Biggest Surprise of the Season - How Bad Enos Is

Meast21

Redshirt Freshman
Going into the year we knew the D lost talent (Redwine, Joe Jackson, Jaquan, MJ) and Baker was a cheap lazy hire.

But but but Enos was the "BIG" hire by Manny. Richt's fatal flaw was the offense, we all know this. So Manny and Blake went out and spent big money on a "Big Name OC" Enos who we "stole" from Saban and UGA. The idea was simple - Diaz's D plus big name OC Enos would lead this time to 10+ wins. Sounds reasonable. And Enos only came here to run the O 100% for 1-2 years then become an HC at a P5 program (LOL at that now)

This was supposed to be a tune-up revenge game for Enos. We all knew he wanted revenge against CMU, he basically said it in his presser last week.

Instead we get this. 17 points and Hedley/D to get a stop at the end to win. Total Garbage

Offense is slow, predictable, doesn't hide/scheme around our weaknesses (OL), no trick plays or creativity (uh Tate?), and the timing of plays just doesn't make sense. Backed up against the endzone? Time for a slow *** PA pass. 1st and 1? Run up the middle.

Maybe he'll turn it around and I'll happily eat crow but so far he is a big disappointment.

Advertisement
He is a stubborn ******* prick who gives two ***** about his own teams strengths/weaknesses, basically the anti-Norv Turner. I'm done with him, next.
Funny, Turner is getting shredded on the Panthers boards for being awful.

Advertisement
Going into the year we knew the D lost talent (Redwine, Joe Jackson, Jaquan, MJ) and Baker was a cheap lazy hire.

But but but Enos was the "BIG" hire by Manny. Richt's fatal flaw was the offense, we all know this. So Manny and Blake went out and spent big money on a "Big Name OC" Enos who we "stole" from Saban and UGA. The idea was simple - Diaz's D plus big name OC Enos would lead this time to 10+ wins. Sounds reasonable. And Enos only came here to run the O 100% for 1-2 years then become an HC at a P5 program (LOL at that now)

This was supposed to be a tune-up revenge game for Enos. We all knew he wanted revenge against CMU, he basically said it in his presser last week.

Instead we get this. 17 points and Hedley/D to get a stop at the end to win. Total Garbage

Offense is slow, predictable, doesn't hide/scheme around our weaknesses (OL), no trick plays or creativity (uh Tate?), and the timing of plays just doesn't make sense. Backed up against the endzone? Time for a slow *** PA pass. 1st and 1? Run up the middle.

Maybe he'll turn it around and I'll happily eat crow but so far he is a big disappointment.
He's shown flashes of being a great OC - some of the play calls / drives have been beautiful. He's also continued with play calls that obviously won't work with this current Oline - he's banging his head against a brick wall at times.

I don't think he's helped by Williams either (can't throw deep, holds onto the ball too long), but that's the QB he picked so I can't give him a pass there.

Lmao Yoo honestly..do y’all see our offensive line??..do y’all see this ****..IDGAF WHO CALLING PLAYS! With WTF we have up front it doesn’t ******* matter. The guys can’t execute up front. It’s that simple. Enos is doing a lot of the **** y’all asked for..our QB almost got killed vs ******* Central Michigan..priority one for this staff is to get that **** fixed..idk how this season gonna play out..but Sean mcvay or that **** at OU could be the OC rn and you see the same ****

Advertisement
He is a stubborn ******* prick who gives two ***** about his own teams strengths/weaknesses, basically the anti-Norv Turner. I'm done with him, next.

This. I was initially a fan, because I like what he does pre-snap. When he opens it up and let’s Jarren throw, we consistently move the ball. But, he constantly reverts to his safety blanket of 21 and 12 personnel under center, and it constantly throws us out of a rhythm bc we can’t move the ball. At some point you have to adapt to your strengths, and I’m not convinced he can/will.

Lmao Yoo honestly..do y’all see our offensive line??..do y’all see this ****..IDGAF WHO CALLING PLAYS! With WTF we have up front it doesn’t ******* matter. The guys can’t execute up front. It’s that simple. Enos is doing a lot of the **** y’all asked for..our QB almost got killed vs ******* Central Michigan..priority one for this staff is to get that **** fixed..idk how this season gonna play out..but Sean mcvay or that **** at OU could be the OC rn and you see the same ****

So how do you defend him calling play action plays when everyone knows our O-line can't last 3 seconds? Or him putting a true freshman TE as a FB in the i formation?

The O-line sucks, but you can't give him a pass either. Some of the **** he does is stupid.

Advertisement
penos.jpeg

Advertisement
So how do you defend him calling play action plays when everyone knows our O-line can't last 3 seconds? Or him putting a true freshman TE as a FB in the i formation?

The O-line sucks, but you can't give him a pass either. Some of the **** he does is stupid.
The PA is the staple of his offence - you can't be surprised to see him call that.

That said, I hope he abandons it for ACC play as it's not working.

Stubborn would be a good way to describe him so far.

We had alot of success with the RPO where Brevin runs up the seem. Jarren looks comfortable with the read too and gets the ball out quick. Wish we saw alot more of it. Especially since it would of kept their D honest instead of selling out for the run like they did.

Not ready to give up on Enos yet. There will be growing pains for a 1st year OC learning his team. Our D on the other hand...

There are weaknesses in the offensive personnel for sure.
But that's true of every team. What you do is scheme around it. Did anybody just see what USCw did with their 3rd string QB against a legit defense? Why is their offense so much better this season even playing these younger QBs? Because they run an offense that puts the personnel, whatever its weaknesses are, in the best position to overcome those weaknesses.

Enos does not do that. His scheme does nothing but bring focus on our weaknesses.

You call the PAs to at least slow the pass rush down bro..make the Defenders pause.
Just the other day ppl loved the move of 81 to FB now it’s a problem??(which ofc it isn’t).

It’s not about Defending him. It’s about understanding Football. NO OFFENSE WORKS WITH A OLINE PLAYING LIKE THIS. None bro. It was the same **** last year..but y’all all thought motions and jet sweeps would solve ****..it doesn’t.

Until we get the oline fixed we will have inconsistent production

Advertisement
Back