Biggest Recruiting Misses?

Advertisement
Cook was a huge miss, obviously. But I think Teddy B is probably the bigger miss given the importance of QBs. Golden's offense was surprisingly not terrible. I think Bridgewater could have led Miami to the ACC Championship game and we'd have given FSU a run for its money. Program would look a lot different right now if we'd won a couple ACC championships and been a playoff caliber team in the 2011-2014 timeframe. Don't get me wrong, I think Stephen Morris is an underappreciated QB in Miami's history, but Morris wasn't on the same level as Teddy B.

Advertisement
F all that BS....Lamar Jackson miss still has me ill....how in the F don't you give him a fair shot at QB??....Talk about getting Cucked...
This.

The Bridgewater miss as we all know had a lot do with the the bad breakup with Radio. Collateral damage unfortunately. But Lamar Jackson - no excuses. Our worst miss of the last 15 years, IMO.

Advertisement
Patrick Peterson -- We got Telemaque and Brandon Harris instead. At the time it didnt feel like the worse loss because the Telamaque commit was pretty cool as he was oos. Harris was great at HS but 20/20 hindsight - Pat P was/is the best DB to play football since 2008 across college and pro.
Man I was so high on VT7, kid was highly rated safety outta cali, wore the half jersey, cool name, cool # and looked cool. Then he gets to Miami and he turns into a bad angle taking, shoestring diving attempted tackling liablility here. SMH.

F all that BS....Lamar Jackson miss still has me ill....how in the F don't you give him a fair shot at QB??....Talk about getting Cucked...
Agreed! he's one of the most popular and exciting players in the NFL and recently won MVP...imagine how he could help Miami's image and with recruiting especially that he's from South Florida!

This.

The Bridgewater miss as we all know had a lot do with the the bad breakup with Radio. Collateral damage unfortunately. But Lamar Jackson - no excuses. Our worst miss of the last 15 years, IMO.

Certain that Teddy B would have signed if Shannon stayed. But how close were we really at getting Jackson?

Jacoby Brissett was on our radar just as much as Bridgewater if I recall correctly (same class)... he would have been great as well

Advertisement
Biggest Miss has to be Dalvin Cook based on pure prodution. Tutu Atwell, Brian Burns, Matthew Thomas, Alex Collins, Amari Cooper, Ryan Shazier, Surtain/Tyson even though we probably never had a chance with either.
Matthew Thomas was a POS at FSU

Advertisement
Trajan Bandy was a decent player. Ivey and Couch could still turn into good CBs.
Bandy was dog**** junior year, Ivey is a lost cause, Couch was our best db last year but got roasted in the bowl game. He will take that next step this year.

Where do I start:
Amari Cooper (domino to So Fla WRs going to Bama)

Dalvin Cook (a f’ing thorn in our side)

Tyson Campbell (how in tf...nvm)

Nik Bonitto (another how in tf.....)

Matthew Thomas (my first heartbreak on NSD)

Alex Collins (my 2nd heart break on NSD)

Denver Kirkland

Calvin Ridley (gut punch)

Jerry Jeudy (after effects of the Ridley gut-punch)

Minkah Fitzpatrick (remember that time we were pumped he might be coming here b/c of Golden’s NJ connection?? LMAO)

Chauncey Gardner-Johnson (Oy Vey)

Jordan Scarlett (really wanted to fight this jit after that chit he pulled)

Antonio Callaway

Quincy Wilson (haven’t been right w/ AH ever since)

Plenty of more; but those r a good start

Advertisement
Back