Best scenario for the season is to avoid playing Clemson again

Advertisement
I don’t see how getting dominated by Clemson again in the ACCCG helps us this season.

Finish the rest of the season undefeated then hope the ACC selects Notre Dame to have them get blown out again by Clemson in the ACCCG.

Then maybe we get another match up against Florida in a non-playoff BCS bowl game. Beat them finish the season 11-1 with a lot of momentum into next season.

Trevor Lawrence and Etienne will be gone which will finally give us a chance to win the ACC next year.

Thoughts?

@Rellyrell

Do you want to post "It smell like ***** in here." picture, or shall I?

Look; I’m critical of my team. I’ve been disappointed in our play at times....with that being said; THIS IS A TOP 10 BETA THREAD!

This is this LBJ era; this AAU era. This, run away from competition era. To be the man, you got to beat the man, and right now, Clemson is the man. Who gives af if we get smoked again; take that and learn & keep learning.

My goodness; we were BUILT on going against the best of the best! What’s happened to this fan base, where they praise mediocrity, make excuse after excuse after excuse for it, & now have the balls to actually make a thread admonishing that we avoid Clemson????

The BOT effect have trickled down to guys I use to be proud to align myself w. @KrazyCane you’ve posted some wild chit on here, but this is legs crossed, beta bull chit here. We need to show we can get to the ACCCG! That’s why the ACC wanted us here; to help build its rep! Smh.

Floor is now yours @TerragonSix

Advertisement
Let's save the fake bravado and brass balls for Alabama in 2021. If we had competed against Clemson and not been blowed out I could see wanting another shot but it's better for the direction of the program to avoid any scenario where we get humiliated a week before NSD.

Please do! Lol!
From Relly's mouth to CanesInsight's ears.

cc.jpg

Advertisement
Op is still correct. If we can somehow grind out 4, maybe 5 wins and possibly get invited to a high-tier bowl while avoiding getting blowed out 6 days before NSD, that's all we can ask for. This season is about making '21 recruits believe that we're ready to compete with Clemson, and the best way to prove it is by avoiding them until 2021.

Last edited:
Look; I’m critical of my team. I’ve been disappointed in our play at times....with that being said; THIS IS A TOP 10 BETA THREAD!

This is this LBJ era; this AAU era. This, run away from competition era. To be the man, you got to beat the man, and right now, Clemson is the man. Who gives af if we get smoked again; take that and learn & keep learning.

My goodness; we were BUILT on going against the best of the best! What’s happened to this fan base, where they praise mediocrity, make excuse after excuse after excuse for it, & now have the balls to actually make a thread admonishing that we avoid Clemson????

The BOT effect have trickled down to guys I use to be proud to align myself w. @KrazyCane you’ve posted some wild chit on here, but this is legs crossed, beta bull chit here. We need to show we can get to the ACCCG! That’s why the ACC wanted us here; to help build its rep! Smh.

Floor is now yours @TerragonSix

Put some respect on Lebron James name.... who ran from competition?? He’s dominated the East and west. He’s dominated in multiple eras of basketball all of which had more talent that that GLeague era that Michael Jordan played in. Jordan would be no better than James Harden without a 3 pointer in this era.

Advertisement
Man, the more I think about this, the better off we are if we avoid Clemson. This season reminds me of 2017. That team was 10-0, ranked #2 in the country at one point, introduced the turnover chain, beat the stuffing out of ND but could not parlay any of that into recruiting success because we face-planted to end the season. That 0-3 finish was all that kids likely remembered. Recruiting is so "what-have-you-done-for-me-lately" we're better off avoiding an L in the ACCCG. This team needs to finish strong and finish the season on a high note so we can parlay that into success on the recruiting trail. I mean, you'd almost rather lose the next 2 but finish the season winning the rest than winning the next 4 and losing to UNC and a bowl game. Perception becomes reality.

Man, the more I think about this, the better off we are if we avoid Clemson. This season reminds me of 2017. That team was 10-0, ranked #2 in the country at one point, introduced the turnover chain, beat the stuffing out of ND but could not parlay any of that into recruiting success because we face-planted to end the season. That 0-3 finish was all that kids likely remembered. Recruiting is so "what-have-you-done-for-me-lately" we're better off avoiding an L in the ACCCG. This team needs to finish strong and finish the season on a high note so we can parlay that into success on the recruiting trail. I mean, you'd almost rather lose the next 2 but finish the season winning the rest than winning the next 4 and losing to UNC and a bowl game. Perception becomes reality.
What about a 31-21 loss to the eventual National Champion?

What about a 31-21 loss to the eventual National Champion?
Sure. But you're watching this team week-in, week out. Do you have any actual reason-not blind fan hope-that we'd actually play them that close, because I don't.

We're 5-1 and it doesn't feel like it. Just like 10-0 and #2 in the country did not provide me any assurance that we were actually a top 5 or even top 10 team.

Advertisement
The best case scenario is for Miami to go to the ACC championship game any and every year there exists the realistic opportunity to do so. That is indisputable. You go and you go and you keep going until you break through and win one and then after that, you keep going. That's just common sense. Why? Because upsets happen. The year that you think Miami SHOULD win the ACC, could be the year that Miami get's upset in that championship game. ALWAYS take every opportunity to get to that game. It's NEVER a bad time to go. SMDH.

If Miami goes this year and loses by 30 but goes back again 5 of the next 8 years after that and wins 4, then nobody will remember the 30 point loss. Miami would have established itself as a PROGRAM with staying power.

Sure. But you're watching this team week-in, week out. Do you have any actual reason-not blind fan hope-that we'd actually play them that close, because I don't.

We're 5-1 and it doesn't feel like it. Just like 10-0 and #2 in the country did not provide me any assurance that we were actually a top 5 or even top 10 team.
I'd expect another 14-21pt loss.
But like Ben said, if win out, there is absolutely no one, even you included, who wouldn't want the rematch.

Just to see our growth

Miami already got blown out vs Clemson in the ACC Championship game in 17 and still earned a berth in the Orange Bowl. That's what you want again if you can't be Clemson. It's exactly what Clemson had to do during their rise. They had to take some lumps but they wouldn't be where they are had they not gone to play in some of those big games and lose the way they did. Miami could have easily won that Wisconsin game by the way.

I'd expect another 14-21pt loss.
But like Ben said, if win out, there is absolutely no one, even you included, who wouldn't want the rematch.

Just to see our growth

I don't disagree with you. Earlier in this thread, I argued that I wanted to play Clemson too. But, I dunno, man. I'm a little shaken after watching Pitt and UVA. This team does not have me confident that we can beat a good team right now. I'm not even confident that we'd play a good team well right now. There's just so many shortcomings. I'm concerned about losing to Clemson and then face-planting in a bowl game and heading into recruiting season on a 2 game losing streak.

Advertisement
Back