Big update from Herald

Ok and one has nothing to do with the other.
You might need to read the tweet again. I agree one has nothing to do with the other. I don’t understand why bear is sticking up for Manny as if he is being treated so poorly by UM who hired him without any qualifications and has overpaid him handsomely for 3 years.

Advertisement
Arkansas is set up the best out of anyone in the country. Best baseball program, basketball looking for another sweet 16 maybe a final 4 this year (with no signs of slowing down in either) and football is building into a respectable program in a real tough spot.

If you wanna talk about potential, there are a handful with a chance to surpass Arkansas mainly bc of football. They’ll never be an elite football school again IMO.

Yeah. I want an AD who has experience and getting all the sports good. Zo will get the football team right.

Imagine if all Miami sports didn’t suck. The school would be milking money. Football team being the biggest but man we can’t poach any ADs that have history of their programs doing well?

Hopefully that’s what the search firm is for actually looking for the best candidates from all these FBS schools and making a decision

"... UM deputy director of athletics Jennifer Strawley is an option to assume a larger role in that scenario [Highsmith or Torretta], and other career administrators could be considered.

It hasn’t been revealed what official title a football-intensive administrator, such as Highsmith or Torretta, would be given. Either could be given the AD job, with a No. 2 carrying more responsibility that is typically the case..."

Somebody sending a message...

and it provides Strawley growth oportunity to one day be hired somewhere as AD...

Yeah. I want an AD who has experience and getting all the sports good. Zo will get the football team right.

Imagine if all Miami sports didn’t suck. The school would be milking money. Football team being the biggest but man we can’t poach any ADs that have history of their programs doing well?

Hopefully that’s what the search firm is for actually looking for the best candidates from all these FBS schools and making a decision
You can add the Oregon guy in there too. He’s done wonders with all big 3 sports

Advertisement
I want NOTHING to do with any Admin who was apart of this Athletic Department within the last 10-15 years. I swear to god if we somehow end up promoting Strawley after all of this......
100% agree. We need a full house cleaning of the athletic department. Fumigate it and start a new.

You might need to read the tweet again. I agree one has nothing to do with the other. I don’t understand why bear is sticking up for Manny as if he is being treated so poorly by UM who hired him without any qualifications and has overpaid him handsomely for 3 years.
Because our decision to hire him three years ago has nothing to do with holding his career hostage because we can’t get out of our own way. He didn’t do anything that any of us wouldn’t. He was offered his dream job and accepted. Let him move on to his next venture if that is where this is going. And by the way, if we do decide to fire him, we’re doing ourselves a disservice to minimize him time on the coaching carousel if there is mitigation language in his buyout. We are very much incentivized to do so, aside from looking like idiots to the coaching world.

Advertisement
Because our decision to hire him three years ago has nothing to do with holding his career hostage because we can’t get out of our own way. He didn’t do anything that any of us wouldn’t. He was offered his dream job and accepted. Let him move on to his next venture if that is where this is going. And by the way, if we do decide to fire him, we’re doing ourselves a disservice to minimize him time on the coaching carousel if there is mitigation language in his buyout. We are very much incentivized to do so, aside from looking like idiots to the coaching world.
So they should eat 2 million and not wait 2 days?

Why is Toretta even considered (genuine question)? What has he done to give any indication he'd be good?

Zo I sort of get for football purposes ....but man idk I really thought he'd be better just over fball and have a real, experienced, professional AD in place.....I mean hiring first time HC has gone well right?
He’s Miami bro.
When Miami athletics is hiring, we only look for two things.
1.) Did they play for the university or have connection to administration at the University.
2.) Are they woefully unqualified and have no experience.

Advertisement
Irs been reported there is no de-escaltor date.

His buyout is based on future employment.

With that said, what makes this right and an actual. date wrong??

**** if I know....
People are reporting 12/1 but maybe that is wrong. Either way the last thing the school should care about is the treatment of manny Diaz right now.

I know nothing, but isn’t Strawley just a puppet? She did what blake told her to do, no?

Her name somehow became toxic on the internet, but can’t she possibly be beneficial if we hire Zo? If she has a new boss and does what she is told, why get rid of her (I am literally asking that question, not posing it as a hypothetical - if anyone has specific reasons then please reply)?

Seems like it would be good for fundraising, continuity, etc. If there are real reasons to get rid of her, fine. But if it because non-alumni, out of state, banner flying fans don’t like her… well that’s a whole different story.
I think most fans just want a reboot of the entire athletic department.
We haven’t won anything in 20 years, due to acceptance of mediocrity and culture that is okay with losing.
And I agree, I think they need to remove most or all of the administration, hire an experienced AD and hire the best people available.

Advertisement
Of all my issues with the way UM has handled this process, "fairness to Manny" is literally last on my list.
1638227337753.gif

I am all for hiring someone like Zo to have a singular leadership focus on rebuilding the football program, but UM also needs strong, Jurich-caliber leadership for the rest of the athletic department as well.

Men’s Basketball and Baseball are struggling and may need HC/Manager changes soon (especially Basketball)… are we trusting a Jen Strawley/Tony Hernandez-type technocrat to manage that?

Not me.

Advertisement
Back