Big 10 Expected to announce conference-only schedule

It’s not over ‘til the fat lady sings, but she’s drinking some tea with honey right now, otherwise

75851071-61C7-419B-855A-AE2D486D9D39.gif

Advertisement
Adding conference games makes zero sense, guys. There’s no difference between traveling to Louisville and Temple traveling to Miami.

SEC pride might form a supernatural barrier to infection, but the ACC is screwed.
This is what perplexes me. What difference does this actually make?

And if things are so bad that humanity cannot afford to send 100 of the best taken care of physically and medically ppl to michigan st to play a game, then wtf are we doing with schools?

You gotta close down schools, jobs, entertainment, etc right now. Close it all down.

Otherwise I dont get what cancelling non conference games accomplishes

A. there is no word on the long term effects if someone develops symptoms (young or not).
B. von miller just said hes still having issues
C. there have been players showing symptoms at other schools as well which led to more rounds of testing (clemson i believe is the one)
There’s no use trying to convince people that don’t believe in this virus. I mentioned in another thread yesterday about Nick Markakis from the Braves sitting out this season because he talked to Freddie Freeman who told him how bad it was and I got a bunch of people laughing at me like it was a joke

Do they need to add to their resume??? Sure , no doubt.... You think they wanna wait till the 2022 draft to do it.... Nope. That I doubt.
I don’t believe King gets drafted or not until late based off last years film, yeah he was lights out in 2018, but he got hurt, he’s under 6’, and could help himself a lot bringing Miami back on offense.

I guess the independents could just schedule each other. However, I wouldn’t put it past the ACC to somehow bring ND into this partial season.
If ACC goes conference only then ND could easily fall right in an fill its schedule up with ACC teams. Miami v ND would get great ratings even in empty stadium. I see nothing wrong with that.

Advertisement
Those independent teams will either cancel all together or schedule games amongst themselves.

Personally, I think they fold for this year. Not much tv interest for most of those teams so the money would be low.

I'd imagine Notre Dame would try to salvage a season because they have their contract with NBC. That's a lot of money being left on the table, but it may be like ice skating uphill.
ND plays 6 ACC teams this year (WF, Pitt, Duke, Clemson, GT, Louisville). Add 3 more ACC teams, but not let them be eligible for the conference championship since they technically won’t be in a division or add them to the Atlantic division and call it a day.

It’s not over till the fat lady sings
There’s no use trying to convince people that don’t believe in this virus. I mentioned in another thread yesterday about Nick Markakis from the Braves sitting out this season because he talked to Freddie Freeman who told him how bad it was and I got a bunch of people laughing at me like it was a joke

don’t be obtuse. It’s not believing in the virus. What kind of nonsense is that? Those of us that actually believe in real science know where this virus fits in, at least according to all the statistical data currently available

Playing only conference games makes sense at this point. The main reason is you can set forth policy and rules for all the teams in the conference regarding Covid-19.

Also, without fans, it might be very little revenue to make from non conferencegames. Typically, teams are paid $200k-$300k by the home team for an FCS school and $500k-$1M to a mid major.

If ACC goes conference only then ND could easily fall right in an fill its schedule up with ACC teams. Miami v ND would get great ratings even in empty stadium. I see nothing wrong with that.
The problem you have is that some teams will be playing 8 games vs 9 games unless you add a game to the teams that don’t play ND.

Advertisement
So lets say everyone stays in their own conference. Does that mean no National Champion? We will have a bunch of conference champs and no national champ?

ND plays 6 ACC teams this year (WF, Pitt, Duke, Clemson, GT, Louisville). Add 3 more ACC teams, but not let them be eligible for the conference championship since they technically won’t be in a division or add them to the Atlantic division and call it a day.
They'll probably do that, but what do the other teams do? Do they get to have 1 non conference game?

I don’t believe King gets drafted or not until late based off last years film, yeah he was lights out in 2018, but he got hurt, he’s under 6’, and could help himself a lot bringing Miami back on offense.
I hope you're right... Just have to see how this plays out... Many directions this can go right now...

It’s not over till the fat lady sings

don’t be obtuse. It’s not believing in the virus. What kind of nonsense is that? Those of us that actually believe in real science know where this virus fits in, at least according to all the statistical data currently available
I’m not saying most don’t, but we definitely have our handful of posters that think this isn’t a big deal. And if it wasn’t a big deal, they wouldn’t be pushing back seasons and playing conference only games.

Advertisement
So lets say everyone stays in their own conference. Does that mean no National Champion? We will have a bunch of conference champs and no national champ?
Could still have a National Championship. It's only 2 more games for 2 teams and 1 for the other 2.

I’m not saying most don’t, but we definitely have our handful of posters that think this isn’t a big deal. And if it wasn’t a big deal, they wouldn’t be pushing back seasons and playing conference only games.

It depends how you define big deal. If by big deal you mean that it’s a real pandemic, that is easily transmissible but with a relatively low CFR, one of many that have occurred in history, then it’s a big deal.

If by big deal you mean it’s everybody stay home we’re all doomed, I’m going to have to disagree.

Advertisement
That’s the problem with the imbalance. They may just add another conference game and everyone plays 9 conference games.
I think this one of the reasons for axing non-conf games. It will make scheduling and rebalancing the schedule easier if the conference can control it all. I believe the conference will re-do the entire schedule to make it work. You will play your division, then remaining games will be cross overs to the point everyone plays the same number of games. By taking UAB, Temple, etc out of the equation it makes it simpler for the ACC in this case.

I think this one of the reasons for axing non-conf games. It will make scheduling and rebalancing the schedule easier if the conference can control it all. I believe the conference will re-do the entire schedule to make it work. You will play your division, then remaining games will be cross overs to the point everyone plays the same number of games. By taking UAB, Temple, etc out of the equation it makes it simpler for the ACC in this case.
The problem is when you include ND into the equation. Does the ND game count in the standings? If not, then there could be a potential mess with others playing one less “official” conference game.

Advertisement
Back