Bishop Gorman Star Tight End Elija Lofton Commits to Miami Hurricanes

View as article
The OC almost exclusively keeps TE and RB in to block.

When a TE does run a route, he’s ignored because defenses know he isn’t getting the ball, so there’s another defender tvd has to account for, which he’s having trouble doing. Yes, on those few occasions a TE runs a route, tvd is the one not throwing him the ball… because he can’t check down to his 4th option. Cant the OC scheme around that weakness?

How many times have you seen a back leak for a shallow pass to the middle? Or a TE? Their outlet is a receiver standing around LOS on the side opposite the hot route. Why isn’t the outlet someplace easier for the QB to find?

I agree and, TBH, I'm not sure you can scheme around someone who tries to do to much in the moment.

People are posting as if what we see on Saturday is what happens all week leading up to the game and I don't believe that to be the case. According to Mario TVD is sharp during the week and practices well, but for some reason on Saturdays defenses get him out of rhythm and he's not protecting the ball.

Can they leak someone out after chipping a rusher? Sure, I'd love to see our RBs (mostly Fletcher) get the ball in rhythm and space with a 1 on 1 opportunity. As for the TE, I think they prefer to lean on their most reliable plays (run) and players (McCormick) to win each weekend.

It remains to be seen if TVD will take a check; regardless of location, shallow middle or in the flats.
We don't disagree here, but I believe the biggest adjustment needs to come from TVD mentally and how he approaches the game.

Beat NCS!

Advertisement
I agree and, TBH, I'm not sure you can scheme around someone who tries to do to much in the moment.

People are posting as if what we see on Saturday is what happens all week leading up to the game and I don't believe that to be the case. According to Mario TVD is sharp during the week and practices well, but for some reason on Saturdays defenses get him out of rhythm and he's not protecting the ball.

Can they leak someone out after chipping a rusher? Sure, I'd love to see our RBs (mostly Fletcher) get the ball in rhythm and space with a 1 on 1 opportunity. As for the TE, I think they prefer to lean on their most reliable plays (run) and players (McCormick) to win each weekend.

It remains to be seen if TVD will take a check; regardless of location, shallow middle or in the flats.
We don't disagree here, but I believe the biggest adjustment needs to come from TVD mentally and how he approaches the game.

Beat NCS!
He throws to the outlet often enough. Probably would more if he had a big body already on the side of the field his primary is on.

I’m no Xs and Os guy, so I could be wrong. just seems that they could make tvds life easier… nobody covers that TE. Thats an extra defender he has to account at least keep Ds honest.

I´d suggest not calling it Marios offense until someone comes in, with tape, and tells everyone in here what Marios offense is, what it looks like and how it differs from Dawson.

Its amazing, four weeks in it was all Dawson and everything was so great, four weeks later, its all Mario, its his offense, he is manipulating it again.

No. Just no. Plus: "Oh no, we are running condensed sets, that does not help." Like... what? You think spreading the field wide prevents defenses from running two-high shells?

The failure in this offense comes down to the execution by the QB against such coverage. This is not Marios offense. Anybody who believes this has a very narrowed perspective on football and has some reading up to do.
We win or offense plays well - Dawson offense

We lose or offense plays bad - Mario offense

Pretty simple to follow CIS logic

It’s already the best WR class we’ve had in a long time.

This whole board is missing how big of a talent Carr and Trader are.

Both of those guys will be taking snaps the minute they get on the roster.
Chance is going to be a problem. He reminds me Hankerson but catches better.

So we're still waiting to form our opinions here.

Scenario 1: Lofton didn't visit and we praise him for being fully committed. We love Lofton! TE U Baby.
Scenario 2: Lofton did visit and we throw him under the bus for lying to the coaches and will flip. We hate Lofton! Overrated player.

Advertisement
So we're still waiting to form our opinions here.

Scenario 1: Lofton didn't visit and we praise him for being fully committed. We love Lofton! TE U Baby.
Scenario 2: Lofton did visit and we throw him under the bus for lying to the coaches and will flip. We hate Lofton! Overrated player.
I believe Lofton said he was home and even tweeted a pic from his bedroom

IMG_0091.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back