Blake Baker Interviewed With LSU

But, sure, YOU played football, so you should know.

Good lord, it wasn't just "4th and 17", we gave up horrible 3rd and 4th down conversions all year. "4th and 17" was just the worst, and it cost us one of our SEVEN losses.

Don’t test him, he has proof....

Advertisement
Baker still called the defense
Yes he called the defense manny had to step in and tell him to call and to drop all that exotic looking bull$hit he was running against UNC and vtech. So manny stepped in and clipped his nuts 4 games in. What a great play calling DC we got here! Smh

But, sure, YOU played football, so you should know.

Good lord, it wasn't just "4th and 17", we gave up horrible 3rd and 4th down conversions all year. "4th and 17" was just the worst, and it cost us one of our SEVEN losses.
If u expected an inexperienced secondary to be as good as Redwine, JJ, and Mike Jack then that's on u.

I don't think there is any possibility of Randy Shannon coming back. He'll be a Cane until the day he dies, but I can't see him coming back after being axed 10 years ago.

I think Charlie Strong would be a very intriguing hire either as a DC or even as a COS, he can recruit Florida and he also has the HC experience to help guide Manny and help him avoid the same mistakes he made.

Advertisement
Yes he called the defense manny had to step in and tell him to call and to drop all that exotic looking bull$hit he was running against UNC and vtech. So manny stepped in and clipped his nuts 4 games in. What a great play calling DC we got here! Smh
Yea cause diaz is such a great DC. Y’all dudes got to make your minds up

Your opinion is null and void as it’s clear your just another slurper. Anyone who thinks Blake baker did a great job this season is doing nothing but bootlicking.
#1 dead last In the nation In 4th down defense
#2 near the bottom of the power 5 in 3rd down defense.
#3 manny has to basically take over the defense not even half way through his first season.
#4 4th and 17 to lose the game.
#5 just so it’s not forgotten, 4th and 17!

Wow sport, that’s a glowing review of some awesome accomplishments for baker here as DC. 🤢🤮 Thank god we didn’t lose him to LSU! Lol

#1 -- Miami was not dead last in the nation in 4th down defense
#2 -- Miami was not near the bottom of the power 5 in 3rd down defense (roughly 30 teams were worse)
#3 -- Manny never called the defense at any point this year
#4 -- There were 137 plays run in that football game. If you think 1 "lost the game", you're more clueless than I think you are, and that's pretty **** clueless

I know none of this matters to you, because you only know 1 speed: Cry, at frequently and hard as possible. But I want to make sure no one else on the board is polluted with your made up nonsense.

I don't think there is any possibility of Randy Shannon coming back. He'll be a Cane until the day he dies, but I can't see him coming back after being axed 10 years ago.

I think Charlie Strong would be a very intriguing hire either as a DC or even as a COS, he can recruit Florida and he also has the HC experience to help guide Manny and help him avoid the same mistakes he made.
Strong should have been contacted yesterday. Strong recruiter and he was a excellent dc

I’m not sure if this was reported anywhere, but was informed by someone who would know last night that Blake Baker interviewed for the defensive coordinator position at LSU. I know he’s pretty polarizing amongst our fan base in regards to his abilities, but thought people would be interested to know this. Apparently the interview went pretty well too. I was told that interviewing Baker was likely part of a negotiating dance with Bo Pelini, in regards to how much they’re willing to pay him. Earlier today I was later informed that Pelini is now expected to be the hire, but if they couldn’t reach terms with Pelini then Baker was in consideration to be their hire.

And there is probably my first and last insider info to provide to the board, thought you should know.

HEY BLAKE your looking we are looking.

Advertisement
So..about this theory on CIS..LSU wanted Baker..at least thought high enough of him to interview him..they just won a title..sooo is not a good coach? Because I’ve heard none of our sorry *** coaches would get looked at by the big boys..and I’m not even saying baker is all that but at the same time I realized what we had to replace on defense and knew there would some regression in the secondary and as far as having a big time playmaker on the inside..don’t let me start on stubberfield 🤣🤣🤣

Baker sucks. L$U was never going to hire him as an DC. Perhaps, an assistant if he ever becomes available. You really defending the guy who Diaz has to step in for because our Defense was regressing so much in September and October? Please.

I don’t really care who the defensive coordinator is. I just want the Diaz defense of 2017 and 2018. Although not on the level of the premiere programs, it is still a very good defense. That defense with a similar quality offense puts us in major bowl games and a base from which to improve.

I don’t really care who the defensive coordinator is. I just want the Diaz defense of 2017 and 2018. Although not on the level of the premiere programs, it is still a very good defense. That defense with a similar quality offense puts us in major bowl games and a base from which to improve.
The scheme is on the level of premiere programs. We just don't have the same athletes in the two deep as them.

Advertisement
Yea cause diaz is such a great DC. Y’all dudes got to make your minds up
Listen Diaz is far from great, he’s average at best! But baker is trash! And anyone who’s mind isnt made up on that fact is bootlicking.

Last edited:
The main problem with our D, is that we haven't had a compliment on O. They have had to play perfect every snap. And was pressing later in games to make a play bc our O couldn't.

Think about all the times this year we sat there late in games hoping the D can make a play to help our O.

The scheme is on the level of premiere programs. We just don't have the same athletes in the two deep as them.
The scheme Baker runs is different than what we saw from Diaz. Even Diaz early in his tenure at Miami.

Baker runs WAYY MORE garbage stunts with DLine. Baker Asks way more of his D Ends than Diaz did. For being a "protege" I saw us as more of a 3-4 multiple team this year than an attacking 4-3. I hated it.

Advertisement
2017 defense wasn’t all that good. They had 2 great games vs vt and nd and created a lot of turnovers that year but overall they were average.

The scheme Baker runs is different than what we saw from Diaz. Even Diaz early in his tenure at Miami.

Baker runs WAYY MORE garbage stunts with DLine. Baker Asks way more of his D Ends than Diaz did. For being a "protege" I saw us as more of a 3-4 multiple team this year than an attacking 4-3. I hated it.
Diaz nor baker run a 3-4 or a 4-3

So everyone says Diaz would promote Banda or Patke. Except when he was hired he did exactly the opposite. Banda and Patke were CO-DC when Diaz left, as soon as he came back he demoted them back to position coaches and brought in a DC, but this time it is different? I dont like Manny as the HC but I dont think he moves one of them to DC unless he has no options.

#1 -- Miami was not dead last in the nation in 4th down defense
#2 -- Miami was not near the bottom of the power 5 in 3rd down defense (roughly 30 teams were worse)
#3 -- Manny never called the defense at any point this year
#4 -- There were 137 plays run in that football game. If you think 1 "lost the game", you're more clueless than I think you are, and that's pretty **** clueless

I know none of this matters to you, because you only know 1 speed: Cry, at frequently and hard as possible. But I want to make sure no one else on the board is polluted with your made up nonsense.
Bull****! We finished dead last in 4th down and that’s well documented and in the 40s/50s In 3rd down. Yea manny didn’t call the plays but he sure as **** told green horn baker to stop calling the exotic BS defense that allowed 4th and 17 to happen. And actually In that game, that one play lost us the game as a stop there and we run out the clock but of course that doesn’t fit with your homer bootlicking slurping agenda that’s as clear as crystal to anyone on here. But I digress, cont your Blake Baker love fest Blake James! 👍🤢🤮

Advertisement
Back