Best scenario for the season is to avoid playing Clemson again

Beta mentality man. Big game experience is important. Only way to just through. No shortcuts

You think better to get blown out than not to play them? Or you think we wouldn't get blown out?

We'd definitely get blown out, and I don't see how yet ANOTHER big game blow out would help us.

Advertisement
I meant that whole class that fell apart at the end cause of bags I just used him as an example because he was a part of that class. Surtain and all them boys once we lost them we lost that game, cause those recruiting losses have an effect later down the road, and sometimes they have an effect immediately.
Surtain and Jobe won’t even be on their roster next year and they wouldn’t have been on the roster for us either next. Like I said man, you just be talking. If we get smoked by Bama it’s likely because they fill and replace stud talent with more stud talent and they have better talent than us at almost every single position on both sides of the ball.

1CE72FCF-04CC-4A85-A373-84E54E344CA3.gif

So you wanna avoid playing a certain team? That sounds like fear to me. I really hope our players are not thinking that way

What makes you think the players are thinking that way?

Sometimes the folks on this message board forget that we are nothing but onlookers. Yes the coaches and players should "fear" no one. I assume they all want a rematch. We, as irrelevant fans, have nothing to "fear", because we're just sitting on our butts and watching other people do things. I rather not spend another week getting hyped up, then watch my beloved Canes get whipped for 4 hours while the announcers salivate over Lawrence, Etienne, and Dabo.

And spare me on the "beta mentality" nonsense. You can have a beta mentality, alpha mentality, omega mentality, gamma mentality, whatever. You're just a fan watching the game and your "mentality" is meaningless. I don't want to watch another inevitable primetime beatdown.

IDK bout yall but I love playing these great teams. Helps the players see some real teams that way the only thing they know wont be the pitts and VT's of the world. I think we gotta play them again, just put out a better showing. that could prepare us for BAGa a little bit.

Advertisement
I'd rather play them again and see if we've made up any ground. So what if we lose 42-17? I'd take 10-2 with our only losses to the best team in the country. That itself is huge progress.

Just improve, cut down on mistakes, and take your best shot.

I don't know why some people are taking this like it's some decision we're going to make. The team would never try to lose a game to avoid Clemson. And as a fan it doesn't take an ounce of courage to say "yeah I want another shot at them." It's just a hypothetical of what scenario would benefit us most in the long run. I can see Krazy's point if it really worked out to 10-1 and a bowl win over Florida. The logic isn't bad, I'm just not convinced that's a likely combo.

My argument for preferring another matchup with Clemson would be that even with a loss, saying you've only lost to the #1 team in the country is no small thing. People remember when you were on the big stage. They usually don't remember the ones who almost got there. Being in front of the nation and part of the media's football conversation about who matters is important for perception of the program. Also, no recruit is under the illusion that we're currently at Clemson's level, that's part of the pitch we make to them. Miami's a team with momentum, a hot destination, come here and you'll be a key to pushing us to the next level. In the past, the trouble has been that top guys had no reason to believe that kind of pitch. Our goal right now is getting to a level where it's a legitimate argument.

Sometimes the folks on this message board forget that we are nothing but onlookers. Yes the coaches and players should "fear" no one. I assume they all want a rematch. We, as irrelevant fans, have nothing to "fear", because we're just sitting on our butts and watching other people do things. I rather not spend another week getting hyped up, then watch my beloved Canes get whipped for 4 hours while the announcers salivate over Lawrence, Etienne, and Dabo.

And spare me on the "beta mentality" nonsense. You can have a beta mentality, alpha mentality, omega mentality, gamma mentality, whatever. You're just a fan watching the game and your "mentality" is meaningless. I don't want to watch another inevitable primetime beatdown.

IF IF IF we have competent coaching, two things should happen. (1) We get better as the season progresses and play them tougher and can actually see we got better as the season progressed. When was the last time we could say that? (2) Manny and co. have a clear game plan as to where we need to improve so that it becomes a focus in recruiting and offseason. It should not be too hard to find the championship blueprint. They're in our **** conference. Learn and copy them.

@KrazyCane with one of his classic trolls to rile up the board. Works every time.

I want Clemson twice a year until we are a grizzled big game ready team. I’d love to take off a cupcake and make them a yearly rivalry game.

They are not invincible. The coaches have to game plan better and instill more discipline.

Do that, and the outcomes are much more respectable.

Advertisement

Have you ever played any sports? if so did you play?

Advertisement
Clemson was up 21-10 in the middle of the 3rd qtr and Miami had the ball deep in Clemson territory with a chance to cut it to 4 and considering our kicker, almost certainly cut it to 8, on the road, at night in Death Valley. Turned it over but then got it back! And messed it up again.

nah I want to play again

I don’t see how getting dominated by Clemson again in the ACCCG helps us this season.

Finish the rest of the season undefeated then hope the ACC selects Notre Dame to have them get blown out again by Clemson in the ACCCG.

Then maybe we get another match up against Florida in a non-playoff BCS bowl game. Beat them finish the season 11-1 with a lot of momentum into next season.

Trevor Lawrence and Etienne will be gone which will finally give us a chance to win the ACC next year.

Thoughts?
That ain't how we roll, we ain't no punk biatches.

Advertisement
I don’t see how getting dominated by Clemson again in the ACCCG helps us this season.

Finish the rest of the season undefeated then hope the ACC selects Notre Dame to have them get blown out again by Clemson in the ACCCG.

Then maybe we get another match up against Florida in a non-playoff BCS bowl game. Beat them finish the season 11-1 with a lot of momentum into next season.

Trevor Lawrence and Etienne will be gone which will finally give us a chance to win the ACC next year.

Thoughts?
Dude, did you not read this hot take?

Thoughts?

As in any sport, you don't improve by being dominated. You improve by being competitive, even if you might lose. So the answer depends on how you see the Canes at the end of the season.

As I see the same inept coaching staff in charge, we should avoid Clemson at all costs because... well, you know why.

Advertisement
Back