Big 10 Expected to announce conference-only schedule

Advertisement
1594322101330.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
well if we even do have a season Notre Dame is screwed if the other conferences go the same route. They would be left with 2 games lol. Unless the ACC forces those ACC teams to play ND. They are supposed to play Clemson this year at Notre Dame.

I listened to Auerbach on a couple of podcasts this week and she did not come off well in her grasp of the situation or in communication. She often contradicted herself and made sweeping conclusions based on presumptions that sounded more panicked than reasoned. I just chalked it up to a reporter who was overwhelmed by the situation and moved on.

Now I think I was partly right. She was overwhelmed, but probably by the emerging reality that based on conversations she was having football in the fall was never going to happen, and Spring was very much in doubt. I think she grasped the complexity too well, and it made her head spin just relaying the information she was being told. Seriously listen to her on Andy Staples, it was like Always Sunny meme of the scribbles, pictures and red threads connecting them all.

I hope the programs we love can survive this, but I am not optimistic. The bubble around major sports was already thin, and this year may very well cause it to explode.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I listened to Auerbach on a couple of podcasts this week and she did not come off well in her grasp of the situation or in communication. She often contradicted herself and made sweeping conclusions based on presumptions that sounded more panicked than reasoned. I just chalked it up to a reporter who was overwhelmed by the situation and moved on.

Now I think I was partly right. She was overwhelmed, but probably by the emerging reality that based on conversations she was having football in the fall was never going to happen, and Spring was very much in doubt. I think she grasped the complexity too well, and it made her head spin just relaying the information she was being told. Seriously listen to her on Andy Staples, it was like Always Sunny meme of the scribbles, pictures and red threads connecting them all.

I hope the programs we love can survive this, but I am not optimistic. The bubble around major sports was already thin, and this year may very well cause it to explode.

two MLS teams just got sent home from the bubble

That’s an interesting thought for the independent teams. Wow. I have to say I prefer this option to playing in the spring. I think it pushes it back far enough and at the same time gives us a chance to see these players this year instead of losing them to the draft.

I wonder if the ACC could use a form of the "bubble" method and allow teams to play in different sites in Virginia? The Overall stats are good. We're already in phase 3 of reopening the state. Just a thought.

Advertisement
Back