Big 10 Expected to announce conference-only schedule

Could still have a National Championship. It's only 2 more games for 2 teams and 1 for the other 2.
This part would be interesting in terms of the teams getting in the playoffs (let's assume there will be one). Normally the SEC will point out their non-conference P5 quality wins, etc and make a claim for 2 berths. That will be hard to do if they only play other SEC teams. I'm guessing this hurts the SEC narrative for this season if this is how it all plays out.

Advertisement
The problem you have is that some teams will be playing 8 games vs 9 games unless you add a game to the teams that don’t play ND.
Okay, make ND play doubleheaders. Who cares we all hate those smucks. If it is us, I suggest we play ourselves for the 9th game. It would be interesting to see how Manny loses that one.

If we cancel non conference games, cant we add conference games?

Add Syracuse, Louisville, Boston College, and ND (if they become ACC for a year).

That would actually be a great compromise.
Playing an 8 game schedule is a joke.

It depends how you define big deal. If by big deal you mean that it’s a real pandemic, that is easily transmissible but with a relatively low CFR, one of many that have occurred in history, then it’s a big deal.

If by big deal you mean it’s everybody stay home we’re all doomed, I’m going to have to disagree.
I wouldn’t go as far as to say that we’re all doomed. But there’s a reason many other countries are on the downswing and we’re seeing an explosion

Add Syracuse, Louisville, Boston College, and ND (if they become ACC for a year).

hard to imagine a 12 game season. 8 was always the most logical thing if youre gonna play

Advertisement
I wouldn’t go as far as to say that we’re all doomed. But there’s a reason many other countries are on the downswing and we’re seeing an explosion

We’re not seeing an explosion. We’re seeing significant increases in previously lightly affected areas due to a combination of variables. But you frame it however it makes you feel emotionally comfortable and fits your world view. I would classify an explosion as what already happened in the ACELA corridor, and we’re about 1% of the way there in the states currently under the microscope. But my opinion is strictly based on the data, not on wishful projections.

We’re not seeing an explosion. We’re seeing significant increases in previously lightly affected areas due to a combination of variables. But you frame it however it makes you feel emotionally comfortable and fits your world view. I would classify an explosion as what already happened in the ACELA corridor, and we’re about 1% of the way there in the states currently under the microscope. But my opinion is strictly based on the data, not on wishful projections.

curious, do you know or have anyone who works in the hospital system?

1594328392197.png

Advertisement
This part would be interesting in terms of the teams getting in the playoffs (let's assume there will be one). Normally the SEC will point out their non-conference P5 quality wins, etc and make a claim for 2 berths. That will be hard to do if they only play other SEC teams. I'm guessing this hurts the SEC narrative for this season if this is how it all plays out.
You're right. At least 1 conference will be left out. Adding ND to ACC games would add value.

You're right. At least 1 conference will be left out. Adding ND to ACC games would add value.
SEC will just say their teams had a tougher schedule bc they played other SEC teams bc the “SEC teams from top to bottom are better.” I do agree adding ND can help this year IF it counts as a conference game.

SEC will just say their teams had a tougher schedule bc they played other SEC teams bc the “SEC teams from top to bottom are better.” I do agree adding ND can help this year IF it counts as a conference game.
I think the SEC will only get 1 team if there is a playoff.

Advertisement

I don't disagree with you in this being a cool idea, to add another conference game or two. But, the reality is at this point if we are able to get in the conference games we have scheduled it will be a blessing.

at this point the reality is that there is slim chance that the whole season isn't canceled.

Advertisement
I could see that...but the other side of the coin is the 2nd SEC team that has gotten in previously could point to a quality OOC win that negated their in conference loss. I'm just spit balling, things are crazy now, so who knows.

A. there is no word on the long term effects if someone develops symptoms (young or not).
B. von miller just said hes still having issues
C. there have been players showing symptoms at other schools as well which led to more rounds of testing (clemson i believe is the one)

A. We can’t wait long term to see. Life moves on. I have had relatives who have had it. Lost the taste and all that. Got better. This mass hysteria is too much. I wear a mask and distance and all that. Take precautions, sure, but move the freak on with life. 20 year old kids are simply not at risk other than crazy people fears. I have two covid icu nurses in my family. They say wear ya mask, wash ya hands, and distance. They don’t say hide under a bed.
B. He isn’t 18 to 22 year old athlete. And vague.
C. People show symptoms. See answer to A.

A. We can’t wait long term to see. Life moves on. I have had relatives who have had it. Lost the taste and all that. Got better. This mass hysteria is too much. I wear a mask and distance and all that. Take precautions, sure, but move the freak on with life. 20 year old kids are simply not at risk other than crazy people fears. I have two covid icu nurses in my family. They say wear ya mask, wash ya hands, and distance. They don’t say hide under a bed.
B. He isn’t 18 to 22 year old athlete. And vague.
C. People show symptoms. See answer to A.

so your plan is to roll out the kids who play for nothing for your entertainment even if students aren't back on campus? yeah no thanks. these kids are the same as anyone else. treat them the same. if it isnt safe for your student body, then the same should apply to your athletes unless you admit that these kids are actually employees and they should be paid their worth

fwiw, i have an ICU pulmonary doc and infectious disease doc along with nurses in mine.

alos, regardless of how long you have to wait, if youre not sure of the long term impacts on these kids lungs then you take the precaution. it is what it is. if you dont get football you dont. if you get 8 games, enjoy those 8 and move on. just like you said, life moves on and so will you football or not

so your plan is to roll out the kids who play for nothing for your entertainment even if students aren't back on campus? yeah no thanks. these kids are the same as anyone else. treat them the same. if it isnt safe for your student body, then the same should apply to your athletes unless you admit that these kids are actually employees and they should be paid their worth
Yikes. Straw man argument alert. This isn’t endangering students for my enjoyment. Lol

Think you are missing my point. I would roll out all kids for all aspects of life. They aren’t at risk. The out of shape and old people should stay home.

The Spanish flu killed lots of kids. If that were this, I would be applaud at the idea of kids being out anywhere. This just don’t.

Advertisement
Back