Best scenario for the season is to avoid playing Clemson again

KrazyCane

SAVAGE
Banned
I don’t see how getting dominated by Clemson again in the ACCCG helps us this season.

Finish the rest of the season undefeated then hope the ACC selects Notre Dame to have them get blown out again by Clemson in the ACCCG.

Then maybe we get another match up against Florida in a non-playoff BCS bowl game. Beat them finish the season 11-1 with a lot of momentum into next season.

Trevor Lawrence and Etienne will be gone which will finally give us a chance to win the ACC next year.

Thoughts?

Advertisement
I don’t see how getting dominated by Clemson again in the ACCCG helps us this season.

Finish the rest of the season undefeated then hope the ACC selects Notre Dame to have them get blown out again by Clemson in the ACCCG.

Then maybe we get another match up against Florida in a non-playoff BCS bowl game. Beat them finish the season 11-1 with a lot of momentum into next season.

Trevor Lawrence and Etienne will be gone next year which will be our chance to finally win the ACC next year.

Thoughts?

Your headline is about "not playing Clemson again".

Your posting is about "not getting dominated by Clemson again".

Those do not necessarily have to be the same concepts. But, at this early stage, assuming that you know the outcome will be "dominated by Clemson" is...you know...kinda weak.

I'm sure the players would love the chance for a rematch.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Trevor Lawrence and Etienne will be gone which will finally give us a chance to win the ACC next year.

Thoughts?

Win or lose to Clemson avoiding them is never an option. Playing Clemson will make the staff and players better. It's how you prepare for big games. Not playing them doesn't help us get better. I want Clemson Vs UM in the ACC Championship Game

Last edited:
I don’t necessarily agree with your point but I see where you’re coming from. I’m sure the players and staff want another crack at Clemson but realistically speaking we don’t have a shot against them (hope I get proved wrong). Getting whooped by them twice in a season and especially one being the ACCCG is not a good look.

Advertisement
Never hide from true measuring stick games. Who cares if we get through the rest of the regular season with no losses if it results in delusions of how good we really are. The goal should be to get a rematch and see if we have improved any over the course of the year. If we have, awesome! We have a **** of a springboard and game plan on how to attack the off-season. If we haven’t, then it will plainly show and we will have a better plan heading into the offseason. Win-win in my book. Plus, we don’t run from ANYONE! Lol.

Advertisement
You're getting killed for saying it, but I get where you're coming from. I too don't see Clemson losing this year. I also think the bowl selection process (if there are bowls) will be kinder to the team that losses the tiebreaker than the team that loses the ACCCG. Miami would possibly get a new years 6 bowl against UF or UGA (both more beatable than Clemson), which they would likely not get even with a close loss to Clemson again.

Advertisement
Back