Big 10 and PAC 12 v. ACC, SEC and Big 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
As a New Yorker, I’d rather have him than Cuomo.
No you would not.
You May feel that way today from the limited prism of college football, but overall everyone but 51% of Florida recognize him for being a rube. He is an undereducated person who is over his head in political matters.
Not to mention he is difficult to look at. Ugly, fat, little man.

They drop dead from an infectious disease?
An infectious disease that there's absolutely zero proof they won't catch away from the field? Canceling football is the easy thing for university presidents because it shields them from the media scrutiny when players would catch it.

When the same players catch it away from the field, the university presidents won't be mentioned or held to any scrutiny. This is ALL ABOUT optics and the presidents wanting to avoid any scrutiny verus the presidents really caring about what's best for the players.

Advertisement
Then why did Ohio Taint and Ped State vote against playing? The only schools in the Lil 10 that wanted to play were Iowa and Nebraska.
Because he saw an internet rumor that Pedo State, Ohio Taint and Meeechigan would explore joining the Big 12 for a season if the Big Ten cancelled the year and turned it into that the schools themselves "have put it out there".

The only person that put anything out there was some random internet dude that picked the 3 biggest Big Ten schools and created a scenario in his mind where they play in the fall- a notion obviously just shown to be completely false by the way all 3 schools voted.

But then again this thread is now fueled by some random dude saying a Power 5 AD contacted him and the basement musings of Clay Travis.

The reasoning for canceling makes no sense when you look at the bigger picture. They are saying we cannot play football because of the risk the players will get it. Ok but then why are they having thousands of regular students return to campus for in class learning. How is that any less risky or dangerous? It is ok for the player to get it while in class but not while playing football?

You have to hold the world record for longest consecutive streak of preposterous hot takes.
Preposterous? I don't get the reaction. I thought I was posting information from a reputable media outlet who's reporting on what the football decision makers are discussing behind closed doors. Somehow I'm the villain?

I guess some people just can't deal with reality.

Advertisement
At what point do people say we're never going to cure this disease by cowering under our sheets? It was all about flattening the curve so we didn't overwhelm hospitals, now it's wait for a vaccine. What if not enough people take it? What if it's not as effective? What if it wears off?

Take proper precautions and live life.

Hold on, so everyone was proclaiming that we had to go conference only because we couldn’t get uniform testing. Even though many of us argued how easy it would be for the NCAA to mandate it. 4 weeks later... here we are! Once again: America, The Land of Knee Jerk Reactions trying to out woke each other

An infectious disease that there's absolutely zero proof they won't catch away from the field? Canceling football is the easy thing for university presidents because it shields them from the media scrutiny when players would catch it.

When the same players catch it away from the field, the university presidents won't be mentioned or held to any scrutiny. This is ALL ABOUT optics and the presidents wanting to avoid any scrutiny verus the presidents really caring about what's best for the players.
Ding Ding Ding....winner winner

Complete CYA mode for these school presidents

Advertisement

You are correct it’s about optics, but those same optics will make it difficult for SEC, ACC and Big 12 to play if the Big 10 and PAC 12 postpone their seasons. As though we don‘t already have a perceived intellectual divide in this country between people in the north and south, how much would southern conferences still playing increase the optics that all people in the south care about is something as “insignificant” as football whereas in the north and west schools actually care about the “student-athlete”?
some schools like Bama and LSU may not care about this perception, but some schools will, likely to include UM, Notre Dame, Duke, Vandy, BC and certainly a few other presidents who think highly of their schools perceived Reputations.

No you would not.
You May feel that way today from the limited prism of college football, but overall everyone but 51% of Florida recognize him for being a rube. He is an undereducated person who is over his head in political matters.
You're trying to tell a grown man how to think. That right their says everything about you.

Advertisement
Preposterous? I don't get the reaction. I thought I was posting information from a reputable media outlet who's reporting on what the football decision makers are discussing behind closed doors. Somehow I'm the villain?

The last line fits you perfectly. 1st step in recovery ...

No you would not.

Over 6,500 seniors were unavailable to comment bc Cuomo murdered them

That's your problem. SI is not exactly reputable around these parts.

You are correct it’s about optics, but those same optics will make it difficult for SEC, ACC and Big 12 to play if the Big 10 and PAC 12 postpone their seasons. As though we don‘t already have a perceived intellectual divide in this country between people in the north and south, how much would southern conferences still playing increase the optics that all people in the south care about is something as “insignificant” as football whereas in the north and west schools actually care about the “student-athlete”?
some schools like Bama and LSU may not care about this perception, but some schools will, likely to include UM, Notre Dame, Duke, Vandy, BC and certainly a few other presidents who think highly of their schools perceived Reputations.
Why? Because your totalitarian complex says so?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back