Blake James - Finalist AD for BC (updated 5/31) Confirmed Hired

Advertisement
Blake was garbage no one should defend him.....hiring Diaz was the most irresponsible thing ever. I knew the minute he got him it was lights out for him. The MR was also questionable af he just had gotten fired by a university that wants to win big.

Blake was garbage no one should defend him.....hiring Diaz was the most irresponsible thing ever. I knew the minute he got him it was lights out for him. The MR was also questionable af he just had gotten fired by a university that wants to win big.

I can forgive Richt. Hiring Diaz was a joke. Plus he was always a follower in building up the program’s economics. No vision at all.

Blake’s bet is to work at a place like Bama to learn what being an AD really is. Or if he doesn’t have it in him, go G5 and find his forever job.

Advertisement
Ok but what you and @OriginalGatorHater did to Blake and Manny wasn’t very nice…

66BAE8AF-E2A6-4366-9373-27098E54714B.gif
417B8667-53B0-4C0B-B842-CDAB202E2B72.gif

Lol at the notion Blake cares about what fans say. It’s called he got tired of being chitted on, not cared. The two are not synonymous. @Bender

And a big lol at any theory that Blake was good at his job.

- Gets ghosted by Golden, like literally didn’t know what was going on as Golden tried to parlay as weak 9-4 season into a new coaching gig. Allowed the **** to come back, stinks it up in 2014, & STILL allowed this **** to come back in 2015. Had to be pushed to fire him after the 58-0 debacle at home.

- Gives Richt his biggest payday to not retire, & sweetened the pot by allowing his inexperienced son to come on board as coach for the most important position in football

-Richt then does the program a solid by walking away from $$ on the table, and what does this @$$hole do? Gets conned into hiring Diaz, w/ no coaching search. Not only does he hire Diaz, but he paid Temple to hire him.

Man, Fck him; stop trying to revise history. Dude turned down booster help, turned down admin help, and the IPF was spearheaded by Richt, not this chump. Oh, but, but, we do have a Tennis Nat’l title while he was AD, so there’s that. FOH, blood.

I hope BC does hire him so we can embarrass them every yr.

Advertisement
Lol at the notion Blake cares about what fans say. It’s called he got tired of being chitted on, not cared. The two are not synonymous
If he didnt care, he wouldn't have reacted in any way. He cared enough to silence everyone and then himself lol

Lol at the notion Blake cares about what fans say. It’s called he got tired of being chitted on, not cared. The two are not synonymous. @Bender

- Gets ghosted by Golden, like literally didn’t know what was going on as Golden tried to parlay as weak 9-4 season into a new coaching gig. Allowed the **** to come back, stinks it up in 2014, & STILL allowed this **** to come back in 2015. Had to be pushed to fire him after the 58-0 debacle at home.

- Gives Richt his biggest payday to not retire, & sweetened the pot by allowing his inexperienced son to come on board as coach for the most important position in football

-Richt then does the program a solid by walking away from $$ on the table, and what does this @$$hole do? Gets conned into hiring Diaz, w/ no coaching search. Not only does he hire Diaz, but he paid Temple to hire him.

Man, Fck him; stop trying to revise history. Dude turned down booster help, turned down admin help, and the IPF was spearheaded by Richt, not this chump. Oh, but, but, we do have a Tennis Nat’l title while he was AD, so there’s that. FOH, blood.

He didn’t get conned into hiring Diaz, he was 100% on board and didn’t need to be convinced in the slightest. Blake thought it was a 3-D dimensional chess move hiring him. He thought he had a diamond in the rough that would develop quickly. He was wrong.

If he didnt care, he wouldn't have reacted in any way. He cared enough to silence everyone and then himself lol

Again, u’re associating “caring” w/ a deleted account. Ppl r more concerned w/ self image vs. the cares of others. He deleted the account b/c I’m sure he was tired of the constant backlash he received or trolls. A lot of ppl get tired of such rhetoric, even if they, themselves r not the direct target.

If he’s looking for a new AD job & fans r poking at him at every chance, it would’ve been prudent for him to shut down any negativity aimed towards him. That doesn’t mean he cares, it means self preservation.

Advertisement
He didn’t get conned into hiring Diaz, he was 100% on board and didn’t need to be convinced in the slightest. Blake thought it was a 3-D dimensional chess move hiring him. He thought he had a diamond in the rough that would develop quickly. He was wrong.

What I mean by conned is Diaz saying “hey man, I could still be available, but I have to know now.”

I’m more than sure he was 100% on board, but the quickness in the manner it happened was alarming. For my hate to remain at a level 8, I need to believe he was conned; if not, it’ll rise to a level 20. Lol.

Again, u’re associating “caring” w/ a deleted account. Ppl r more concerned w/ self image vs. the cares of others. He deleted the account b/c I’m sure he was tired of the constant backlash he received or trolls. A lot of ppl get tired of such rhetoric, even if they, themselves r not the direct target.

If he’s looking for a new AD job & fans r poking at him at every chance, it would’ve been prudent for him to shut down any negativity aimed towards him. That doesn’t mean he cares, it means self preservation.
he didnt delete the account, nor did he delete any tweets. they are still visible to everyone like this one:

dude hasnt posted a single tweet since then about anything and you honestly want to tell me he doesn't care? if he is tired of something, he cares. if you put a chick on mute because she is annoying, you cared enough to even react in such way.

What I mean by conned is Diaz saying “hey man, I could still be available, but I have to know now.”

I’m more than sure he was 100% on board, but the quickness in the manner it happened was alarming. For my hate to remain at a level 8, I need to believe he was conned; if not, it’ll rise to a level 20. Lol.

Well I don’t mean to increase your blood pressure, because there’s no way to know what the nature of the conversations were between Blake and Diaz, but I always got the sense that Blake pursued him and that Diaz said “listen if I’m gonna come back to Miami, it’s not fair to Temple for me to leave them hanging for several days or a week since I’m already their coach, so we either cut this deal quickly, or I’m just gonna stay at Temple.“ Which to me makes sense, because as bad of a coach as Diaz was, I think he felt a little bit of guilt and was trying to do right by everyone involved.

Anyway, there’s no reason to hate anybody, these were just bad hires, it happens all the time, and we just have to move on. Especially with Manny, I thought he did his best, I thought he did what he thought was right for the program, I don’t think he had any bad intent towards anyone, he just wasn’t even above average P5 level coaching material, and had some pretty glaring flaws as a coach. He’s not a bad person, he’s just a bad coach, at least for a program the level of Miami.

Likewise, Blake was not a top P5 A.D. candidate, and he really didn’t have a vision that we could build on. He really failed at articulating and implementing a vision to try to be competitive with the top schools. Those are huge flaws to have in this ultra competitive environment.

Nothing personal, neither was up for the job, and neither one of them should’ve ever been hired at Miami. Maybe at other places but not here.

Advertisement

D0CACC20-F9AC-4ABF-8698-C8CCE58D4D73.gif

Advertisement
Back