Billy Corben tweets...

WTF is Billy Corbin? Isn't that the dad from Boondock Saints?

IMO, besides the fact that we're Miami and people hate us, there is really no other logical reason for them to hammer us. It's just scary because every Miami fan knows that nobody is going to cry for us if we are done wrong. But if you add up all the facts, we should get less than OSU and UNC. But I will be content if we get what OSU got.

Advertisement

IMO, besides the fact that we're Miami and people hate us, there is really no other logical reason for them to hammer us. It's just scary because every Miami fan knows that nobody is going to cry for us if we are done wrong. But if you add up all the facts, we should get less than OSU and UNC. But I will be content if we get what OSU got.

70 plus players and coaches possibly involved in multiple programs. Take off the blinders. We gonna get hit.

Quit cryin and suck i up.

We skate.

SkatingFallGif.jpg

70 plus players and coaches possibly involved in multiple programs. Take off the blinders. We gonna get hit.

Quit cryin and suck i up.

Templeton's Yahoo! story is not evidence.

Advertisement
People seem to forget that all the current players admitted their guilt. Our penalty is not going to be a slap on the wrist. It's going to come down to compliance and the coaches how bad it is.

People seem to forget that all the current players admitted their guilt. Our penalty is not going to be a slap on the wrist. It's going to come down to compliance and the coaches how bad it is.

Wasn't the total amount in benefits less than 10k for all players involved. Other programs received a slap on the wrist for a lot more. OSU had a booster paying players for no show jobs, and they didn't get hammered.

the benefits they admitted to were very minor. if thats all they got, we should be fine

Advertisement

the benefits they admitted to were very minor. if thats all they got, we should be fine

And the many other "stories" have never been corroborated.

All this from a man who used other people’s money to live a fantasy life built on false promises to unsuspecting victims. He promised returns of 10 percent to 26 percent in a company that he said had tens of millions of dollars in annual sales, when in truth, it had virtually no active wholesale grocery business.

Stories from a con man. A bitter convicted felon, serving a 20-year sentence. Mad because he thought football players should have come to his aide

Advertisement
What has concerned me from day 1 is the connection to Hurtt. It certainly does not look good that our recruiting coordinator was taking money from Shapiro.

What has concerned me from day 1 is the connection to Hurtt. It certainly does not look good that our recruiting coordinator was taking money from Shapiro.

he's still employed to my knowledge, so that is probably a good thing. if there was dirt known as of now dude would prob be unemployed

If they announce anything before recruiting season, I'd say we are getting slammed.

If they got nothing, they will drag it out.

Advertisement
15-18 ships over 3 years
5 year probation
1 year bowl band
Pretty severe but falls between USC and OSU. Most people forget that USC was hammered by the NCAA because they blocked the NCAA during their investigation. The NCAA came out and said the failure of USC to cooporate on any level led to the severe punishments. Miami has done the complete opposite.
Were I believe you will see the NCAA come down hard is on the coaches involved, until the people who engage in these activities are punished nothing will change. Look for Clint Hurtt and a few others to be banned from coaching for a year or two.

I just want it to happen sooner rather than later so we can move on from this ****. Seems like the NCAA is going to have it's hands full figuring out what they're going to do with Penn St. so maybe they speed up our decision.

he's still employed to my knowledge, so that is probably a good thing. if there was dirt known as of now dude would prob be unemployed

I recall reading a story on the salaries and bonuses paid to Alabama coaches a while back, and the only coach to not get a bonus was Stoutland - I have to assume it was because of the NCAA/Allegations/Shapiro connections, and they felt he may have some NCAA liability in the near future.

A real good excuse to divvy up his bonus among the other coaches . . .

Advertisement
Back