Biggest Surprise of the Season - How Bad Enos Is

Advertisement
They were pathetic too for sure, I’m dismayed with how often we had guys running wide open and with the lack of pressure. What are we going to do when we face FSU? Smh

The defense is legitimately hard to watch. I can't imagine what these kids and people who know better than me think about what we're seeing...

That ball to kJ was also one v one..should’ve been caught.

Oh I agree, Jarren wasn’t right or wrong to throw it. My point is that on that run play, we finally had a giant hole for the RB to run through, and it wasn’t bc we demolished them upfront, it was pure scheme and numbers.

If course the OL can be schemed around. It’s obvious when we move the ball. When we go gun, our OL pass block better, and our run game has better rushing lanes. On Jarren’s incomplete pass in the RZ to KJ, if hands the ball off to Deejay it’s a TD!! Not bc we mailed anyone up front, but bc we had #’s and the defense was spread out.

Yep.
How about Enos try to create spacing and use our athletes to exploit the spacing decisions the defense makes?
That wouldn’t be a bad way to try to get around the OL.
Seems like lining up in a jumbo package and trying to go man on man with slow developing plays is the dumbest solution you can come up with.

Advertisement
Oh I agree, Jarren wasn’t right or wrong to throw it. My point is that on that run play, we finally had a giant hole for the RB to run through, and it wasn’t bc we demolished them upfront, it was pure scheme and numbers.
Yeah that was a RPO if I’m not mistaken..well this bye week the oline should be shuffled around..I didn’t like the first shuffle, moving another true freshman in. And it looks like we loss scaife for a unforeseen amount of time..but I’d rather start someone else at LT At this stage

The BOT is the root of all Canes problems. Everything else is a result of the BOT's incompetence.

That's such an easy criticism, but we don't need the entire BOT to get upset about football. Some should care, but from an administrative level it's the AD who should understand what is or isn't an acceptable level of performance to hold coaches accountable. IMHO

Last edited:
Dline regressing big time is my biggest concern

We have serious talent there and it doesn’t show

Our second unit DL is a million times better than our starters.

Give me Hill, Miller, Chigozie, and Rosseou as starters now now now!

Advertisement
Yeah that was a RPO if I’m not mistaken..well this bye week the oline should be shuffled around..I didn’t like the first shuffle, moving another true freshman in. And it looks like we loss scaife for a unforeseen amount of time..but I’d rather start someone else at LT At this stage

I do find it hard to believe that he’s the best we have. We’ve had true freshman play before, but it was obvious they were legit. Recently it’s been Orlando Franklin, Jason Fox, even Erik Flowers. Those guys were just built different and could get it done. Not sure on Zion.

[QUOTE="dwreck27, post: 4206153, member:

Our players don’t use their hands well. No leverage, no bend, no moves. We either run too wide (Garvin) or run directly at the OL (Patchan). Rousseau has skills just needs a bit more size and strength. I am confused as to what Hill is bringing to the table. He is a combo on Garvin & Patchan. He has a spin move but it’s predictable.

The offensive line cannot be fixed by coaching. Only recruiting solves the offense. Some just don't want to accept it.

Advertisement
Yep.
How about Enos try to create spacing and use our athletes to exploit the spacing decisions the defense makes?
That wouldn’t be a bad way to try to get around the OL.
Seems like lining up in a jumbo package and trying to go man on man with slow developing plays is the dumbest solution you can come up with.

Exactly. And I don’t mean this in a bad way, but it’s the difference between truly intelligent football coaches and just guys who probably couldn’t do anything else but football. Intelligent people in general are able to reflect and adapt for the better.

I do find it hard to believe that he’s the best we have. We’ve had true freshman play before, but it was obvious they were legit. Recently it’s been Orlando Franklin, Jason Fox, even Erik Flowers. Those guys were just built different and could get it done. Not sure on Zion.
He’s just physically and mentally not ready for this level. I like him as athlete. But he needs time to get there strength wise

He's not as bad as Richt....but he's just a brand of garbage that smells slightly better. If Manny doesn't replace him this offseason he's going to dig his own grave.

MY KINGDOM FOR A SHALLOW CROSS

Advertisement
The offensive line cannot be fixed by coaching. Only recruiting solves the offense. Some just don't want to accept it.

Zion, Campbell, and the other true freshman have potential. I’m not a fan of Barry. Haven’t seen anything to think he’s an improvement over Searles.

That's such an easy criticism, but we don't need the entire BOT to get upset about football. Some should care, but from an administrative level it's the AD who should understand what is or isn't an acceptable level of performance and hold the coach accountable. IMHO

It's easy and it's true. The incompetence of the BOT has been the problem for 15 years, at least. It's the BOT that hired a string of incompetent ADs and head corches. This is not news. If the BOT was interested in rebuilding a championship team it wouldn't have hired the crap that they did.

Advertisement
Back