Bishop Gorman Star Tight End Elija Lofton Commits to Miami Hurricanes

View as article
Advertisement
This one deserves the crazy ambiguous Mexican dance off

IMG_1075.gif

Advertisement
The Hurricanes have secured the commitment of one of the most versatile high school football prospects in the country, tight end Elija Lofton. The Las Vegas native announced his commitment to the University of Miami on a live stream via 247Sports, choosing the Canes over other finalists including Arizona State, Texas, Hawaii, and Washington.

Lofton, a dynamic player from Bishop Gorman High School, is the #13 ranked tight end in the nation and the #242 overall player in the country according to 247Sports. He shares an alma mater with former Miami tight end and current Houston Texans' player, Brevin Jordan.

What sets Lofton apart is his multifaceted skill set. The Canes coaches regard him as one of the best "football players" in the country. His ability to line up as a wide receiver, running back, or tight end, coupled with his potential to play as a linebacker, makes Lofton a rare talent.

Lofton showcased his scoring prowess last December in a game against Chaminade-Madonna, where he scored a staggering five touchdowns. It is this unique versatility and scoring ability that has led the Miami coaching staff to believe that Lofton could be a game-changing recruit for the Hurricanes. Given his skill set, Lofton could be a dominant force in the ACC, bringing new energy and dynamism to the Canes' offense.

Original player thread: https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/elija-lofton-4-te-from-bishop-gorman-aka-mini-brevin.183321/

Let’s ******* go idc about his measurables this is a football player

Advertisement
I watched the kids tape. I rarely have done so with other recruits this year, but people in here raved about the tape and the players skillset.

Unsure how others feel about him and his position, but my stance is really clear: That kid is an outside receiver. The foot speed off the line, his quickness and his toughness playing the boundary just flashed off to me. Plus, he has burners for a guy his size.

I wouldn't want him at any other position but that. People in here want strong receivers at the X, there you go. You got him.

Advertisement
Kid is a football player. He just flat out plays. You get him in and then find ways to utilize him.
This. They’re some players that are just ballers. Play above their measurements, and just have a nack for the game.
I think we got one of them and a good one.

Advertisement
Not only in relation to him playing at bishop Gorman and having similar size but he’s in the mold of brevin Jordan in terms of having similar play styles. Lot of similarities

From @Geo305 recruiting space. No one really is discussing the potential ripple effects of this commitment.

West Coast Recruits

• Commitment is huge, Elija part of West Coast visitors group. Dylan Williams, Papa Afua, Brandon Baker, TA Cunninngham, Aylen Breland all going to be impacted by this commit
  • All part of a group that visited schools together
  • Miami is going to get the BULK of their elite recruits from the West Coast. Keep an eye on them

Advertisement
Back