Bill Belichick

Advertisement
IMO he should transition to an NFL front office as a GM. Kind of unprecedented but he’s been a GM for the past two decades so not like he’d be in uncharted waters
there's a stat that something like since 2013 the patriots haven't given any their draft picks a 2nd contract... i don't think he's drafted too well when he was GM/coach....

someone can clean up the stat if they want but that was the gist of it.

Belichick should have retired when Brady left New England. Then we would have never known how much of New England’s success was because of Brady not the mumbler.

Makes you think about other "famous" coaches across sports, was it them or the players? Think Phil Jackson, he won many titles, but who wouldnt with MJ, Scottie, Shaq, Kobe, etc.

Belichick is an overrated cheater. He was 83-101 without Brady. That's a 184-game sample size without the GOAT. He sucked.

Cleveland was a top franchise when Belichick got there. Made the playoffs five out of the six years prior to his arrival. He made them a loser.

He went to New England and inherited a Pro Bowl QB in Drew Bledsoe. Went 5-11 with him. And he was 0-2 before Brady took over and started the dynasty.

Don't tell me Belichick built a championship organization. The second Brady left, New England became a losing organization and Tampa Bay, which hadn't made the playoffs in 12 years, became a champion.

People say he made Brady. How? He's not a QB coach like Bill Walsh or Andy Reid. Every QB he touches gets worse. The fans point to Matt Cassell and Jimmy G. Matt Cassell made the playoffs when he left Belichick for Andy Reid. He couldn't do that in New England. Jimmy G made a Super Bowl. Bledsoe made a Pro Bowl after leaving Foxboro.

On the other hand, Belichick's assistants failed everywhere they went. There was no Patriot Way. There was Brady.

And this doesn't even get into the systemic cheating. Belichick is an overrated fraud and a swindler. As a Dolphins fan, I'm just sad he's moving on and Tua doesn't have two automatic wins on the schedule anymore.

Advertisement
Belichick is an overrated cheater. He was 83-101 without Brady. That's a 184-game sample size without the GOAT. He sucked.

Cleveland was a top franchise when Belichick got there. Made the playoffs five out of the six years prior to his arrival. He made them a loser.

He went to New England and inherited a Pro Bowl QB in Drew Bledsoe. Went 5-11 with him. And he was 0-2 before Brady took over and started the dynasty.

Don't tell me Belichick built a championship organization. The second Brady left, New England became a losing organization and Tampa Bay, which hadn't made the playoffs in 12 years, became a champion.

People say he made Brady. How? He's not a QB coach like Bill Walsh or Andy Reid. Every QB he touches gets worse. The fans point to Matt Cassell and Jimmy G. Matt Cassell made the playoffs when he left Belichick for Andy Reid. He couldn't do that in New England. Jimmy G made a Super Bowl. Bledsoe made a Pro Bowl after leaving Foxboro.

On the other hand, Belichick's assistants failed everywhere they went. There was no Patriot Way. There was Brady.

And this doesn't even get into the systemic cheating. Belichick is an overrated fraud and a swindler. As a Dolphins fan, I'm just sad he's moving on and Tua doesn't have two automatic wins on the schedule anymore.
Sexy Cbs GIF by Paramount+

Saban often credits Belichick with teaching him and being a model for how to build an organization.

When Brady left you could easily argue he was too old and over the hill already.

Bottom line is he won. In life there are plenty of folks who fail upward. Guys who aren't really great but stumble into great things. What's the difference in being the real deal but never being great and being **** but lucking into greatness?

SmartSelect_20240111_121529_Video Player.gif

I never understood with Bill how he simply couldnt draft a WR or evaluate WRs

Randy Moss wasnt him of course and Edelman, Welker, Amendola all played the role Brady preferred

Seemed to act with drafting WRs like it was forbidden

Last edited:
Advertisement
Seeing how the Patriots and Meeechigan have been involved in huge cheating scandals, ole Jimmy boy would be a perfect match for the Pats HC gig. Birds of a feather!!
I laughed but actually that’s not a terrible idea. Just don’t know if Harbaugh would want to deal with the AFC East competition. Would think that if he leaves Michigan, it would be for the Chargers - least then he’ll only have to deal with Mahomes 2x a year.

Its like the Three Magi of Coaching of this generation all retired on the same day...its wild.

Nick Saban is the best coach of his generation in college football.
Bill Belichick is the best coach of his generation in pro football.
Pete Carroll is the best of both college and pro as he's one of only three coaches to ever win a Super Bowl and National Title in their career...one of the others is our GOAT, Jimmy Johnson (and that cuck Barry Switzer who did it with Jimmy's dawgs in Dallas, so really, its just Pete and Jimmy).

They are the defining coaches of the era.

All gone on the same day.

Truly an incredible day in the sport.

Advertisement
This speaks well of him that he's getting this much hate. 6 rings and people are trying for every possible excuse to say coaching doesn't matter. Probably all Mario bros

Bellichick, Saban & Carroll all out in basically 24 hours.

It’s weird to wake up and realize you’re officially old.
Yeah next thing someone will tell me Vince McMahon doesn't own WWE anymore...ah ****, never mind.

Advertisement
Saban often credits Belichick with teaching him and being a model for how to build an organization.

When Brady left you could easily argue he was too old and over the hill already.

Bottom line is he won. In life there are plenty of folks who fail upward. Guys who aren't really great but stumble into great things. What's the difference in being the real deal but never being great and being **** but lucking into greatness?

View attachment 278058
Larry Coker?

Sure Jan GIF

Advertisement
Back