Billy Corben tweets...

hmmm, ok so I've got my head in da sand eh??
lets look at this logically shall we?
First off, unless they hit us for LOIC the NCAA will not likely look beyond the SOL in question so the baseball infractions would be out of the equation and ergo so would the "repeat offender"
next lets look at what the alleged violations were? Drinks, boat rides, lap dances. Players were suspended and had to repay the $$ to charity, none except Vernon were that much money.
now lets look at recent sanctions handed down
OSU - players received illegal benefits, Tressel knew and COVERED IT UP!!!!!!!!!! No self imposed bowl ban He was fired and they got... Failure to monitor, 9 schollies over 3 years and 1 year bowl ban
UNC - Academic FRAUD, payments from AGENTS to players, recruiting violations, Failure to monitor - 15 Schollies over 3 years 1 year bowl ban.
USC - Reggie bush, total friggin coverup, major payola scandal, USC told NCAA to F off, refused to cooperate - 30 schollies over 3 years

So lets recap shall we??? low end 9 schollies (3 per year) for covering up illegal ish to high end of 30 schollies (10/year on average) for major cash payout to a heisman trophy winner, inside cover up, uncooperative

Now lets look at Miami
No coverup by the admin or coaches (former or current)
Minor individual violations
100% cooperation by the admin
Self imposed bowl ban
vast majority of former players not saying a word, cant force them to talk therefore no real way to prove guilt
Magnitude of the violations as a whole are not even close to what happened at OSU, UNC or USC

Add it up and i think we get 9-12 schollies over 3 years with the bowl ban self imposed as time served or worse case one additional bowl ban

Miami is not UNC, OSU, or USC. like someone else said, you CAN'T use other schools infractions/penalties as a baseline. Depending on the school, THE NCAA can do whatever they want, it DOES NOT have to be fair or just. The NCAA has no one to judge them on the punishments they hand out, besides fans of the schools. Truthfully the fans are nobodies to the NCAA, and thEir right. Once again determining what Miami is going to get hit with is all speculation. Anywhere from 15-24 scholarship over three years and 1 to 2 bowl bans seems realistic.

who says I can't use other schools infractions as a baseline?? Are you the head of the NCAA?? no, so its all speculation but if you have been paying attention to what Emmert has said they are focused on punishing the perpetrators more than the schools i.e. giving Tressel and Pearl show cause penalties. I fully expect someone like Hurtt and Morton (hoops coach) to get hammered hard but UM the institution to be treated fairly since we have been highly cooperative and proactive in this matter. Do NOT overlook the suspensions already handed down, those are a key part of the total package and given those were relatively minor should tell you something about how the infractions are viewed. Again its a guess but I am trying to look at all the pieces and make an educated guess in a rationale manner

Advertisement
First off, unless they hit us for LOIC the NCAA will not likely look beyond the SOL in question so the baseball infractions would be out of the equation and ergo so would the "repeat offender"
next lets look at what the alleged violations were? Drinks, boat rides, lap dances. Players were suspended and had to repay the $$ to charity, none except Vernon were that much money.
OSU - players received illegal benefits, Tressel knew and COVERED IT UP!!!!!!!!!! No self imposed bowl ban He was fired and they got... Failure to monitor, 9 schollies over 3 years and 1 year bowl ban
UNC - Academic FRAUD, payments from AGENTS to players, recruiting violations, Failure to monitor - 15 Schollies over 3 years 1 year bowl ban.
USC - Reggie bush, total friggin coverup, major payola scandal, USC told NCAA to F off, refused to cooperate - 30 schollies over 3 years

So lets recap shall we??? low end 9 schollies (3 per year) for covering up illegal ish to high end of 30 schollies (10/year on average) for major cash payout to a heisman trophy winner, inside cover up, uncooperative

Now lets look at Miami
Self imposed bowl ban
vast majority of former players not saying a word, cant force them to talk therefore no real way to prove guilt
Magnitude of the violations as a whole are not even close to what happened at OSU, UNC or USC

Add it up and i think we get 9-12 schollies over 3 years with the bowl ban self imposed as time served or worse case one additional bowl ban

Didn't read.

Don't care

You're taking this thread too serious.

Im ******* around because not you, Billy Corben, or any other yahoo around here knows **** about this. Comparing other schools is also useless.

