Bishop Gorman Star Tight End Elija Lofton Commits to Miami Hurricanes

View as article
To be honest he’s underrated because of his height. If he was 6’4” or taller he would be a high 4 star borderline 5 star with his stats and production.
Probably. Now, I’m not gonna say this is the time when Elvis Dumerville got busy at DE at 5’11, but what I am saying is you get a person at least 6’0 that wants to play, has passion, is aggressive and strong? He’ll always find a way for those kind of people on the FB field and team. Plus an offense player they wants to take it to the defense? Need that.

Advertisement
To be honest he’s underrated because of his height. If he was 6’4” or taller he would be a high 4 star borderline 5 star with his stats and production.
It’s like Bain if dude had two more inches he’d be considered an all time prospect with all those sacks. I’m in the mind of just give me football players and let them loose

Happy Birthday Love GIF by Mo Willems Workshop

Advertisement
247 has him compared to Brevin Jordan. Same high school and same college. How ******* lazy can journalism be?

Not only in relation to him playing at bishop Gorman and having similar size but he’s in the mold of brevin Jordan in terms of having similar play styles. Lot of similarities
The duality of CIS

From @Geo305 recruiting space. No one really is discussing the potential ripple effects of this commitment.

West Coast Recruits

• Commitment is huge, Elija part of West Coast visitors group. Dylan Williams, Papa Afua, Brandon Baker, TA Cunninngham, Aylen Breland all going to be impacted by this commit
  • All part of a group that visited schools together
  • Miami is going to get the BULK of their elite recruits from the West Coast. Keep an eye on them

But but but South Florida over everyone….

The day and age of begging and pleading SFL children to come on board is over. Jump on or get left behind.

1686921121798.jpeg

Advertisement
While 6’2” isn’t ideal, he makes up for it in a lot of ways with his versatility. He also looks to have pretty long arms so he can play ‘taller’ in the passing game and he also does not body catch so he can high point better than to use that do.

And his attitude is invaluable.

While 6’2” isn’t ideal, he makes up for it in a lot of ways with his versatility. He also looks to have pretty long arms so he can play ‘taller’ in the passing game and he also does not body catch so he can high point better than to use that do.

And his attitude is invaluable.
6'2" worked OK for Jerry Rice. Kid isn't being brought in to be a prototypical blocking TE, he is a talented WR with a multi faceted skill set. He has played every offensive skill position but QB. Has lined up in the slot, outside, RB and is a ball hawk who is quick / fast. Bishop Gorman was ranked #6 nationally at the end of 2022 so he played against some high level competition and had 30 receptions / 756 yards and 11 TD's. UM is looking for taller WR's that can line up outside ... this kid fits what UM is looking for all day long.

Advertisement
6'2" worked OK for Jerry Rice. Kid isn't being brought in to be a prototypical blocking TE, he is a talented WR with a multi faceted skill set. He has played every offensive skill position but QB. Has lined up in the slot, outside, RB and is a ball hawk who is quick / fast. Bishop Gorman was ranked #6 nationally at the end of 2022 so he played against some high level competition and had 30 receptions / 756 yards and 11 TD's. UM is looking for taller WR's that can line up outside ... this kid fits what UM is looking for all day long.
Interesting out of all the hall of famers and foot ball players in general you went with Jerry Rice for the comparison in height.

Someone mentioned Jason Geathers as a comp and I think that is way more accurate than Brevin Jordan. I think Geathers was before his time and never found a real footing in the offense (“imaginative” was not our MO during his tenure and Devin Hester is another one we failed to use properly in that era).

I’d LOVE to see what Dawson can do with Lofton in this offense. I think he can line up at three different positions and give DC’s fits, especially in the red zone.

Advertisement

I wasn’t dogging him at all. He brings a lot to the table for the team and offense. He was made in a video game for 12 personnel.

How many carries did he get?
Junior year he had 10 carries for 102 yards and 7 TD's. Looks like he was used as a red zone threat. Two year total catching balls he had 52 receptions for 1263 yards, 24.3 yards per catch and 19 TD's. He was the MVP in a couple of their big national games. Has performed very well on the big HS stages. Great addition to UM's offensive roster. Expect to see him lighting up the Gators in The Swamp in 2024. "Williams to Lofton".

Advertisement
Back