Best scenario for the season is to avoid playing Clemson again

I don’t see how getting dominated by Clemson again in the ACCCG helps us this season.

Finish the rest of the season undefeated then hope the ACC selects Notre Dame to have them get blown out again by Clemson in the ACCCG.

Then maybe we get another match up against Florida in a non-playoff BCS bowl game. Beat them finish the season 11-1 with a lot of momentum into next season.

Trevor Lawrence and Etienne will be gone which will finally give us a chance to win the ACC next year.

Thoughts?
Come on man!!!!!
Bring me Clemson!!! We need to play the best if we want to be the best!!!!

Go Canes!!!!!

Advertisement
Geez, the pussification only grows. The objective is to WIN! WIN! and WIN! The only way to improve your team, program is to play the best. It's called motivation, hunger, the ultimate will to be the best you can be.

I'll never understand this B.S. rhetoric of not playing 'X' because we would probably lose....weak

I mostly agree with the OP, but I will say, if we win the rest of our reg season games and don't have any canceled (Covid), we'd have 10 wins and in that scenario, we'd be in the ACCCHGM, so I suppose I could live with that. The main thing is, we are still building this team back and for many reasons, none the least of which is recruiting, I think the magic number we need to achieve in order to move the narrative in our direction is "10 wins."

A team that wins 10 in a P5 southern conference, is a good team and if you can sell that "They ain't seen nuthin' yet, wait till next year!" Now, you've got something. So, if we did that, I could take another Clemson match up, but I also wouldn't be heartbroken if we didn't face them, won the rest of our games, including the bowl, and went into 21' with a long winning streak and mad momentum.

I do not live in the past like some do but our team was built by playing the best and not being chicken little
You are so correct but when we were playing the best we were the best and winning, not getting blown away like the last 15 or so years when playing top teams.

Let me put this another way for people that don’t understand what’s really going on here.
THE ACC HAS DONE EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO PHVCK US SCHEDULE WISE.

If we lose to Clemson but win the rest, guess what? We have the same record as Notre Dame.
We will not get the RANKING/POLLS/VOTES to get a chance to win the ACC.
Now we‘re at the mercy of pollers/voters to get in the playoffs and we could of settled it on the field.
You get it?
1603252606238.gif

1603252671540.gif

Advertisement
If you have to play a team twice for all the marbles, being the loser of the first meeting isn't a bad way to come in to it. The old football adage; "Tough to beat a team twice in a season."

Knowing psychology, it might be better for our ACC title hopes that we got stomped.

Do y’all remember? Probably many don’t or even think about this game. Why? Because they kept going and have made it. Stop actin a b*tch and being afraid to take an a** whoopin if it comes.
9E2D167A-3350-4B10-8A99-4E828BE3C412.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting blown out by 50 to Clemson again won’t help us prepare for Bama next year and it won’t help us be a better team.

Advertisement
Lol huh? Why did you ask the same question twice, but once in italics?

I played some sports when I was a kid, sure. I, along with all the other keyboard warriors on here, don't currently play for the 2020 University of Miami football team though, which is the point. I guess you missed that.

Yea I figured as much. No one with your attitude does anything in sports or even plays.

Best case scenario is play Clemson and look like you actually prepared this time. And if you don't win, give them a game like UNC did last season

yea that would be the best case scenario if it was possible... but it’s not. As long as McCloud, Jennings, Carter, Wiggins, and Pope have to be depended on to win games we are getting blown out by Clemson every time.

I don’t see how getting dominated by Clemson again in the ACCCG helps us this season.

Finish the rest of the season undefeated then hope the ACC selects Notre Dame to have them get blown out again by Clemson in the ACCCG.

Then maybe we get another match up against Florida in a non-playoff BCS bowl game. Beat them finish the season 11-1 with a lot of momentum into next season.

Trevor Lawrence and Etienne will be gone which will finally give us a chance to win the ACC next year.

Thoughts?
I like the beating uf and winning the rest of our games parts.

Advertisement
It's better to be first among the losers than not first in anything.. No way do I want those gold domers saying they'd be in the hunt every year if they joined the ACC.
I totally agree with you, but ..... whether you like it or not? The doomers will get all the preferences they need!! Who can actually trial a league before joining??? Man, this world IS going to chit!!
GoCanes!

This is the opposite of what our mentality should be. The best case scenario for this season would be to win out and take another stab at Clemson. Play them tougher and show progress.

Advertisement
This is a reason why I follow Krazy. He’s top tier entertainment and when he wants to be - literally the best troll going. He’s so wacko sometimes that we don’t know what is real and what is troll and if this is troll - lol

Isn’t ranking a vote? Would UM out rank ND with the same record?
It’s literally called the AP POLL & The Coaches POLL. A poll is a vote.

Two-Team Tie
1. Head-to-head competition between the two tied teams.
2. Head-to-head competition versus the team with the best overall win percentage and proceeding though the conference. Multiple ties within the conference will be broken from first to last using the league’s tiebreaker policies.
3. Overall win percentage versus all common conference opponents.
4. Win percentage versus common conference opponents based upon their order of finish (overall conference win percentage) and proceeding through other common conference opponents based upon their conference order of finish.
5. The tied team with the higher ranking by the Team Rating Score metric provided by SportSource Analytics following the conclusion of regular season games.
6. The representative shall be chosen by a draw as administered by the Commissioner or Commissioner’s designee.

Not a vote.

Do y’all remember? Probably many don’t or even think about this game. Why? Because they kept going and have made it. Stop actin a b*tch and being afraid to take an a** whoopin if it comes.View attachment 134067

I don’t see the correlation between that game and Miami guaranteed to get blown out playing a Trevor Lawrence, Travis Etienne led Clemson team??

Advertisement
Back