These threads continue to entertain but that's all it is.

Im ****ing around because not you, Billy Corben, or any other yahoo around here knows **** about this. Comparing other schools is also useless.

Just trying to have a logical debate, if you choose otherwise you have made your choice not to participate. Just sayin

Im ****ing around because not you, Billy Corben, or any other yahoo around here knows **** about this. Comparing other schools is also useless.

Exactly this. Lol at dudes who are literally nobodies to the University of Miami getting mad. Nothing but speculation. SMH.

Advertisement

Exactly this. Lol at dudes who are literally nobodies to the University of Miami getting mad. Nothing but speculation. SMH.

who's mad? you dudes seem to be the angry ones

Just trying to have a logical debate, if you choose otherwise you have made your choice not to participate. Just sayin

Don't get me wrong I am one of the yahoos. Just that this subject has been killed and I am as frustrated as you and everyone else here.

I wish we could apply logic to this. Regardless carry on, I was just trying to make some light of it.

Now lets look at Miami
Self imposed bowl ban

Miami is not UNC, OSU, or USC. like someone else said, you CAN'T use other schools infractions/penalties as a baseline. Depending on the school, THE NCAA can do whatever they want, it DOES NOT have to be fair or just. The NCAA has no one to judge them on the punishments they hand out, besides fans of the schools. Truthfully the fans are nobodies to the NCAA, and thEir right. Once again determining what Miami is going to get hit with is all speculation. Anywhere from 15-24 scholarship over three years and 1 to 2 bowl bans seems realistic.

who says I can't use other schools infractions as a baseline?? Are you the head of the NCAA?? no, so its all speculation but if you have been paying attention to what Emmert has said they are focused on punishing the perpetrators more than the schools i.e. giving Tressel and Pearl show cause penalties. I fully expect someone like Hurtt and Morton (hoops coach) to get hammered hard but UM the institution to be treated fairly since we have been highly cooperative and proactive in this matter. Do NOT overlook the suspensions already handed down, those are a key part of the total package and given those were relatively minor should tell you something about how the infractions are viewed. Again its a guess but I am trying to look at all the pieces and make an educated guess in a rationale manner

It is all speculation. Like I said, and what I have seen from the NCAA thus far. Whatever they decide goes, end of story. The punishment DOES NOT HAVE TO BE FAIR. For all we know they could give Show Cause penealties and still drop the hammer.

I'm curious as to how the NCAA reconciles the punishments they gave our players last year with any punishment they deem appropriate.

Advertisement
Word is it took Shannon close to 2 hours to respond to the NCAA's first question...and when he finally did respond he was caught shaking his head back and forth rapidly while muttering something about "Man under cover 2".

Advertisement
Word is it took Shannon close to 2 hours to respond to the NCAA's first question...and when he finally did respond he was caught shaking his head back and forth rapidly while muttering something about "Man under cover 2".

That's not what I heard. I heard he called in sick to the interview.

Upper extremity.

I heard he brought Whipple in as his attorney and they took a delay of game penalty and then called back to back time outs before they answered any questions.....then Whipple finally yelled out....f*** it, I'm goin deep....

Now lets look at Miami
Self imposed bowl ban

The problem is, we don't know if the NCAA knows more than what we know. You know they must have found something else with their investigation. When the NCAA is crawling up your *** they're probably going to run into some isht.

Advertisement
Haven't read through all of these posts, but I think it will help that the NCAA has publicly stated that we have set a new standard for cooperation. If they slam us what incentive will future institutions have to be as open? I'm not going to try to predict what our punishment will be, but I do hope that it comes soon so that we can move on. I also think it helps us that we have already turned the page and almost everyone who was around when the allegations occurred has moved on. Until the NCAA releases information I would recommend that Canes ignore the rumor mill.

Last edited:
Miami gets 9 scholarship reductions over three years in addition to the player suspensions already executed.

Clint Hurt is to be hanged by his neck until dead, and Stoutland is to be demoted to waterboy at Alabama.

Finally, the NCAA rules that lap dances are just so cool, that they should not be considered an illegal benefit, unless you also provide players with a handful of dollar bills to stuff in key areas of the dancers.

This can go any way. Corben wouldn't tweet that unless someone gave him info. Hoping for 3/15, worried it could be far worse.

Advertisement
Back