Bill Belichick

Larry Coker?
I no longer see that as such a horrible thing. The decline was terrible and will always draw the eye of hate. His record was something like 58-14 or thereabouts. He owned Florida and Florida State.

Randy Shannon and all the other fans were talking about how bad the program was left (same narrative as Mario and really every head coach we've hired since). With that horrible depleted roster Coker was still doing what Mario couldn't.

But Bill Belichick won six championships and played for a few more. Dang I would take that in a heartbeat. If the worst coach in America can get me that then get me that worst coach.

Advertisement
Thoughts on Belicheck here as DC? Would that be good enough for you guys? Maybe he can help Zo out and litter our roster with some of those white boys that can play all while living in paradise.

/Just me doing my best average CIS impersonation.

On behalf of Phins fans everywhere:

basketball wives goodbye GIF by VH1
Steelers fans concur.

Advertisement
That defense didn't help Pro Bowl QB Drew Bledsoe. They went 5-13.

As for the two Super Bowls, Brady led a game-winning drive in the first one and threw for 354 yards and 3 TDs in the second one.

You mean the one when their D bottled up the greatest show on turf? Brady did light it up
for 145 yards and 1 td

You mean the one when their D bottled up the greatest show on turf? Brady did light it up
for 145 yards and 1 td
He is a great defensive coach.

As a head coach, he was a loser before Brady, and he was a loser after Brady. He's had 11 years to prove he can win without Brady, and has failed spectacularly.

The Pats were 5-13 in Belichick's first 18 games as head coach. Same defensive mind. Then they suddenly started winning.

Only one thing changed in Game 19. And only one thing changed when the winning organization became a loser overnight in 2020. The reason they won Super Bowls is retired in Miami Beach.

Advertisement
Thoughts on Belicheck here as DC? Would that be good enough for you guys? Maybe he can help Zo out and litter our roster with some of those white boys that can play all while living in paradise.

/Just me doing my best average CIS impersonation.
Would be summed up like this, the 5-star accumulates to nothing and the 2-star walk-on exposes himself as a baller and gets 10 picks a year.

As a head coach, he was a loser before Brady, and he was a loser after Brady. He's had 11 years to prove he can win without Brady, and has failed spectacularly.

The Pats were 5-13 in Belichick's first 18 game as head coach. Same defensive mind. Then they suddenly started winning. Only one thing changed in Game 19. And only one thing changed when the winning organization became a loser overnight in 2020. The reason they won Super Bowls is retired in Miami Beach.
I can very easily argue that at least two Super Bowls were won because of the defense, ironically, both were against the Rams. The other two that would come to mind are the Eagles and the Seahawks.

Outside of that, unless you have a big time QB, you don't win much anymore. Bill Walsh is considered this great insane genius, before Montana, he was known as a bipolar depressant who wanted to quit all the time. Parcells got flamed in his first year and almost fired with the Giants and Joe Gibbs had lost the Washington owner halfway through the first season.

Winning the Super Bowl takes a lot of stuff, takes great players, takes some really good luck and some really good coaching. To say Belichick plays no role in these wins is just not accurate. It's never one guy, especially not in New England.

I can very easily argue that at least two Super Bowls were won because of the defense, ironically, both were against the Rams. The other two that would come to mind are the Eagles and the Seahawks.
If Belichick can win Super Bowls with defense, why is he incapable of winning regular season games with defense (without Brady)?

He's not even mediocre without Brady. He's awful. Wannstedt had a much better record.

I dont think you fall a** backwards into winning 6 SBs and playing in 9

Maybe he is a bit overrated and his player evaluations are suspect but a dude in the business world who becomes a multi millionaire coming from nothing surely must have done something right even if a bit lucky

Now Woody Johnson....hes a loser

Advertisement

As a head coach, he was a loser before Brady, and he was a loser after Brady. He has had 11 years to prove he can win without Brady, and has failed spectacularly.

The Pats were 5-13 in Belichick's first 18 game as head coach. Then they started winning. Only one thing changed in Game 19. And only one thing changed when the winning organization became a loser overnight in 2020.
Three of the best defensive performances you’ll see in a Sb is the 1991 Giants which BB’s game plan is in the HOF. They were big underdogs. The 2002 SB with the greatest show on turf who was unstoppable and once again a big favorite . Lastly the 2019 SB where they shutdown the Rams vaunted O 13-3. Where BB baffled the whizz kid Mcvay.

