Best scenario for the season is to avoid playing Clemson again

Go for the biggest game every year. So, Clemson again. Momentum doesn't last for 8 months. Being in the biggest game helps us in recruiting the most, not just winning a bowl or something.

Advertisement
It's better to be first among the losers than not first in anything.. No way do I want those gold domers saying they'd be in the hunt every year if they joined the ACC.

Exactly.

100 years from now, I don't want to Google the 2020 ACC-CG and see "Clemson vs. Notre Dame" while ND is still independent.

Fvck those golden douchebags.

I agree with the responses but to play devil's advocate . . .

What if we do get crushed again? Does it affect recruiting? And then, if we lose the ensuing bowl game, everyone knows what the rhetoric will be . . . "Manny can't win big games." "Miami is in a funk again." "Miami lost their last 2 games of the season." "Same ole Miami." Opposing coaches will negative recruit us.

Conversely, if we avoid them and finish the season strong, Manny can walk into kid's homes and say "we won our last 'x' games . . . we're on the upswing, yada yada yada."

I do think we need the big game experience and the measuring stick, but it can backfire under certain circumstances.

It’s not soft and it is a real possibility. ND could lose to Clem by less than we did, out vote us for #2 and take our spot in the championship game. But it is a back door into the playoffs. That’s not a bad look for us.

Advertisement
I don’t see how getting dominated by Clemson again in the ACCCG helps us this season.

Finish the rest of the season undefeated then hope the ACC selects Notre Dame to have them get blown out again by Clemson in the ACCCG.

Then maybe we get another match up against Florida in a non-playoff BCS bowl game. Beat them finish the season 11-1 with a lot of momentum into next season.

Trevor Lawrence and Etienne will be gone which will finally give us a chance to win the ACC next year.

Thoughts?
Loser mentality

It’s not soft and it is a real possibility. ND could lose to Clem by less than we did, out vote us for #2 and take our spot in the championship game. But it is a back door into the playoffs. That’s not a bad look for us.
What’s this vote? Doesn’t it going by highest ranked if teams are tied with no h2h.

It would be another thrashing...and as painful as it would be, we got Bama coming next year out of the gate...literally anything - even another beatdown...that could help us prep for these big games, I'm a fan of.
Also - as Canes fans...we are conditioned to always looking ahead with our "it's a process mentality" ....might as well act the part!

We need to play in as many big games as possible whether we look like we belong or not. These moments can’t be too big for our team plus it proves that for at least this year we’re the only team who can pose any real threat to Clemson. They’ll steamroll every team and people will forget our game even happened by seasons end. Put up a good fight and you can sell more of these high end recruits on being a few pieces away from competing for real trophies at the end of the year. I see us winning out and losing to Clemson in a much better game. Then playing in the Orange Bowl and winning.

Advertisement
There is no vote for the ACC Championship game

I don’t see how getting dominated by Clemson again in the ACCCG helps us this season.

Finish the rest of the season undefeated then hope the ACC selects Notre Dame to have them get blown out again by Clemson in the ACCCG.

Then maybe we get another match up against Florida in a non-playoff BCS bowl game. Beat them finish the season 11-1 with a lot of momentum into next season.

Trevor Lawrence and Etienne will be gone which will finally give us a chance to win the ACC next year.

Thoughts?
This ain't the craziest thing you have ever said. I'll take the rematch.

Advertisement
**** no, give me them again. I want to see if we improved, our coaching staff learned anything when it comes to planning and preparing for the game and if our players knuckle up or bend over.

Advertisement

Thoughts?
Stupid as ****

smh. So this is why they make spaghetti strapped wife beaters that only certain guys can wear

As an athlete you can never be scared of any opponent. Respect them, yes, scared? No.... I mean, why even play a sport if you have that kinda sissy mentality?

LMAOOOOOOOOO I have been waiting to see this post, knowing the dumb****ery was coming soon. It always does. And I cannot tell you how happy it made me when I saw it had finally been made, and saw who the OP was!!!

ABSOLUTE POETRY HAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA. That dude is the absolute undisputed champ of retarded takes. He is the Skip Bayless on Deer Antler Spray of this site. If he gets banned I will be in tears, the comedic value he provides here is immeasurable. KRAZY YOU THE GOAT!!

Advertisement
Back