Blake James - Finalist AD for BC (updated 5/31) Confirmed Hired

Advertisement
Then they found their man!!
I got you covered too, Empirical one. Some of the fellas back on the NYSOM Annual Awards and Gif Committee suggested a new gif series…

93C31028-5975-43D7-9B9C-0075EEE3A0E9.gif

Advertisement
I actually wanna feel bad for them. Blake James is such a failure i dont even want to mock BC for hiring him. But....OOF.
I actually feel the complete opposite. They have all the evidence in the world of what a complete failure he was here and they still hired him. Let them live with their choice.

How did the legend of beta Blake the fundraiser come to be? The guy leaves and every big money miami booster on earth is now showering the school with money after being uninspired for however many years with him at the helm. RIP whenever they need to make big boy sports hires

Advertisement
How did the legend of beta Blake the fundraiser come to be? The guy leaves and every big money miami booster on earth is now showering the school with money after being uninspired for however many years with him at the helm. RIP whenever they need to make big boy sports hires

This one has been driving me nuts for years, it is an especially annoying myth. For lack of a more plausible explanation (you know, like TRUTH), I believe it arose from Beta Blake's laser-like focus on the Golden Canes and Golden Cane events. Beta Blake would put on his best clip-on tie and Baby Gap blazer and smile like there was no tomorrow. He also designed most events to be access/perq oriented for the high-rollers. Before he was locked out of the Hecht, Beta Blake created the "Athletic Director Society" to be able to more effectively Hoover the money out of the pockets of wealthy UM alums and donors.

Remember the days of CanesFest, where we got promotional posters and the players would sign all of our stuff for free? Yeah, fvck your feelings, Beta Blake decided you're going to have to pay for all that stuff now.

And the connection to "good fund raiser" got created when everyone complained, and the only people defending him were the people in the Golden Canes bubble, the Golden Canes who equated all the smiling and a$$-kissing with effective fund-raising. But where did the money come from? And where did the money go? We don't own a stadium. The basketball arena was built before Beta Blake was promoted. And as I've pointed out before, half of the money for the IPF was generated from THREE DONORS, and we STILL needed a GoFundMe to finish it off.

You even see it on this thread. We have multiple posters who tried to minimize the things that Blake did wrong and tell us that he's really a nice guy at heart. And that the evil two-headed Shalala-Frenk beast put shackles on poor Beta Blake and kept him in a cash-free dungeon.

Bullcrap. If this Boston College situation has taught us nothing, at least we have learned this: if you are an AD and you think your bosses are limiting you, fight, FIGHT, go out in a blaze of glory, because even if you go out in a poof of humliation and disgrace, YOU CAN STILL LAND A P5 AD JOB IN LESS THAN A YEAR.

There's nothing to lose from giving 110% effort when even massive failure will not prevent you from being re-employed.

Here’s what I don’t understand. How did Blake sell himself in that interview? It was very publicly evident that our athletic department was flailing around under his leadership.
He showed them his portfolio of UM NFTs and wowed the fock out of them.

Advertisement
Flake would be a good PR Director/Manager… that’s his executive leadership ceiling.

Nice guy, good with the media… but has no business running a Power 5 athletic department.

Advertisement
Back