Listen I get there’s Dolphins fans here who are obviously biased but I refuse to take anything away from BB. He drafted Brady , he kept him as a third qb rather than putting him on the practice squad which is beyond crazy. But he knew he’d get poached if he didn’t do that. At that time Brady was a nothing. So once again he was ahead of the curve. All great coaches need great players and need luck so why does it change with BB? Does that change Phil Jackson? Joe Torre?Popovich? Coach K? Adolph Rupp? Nick Saban? Pat Riley? Bill Walsh?

Yes Brady stirred the drink and was more important. He allowed them the ability to use cap on players because he was all about winning chips and not money. The money would come with greatness. He was also the one consistent with BB.

I just don’t get the obsession nowadays with disrespecting greats from their era and picking holes in their greatness. ALL GREAT COACHES HAD GREAT PLAYERS. But Brady himsellf said BB had a huge hand in where his career went and he doubts he’d be there without him. Belichilk would say the same thing.

If Belichick can win Super Bowls with defense, why is he incapable of winning regular season games with defense (without Brady)?

He's not even mediocre without Brady. He's awful. Wannstedt had a much better record.
We can contextualize here and it would reveal that Belichick spent years rebuilding a Browns roster that was absolutely terrible, which is where the record came from. The Browns were a playoff contender and even considered to be a Super Bowl team before Art Modell moved the team to Baltimore.

And for the first part: Belichick is a **** GM. And the NFL can thank him for that. He can't evaluate offensive personnel to support his team. And even then, some of the signings and draft selections he made contributed greatly to the team. Brady is just Brady. The gap between Brady and the next QB and Belichick and the next HC differentiate by a lot.

Both guys are extremely appreciative over one another and I think that's where things should be. Neither of them would have enjoyed the success they had if it weren't for the other guy.

Bellichick, Saban & Carroll all out in basically 24 hours.

It’s weird to wake up and realize you’re officially old.

amazing how Saban and Bellichick (Bellicheat) are the two of the most dishonest coaches in the history of their respective leagues, yet always talked about when the GOAT conversations get started at the bar.

Advertisement
Three of the best defensive performances you’ll see in a Sb is the 1991 Giants which BB’s game plan is in the HOF. They were big underdogs. The 2002 SB with the greatest show on turf who was unstoppable and once again a big favorite . Lastly the 2019 SB where they shutdown the Rams vaunted O 13-3. Where BB baffled the whizz kid Mcvay.

Listen I get there’s Dolphins fans here who are obviously biased but I refuse to take anything away from BB. He drafted Brady , he kept him as a third qb rather than putting him on the practice squad which is beyond crazy. But he knew he’d get poached if he didn’t do that. At that time Brady was a nothing. So once again he was ahead of the curve. All great coaches need great players and need luck so why does it change with BB? Does that change Phil Jackson? Joe Torre?Popovich? Coach K? Adolph Rupp? Nick Saban? Pat Riley? Bill Walsh?

Yes Brady stirred the drink and was more important. He allowed them the ability to use cap on players because he was all about winning chips and not money. The money would come with greatness. He was also the one consistent with BB.

I just don’t get the obsession nowadays with disrespecting greats from their era and picking holes in their greatness. ALL GREAT COACHES HAD GREAT PLAYERS. But Brady himsellf said BB had a huge hand in where his career went and he doubts he’d be there without him. Belichilk would say the same thing.

Putting aside the issue of Bellicheat being surpassed in scumbaggery only by Saban, there's a bunch of truth in these words.

Don Shula, in spite of his GOATness, ... or maybe because of it ... definitely recognized that you can't be a great coach without great players, and you need to combine that with some good fortune.

When a reporter once mentioned to him, how it was amazing he was able to go to Super Bowls with three different QB's, (Unitas, Griese, and Marino), and how lucky he was, Shula said: "Coaching football involves luck, and not having a great QB, ... is bad luck!"

The Belichick Way vs Bardy Way can finally be put to rest. If Belichick didn't have the GOAT at QB, we wouldn't have won even 1 SB

IMO he should transition to an NFL front office as a GM. Kind of unprecedented but he’s been a GM for the past two decades so not like he’d be in uncharted waters

And he sucked as a GM lately. I’m a Pats fan; he’s drafted so bad in the last 10 years, he’s part of the reason we have no talent on offense. He’s been a terrible GM and it’s part of the reason he’s getting fired too

Dang you are just rabid for Belichick. "Without Brady."

Didn't he draft Brady? Talent acquisition

Didn't he coach Brady? Winning 6 Superbowls and playing for more?

How do you know he wasn't already over the hill by the time Brady left? Brady looked over the hill just before he left. People get old you know.

Advertisement
Back