Bishop Gorman Star Tight End Elija Lofton Commits to Miami Hurricanes

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
The Hurricanes have secured the commitment of one of the most versatile high school football prospects in the country, tight end Elija Lofton. The Las Vegas native announced his commitment to the University of Miami on a live stream via 247Sports, choosing the Canes over other finalists including Arizona State, Texas, Hawaii, and Washington.

Lofton, a dynamic player from Bishop Gorman High School, is the #13 ranked tight end in the nation and the #242 overall player in the country according to 247Sports. He shares an alma mater with former Miami tight end and current Houston Texans' player, Brevin Jordan.

What sets Lofton apart is his multifaceted skill set. The Canes coaches regard him as one of the best "football players" in the country. His ability to line up as a wide receiver, running back, or tight end, coupled with his potential to play as a linebacker, makes Lofton a rare talent.

Lofton showcased his scoring prowess last December in a game against Chaminade-Madonna, where he scored a staggering five touchdowns. It is this unique versatility and scoring ability that has led the Miami coaching staff to believe that Lofton could be a game-changing recruit for the Hurricanes. Given his skill set, Lofton could be a dominant force in the ACC, bringing new energy and dynamism to the Canes' offense.

Original player thread: https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/elija-lofton-4-te-from-bishop-gorman-aka-mini-brevin.183321/

Advertisement
BOOM

will ferrell frank the tank GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Alright, so I’m on record saying I’m not a fan of taking 6-2 220lb TEs.

But I just watched his film for the first time and I have to say… I ******* love that he didn’t touch the ball in his highlight tape until after the 2 minute mark. I love that ****.

It takes a different type of mentality to want to showcase two hawk-downs on turnovers before you even start to showcase your offensive skill set.

Advertisement
Interesting tidbit from the commitment interview: after Gorman lost to Mater Dei (the #2 team in the nation), Lofton was in tears on the field. This was a game he dominated and made all kinds of hustle plays, including the first play on his HL reel.

We need more elite competitors.

Advertisement
Back