, listen more.

You mean talk less unless I agree with you.

What is your comment? Why should we take your comments as gospel?

I am not a Blake fan but let me back him a bit here. You will listen to anything Barry would say but reject what Blake says? I dont get this one.
My comment is people get the benefit of the doubt until they don't. Blake James lost the benefit of the doubt months ago from any one of a dozen of his key decisions. Blake James bungled this through 1) all of the public discussion; 2) not having his ducks in a row; 3) being afraid of his direct report and cowing to his whims. Barry's report aligns with D$, Ferman, Dave Hyde, and every other insider.

Only one person in this entire story has a reason to give half of the story and try to turn the tide of public opinion. He just told people who he needs to grovel to for money no because he could not get his direct report in line. Incidentally, he hired this direct report in a six hour coaching search. It is not a stretch to say he should be worried about his job's security. So yes, I will listen to what Barry said and not BJ, because I have a brain that is operating above a 6 year old's level of critical thinking.

Advertisement

So a canned quote from the worst of the local beat writers came out on 12/31 and now more than two weeks later he is still engaged in a public circus of a job search. He must be real laser focused on that NFL GM position and have no interest in this job.

So a canned quote from the worst of the local beat writers came out on 12/31 and now more than two weeks later he is still engaged in a public circus of a job search. He must be real laser focused on that NFL GM position and have no interest in this job.

So it's not at all possible it can be both? He has legit interest in the position but if retained by Cleveland it gets him closer to his goal of being a GM.

Advertisement
Back