Big 10 Expected to announce conference-only schedule

I bet they add a few more ACC games to that schedule . Like maybe we play Cuse or UL or Clemson or NC st ect ect.
They will also have to change everybody’s schedule to fit into whatever time frame they can play in. We don’t have a league game until Oct but several others have games in Sept. A conference only schedule will look different than what it does now. I would also think they would try to play 9-10 and include ND.

Advertisement
Athletes are so close to bullet proof from Covid. Let the fat coaches take a sabbatical if that’s the issue. This is cuckoo.

Athletes are so close to bullet proof from Covid. Let the fat coaches take a sabbatical if that’s the issue. This is cuckoo.

A. there is no word on the long term effects if someone develops symptoms (young or not).
B. von miller just said hes still having issues
C. there have been players showing symptoms at other schools as well which led to more rounds of testing (clemson i believe is the one)

Advertisement
We aren’t playing a down this fall. Unbelievable.
If we don't play at least 1 down this year........

046AED05-9CA2-485D-8CF7-8BFC29FAE888.gif

Advertisement
Wisco was supposed to play Notre Dame at Lambeau Field this year. See how that plays out.
Won’t happen. My question is what about the in state rivalry games. UGA-GT, USCe-Clemson, FSU-UF. Aren’t they legally obligated to play every year (at least UF-FSU)?

Why not take the 9 ACC games and spread it out over the 16/ 17 weeks of the season and play the games every 10 days or so? Time for testing, time for evaluation, time for 2 negative tests.. it’s not like the schedule can’t be amended, pretty sure that is a must and if we are being real, fans aren’t going to be at the games anyway. I think NASCAR has given a good template on how to adjust schedules.

I wonder if they will move the conference games up to September or will we delay the season until October?
Wondering the same. As much as I want football back soon, with a new offensive coordinator it would be beneficial to keep the October start date allowing more time for players to get a grasp on the new system.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I wish they would find a way to move the season to the spring. Allow kids to declare for the draft while also being able to play out the season.
Only way that happens is with an agreement from the NFL and I doubt they budge... But anything is possible...
If it does go to spring then I doubt King, Roche and GR15 play... They'll more than likely enter the draft...

That’s an interesting thought for the independent teams. Wow. I have to say I prefer this option to playing in the spring. I think it pushes it back far enough and at the same time gives us a chance to see these players this year instead of losing them to the draft.
Those independent teams will either cancel all together or schedule games amongst themselves.

Personally, I think they fold for this year. Not much tv interest for most of those teams so the money would be low.

I'd imagine Notre Dame would try to salvage a season because they have their contract with NBC. That's a lot of money being left on the table, but it may be like ice skating uphill.

Only way that happens is with an agreement from the NFL and I doubt they budge... But anything is possible...
If it does go to spring then I doubt King, Roche and GR15 play... They'll more than likely enter the draft...
King and Roche need to add to their resume imo, Rousseau should as well but he’s already being billed as a top ten talent so you may be right there. Any football is better than no football.

King and Roche need to add to their resume imo, Rousseau should as well but he’s already being billed as a top ten talent so you may be right there. Any football is better than no football.
Do they need to add to their resume??? Sure , no doubt.... You think they wanna wait till the 2022 draft to do it.... Nope. That I doubt.

Advertisement
Back