Billy Corben tweets...

canecountry3

Senior
...NCAA in the home stretch of its Miami investigation.

Right before the season starts. Perfect.

At least Miami won't have to consider another self imposed bowl ban this year... though I think Miami gets one regardless.

Advertisement
NCAA investigators need to wrap this up so they can move all of their resources over to PEDO State.

Advertisement
The U director Billy Corben continues via twitter: "Home stretch" could be several months and, as @John_Infante said, first news is notice of allegations, then hearing, then sanctions if any.

They just interviewed Shannon, which was on of their remaining tasks.

The sooner this is over, the better. At least then the staff can know EXACTLY what they're up against and how to combat the negative recruiting......

Advertisement
They just interviewed Shannon, which was on of their remaining tasks.

were they able to understand him?

I ain't wanna speak to y'all but I GOTZ TA DO IT.

<Shannon walks in his front door> I gotz a message on my machine answer!

<presses play> Yes, this message is for Randy Shannon, this is the NCAA calling in reference to the University of Miami investigation. Please call us back as soon as you get this message. Thank you and have a great day! 555-2121. That's 555-2121.

Randy: lulz i calls back afta snake lulz.

Advertisement
It took the NCAA almost a year to interview a guy that was the DC and HC while all these allegations were supposedly occurring? Shouldn't that be one of the first people they talk to?

Didn't we just hear a couple weeks ago that this would've be over until 2013?

Now Corben is saying before the season starts? Color me skeptical.

It took the NCAA almost a year to interview a guy that was the DC and HC while all these allegations were supposedly occurring? Shouldn't that be one of the first people they talk to?
it wasn't like he was going to be busy with a job. they could just interview him at any time

Advertisement
This most likely means that we will receive a NOA (Notice of Allegations) by the start of the season. This essentially means the investigation is over but we will then be given the opportunity to respond before the punishment is handed down.

We still have a ways to go before our punishment is delivered.

Last edited:
Why do some think we get two years of bowl bans instead of one? No one else has gotten two years.

We definitely get a 3 year bowl ban. Including last year, that should get us to the new bowl playoff year free and clear.

This year is a wash rebuild and next year i hope we begin to rise. So much is riding on the class of 2012.

Advertisement
Back