Biggest Surprise of the Season - How Bad Enos Is

Tbh..that’s why I was team Tate from the get..that would be the best option at this point. But with that said you can’t this oline..our freshman are not ready for this level of ball
Best thing we can do and if I was manny..say **** it and go as veteran as possible..the young guys aren’t missing assignments but getting abused at the POA too quick

Advertisement
No, this oline can’t be schemed around..not when you getting beat off the snap multiple times against a 4 man rush so quick that the de not even making pass rush moves

You are trying really hard to convince everybody the OL sucks. But everybody agrees with that.
Do you think the best solution to our bad OL is what Enos is trying to do?
Surely you agree that the OC has to try *something*? We can't take 3 knees and punt. We have to try to run an offense.
You think the offense he is running is what best maximizes our chances of scoring? Slow developing plays from under center?

Enos isnt as good as y'all made him out to be when hired he isn't as bad as y'all making him out to be now. Oline is the root of all the offensive problems over the years.
Oline is absolutely the root of the problem offensively but he’s got to cut out the bad plays we don’t do well in and quit relying so much on it. I feel like he’s not as bad as a playcaller he makes himself look at times with this excessive i-formation and play action bs though. Hope he improves But I’m floored with how bad we were today on all levels

Last edited:
I think the team is bad overall it isn’t just Enos’ play calling. That might have been the worst game I have ever seen live and I have seen my share of real dumpsters over the years.
Brutal in person, people were sleeping in the stands man!

Advertisement
This. I know you dont want to destroy Jarren's confidence and 1 or 2 drives the OL gave him no chance but woulda been nice to see if Kosi or Tate could have sparked the offense for 2-3 series
I hate when people say that destroys a QBs confidence. That's a bunch of weak minded bullsh!t. If you dont play good, you get benched. If you want your job back, play better.

Going into the year we knew the D lost talent (Redwine, Joe Jackson, Jaquan, MJ) and Baker was a cheap lazy hire.

But but but Enos was the "BIG" hire by Manny. Richt's fatal flaw was the offense, we all know this. So Manny and Blake went out and spent big money on a "Big Name OC" Enos who we "stole" from Saban and UGA. The idea was simple - Diaz's D plus big name OC Enos would lead this time to 10+ wins. Sounds reasonable. And Enos only came here to run the O 100% for 1-2 years then become an HC at a P5 program (LOL at that now)

This was supposed to be a tune-up revenge game for Enos. We all knew he wanted revenge against CMU, he basically said it in his presser last week.

Instead we get this. 17 points and Hedley/D to get a stop at the end to win. Total Garbage

Offense is slow, predictable, doesn't hide/scheme around our weaknesses (OL), no trick plays or creativity (uh Tate?), and the timing of plays just doesn't make sense. Backed up against the endzone? Time for a slow *** PA pass. 1st and 1? Run up the middle.

Maybe he'll turn it around and I'll happily eat crow but so far he is a big disappointment.
Enuts simply has no creativity. He is limited to "my way or no way"

Shotgun max protect or TE's chipping both DE's or playaction rollout or Tate. Options aren't all great but it absolutely can be done
And our fans gonna be complaining about that ..remember when MR was doing that and fans wanted motion, multiple sets, jet sweeps and shifts?

Advertisement
And our fans gonna be complaining about that ..remember when MR was doing that and fans wanted motion, multiple sets, jet sweeps and shifts?

Our fans never complained about Miami being in the shotgun under Richt.
The complaint was Richt didn't understand how to run a modern offense. He was too outdated. And so he was a dinosaur doing his best impression of a modern offense.
Enos doesn't even try to be modern.

Nah, it's how bad the defense is--without a doubt. Enos is the least of our problems. The defense was on the field all day and i'm sure nobody anticipated the degree of regression we'd see on that side of the ball. Simply disgraceful.
They were pathetic too for sure, I’m dismayed with how often we had guys running wide open and with the lack of pressure. What are we going to do when we face FSU? Smh

What Manny does after the season determines if he's the guy, or if he's Al Golden 2.0. When we hired Enos I always believed we just simply paid more than Bama/Georgia were willing to, which says more about his ability than our willingness to spend IMO.

Advertisement
Our fans never complained about Miami being in the shotgun under Richt.
The complaint was Richt didn't understand how to run a modern offense. He was too outdated. And so he was a dinosaur doing his best impression of a modern offense.
Enos doesn't even try to be modern.
So is Enos offense too sophisticated? Cause I see the same issues upfront. MR would religiously run max protect sets..the problem with that is it limits what you can scheme down field..so then it’s easier to matchup for a DB

So is Enos offense too sophisticated? Cause I see the same issues upfront. MR would religiously run max protect sets..the problem with that is it limits what you can scheme down field..so then it’s easier to matchup for a DB

I think a major flaw in Enos' offense is that it is too "sophisticated." It's similar to Diaz's defense. Manny tried to do way too much and make things far more complicated than they need to be at times. Fortunately we had the talent to overcome that. And there were a lot of good things that Diaz hit on with his defensive philosophy that outweighed how "cute" Diaz got at times with his scheme.
Enos doesn't have any of that. It's just the bad, with none of the good.

I think a major flaw in Enos' offense is that it is too "sophisticated." It's similar to Diaz's defense. Manny tried to do way too much and make things far more complicated than they need to be at times. Fortunately we had the talent to overcome that. And there were a lot of good things that Diaz hit on with his defensive philosophy that outweighed how "cute" Diaz got at times with his scheme.
Enos doesn't have any of that. It's just the bad, with none of the good.
For Diaz, the pass rush from the interior is not getting home..for the offense..this offense is complex..but what we’re running rn is not..there’s so much more we can do with the offense..but we have a fresh QB and a sorry *** oline so it don’t matter

Advertisement
Lmao a sunshine pumper..this oline can’t be schemed around man..it can’t. If you can’t hold up against Central Michigan that should be telling..but I’m curious if you have some X and Os solutions that make sense Pm or respond here with them

If course the OL can be schemed around. It’s obvious when we move the ball. When we go gun, our OL pass block better, and our run game has better rushing lanes. On Jarren’s incomplete pass in the RZ to KJ, if hands the ball off to Deejay it’s a TD!! Not bc we mailed anyone up front, but bc we had #’s and the defense was spread out.

If course the OL can be schemed around. It’s obvious when we move the ball. When we go gun, our OL pass block better, and our run game has better rushing lanes. On Jarren’s incomplete pass in the RZ to KJ, if hands the ball off to Deejay it’s a TD!! Not bc we mailed anyone up front, but bc we had #’s and the defense was spread out.
That ball to kJ was also one v one..should’ve been caught.

It seemed like today he wanted to prove that we could big boy Central Michigan. Look at that first possession where we get to the goal line. He was determined that we were going to score by our O-line moving their D-Line and he ran 4 straight runs to try and get in. It turned out to be a microcosm of the game: Consistent struggle to run the ball and our O-line getting whipped all night.

Advertisement
Back