Best HS FB Player You PERSONALLY Saw Play

Advertisement
The guy is 3-2 against comparable South Florida schools.

Yeah, quite the *** wiper.

(n)
He does Waaaayyyyyy more...with ALOT less at Apopka....Are you F-ing serious??....LoL....Give him Dade and Broward type talent on a yearly basis...and he'd win multiple State Championships at ANY classification quickly.....Watch his teams (with Far less talent) the last few yrs....He's the Gary Patterson of Fl HS FB....

Advertisement
Spoiler alert; This one didn't end happy. We've all seen similar stories.

I watched a lot of Noel "The Devine One" play over here in SW FL, as two of my three sons played against him - he was really good. We've had some good ones; Deion Sanders (Played at same school, North Ft Myers, as Devine), Sammi Watkins was really good; Trey Burton was a specimen he played at Venice, where our Cane's Center played. Burton threw that TD in the Super Bowl and just threw out the first pitch and sang the National Anthem in Chicago this week.

But the best, and fastest I personally saw, was Mike Bellamy of Charlotte (my youngest was a WR on his teams, so I saw every game he played in HS). Bellamy broke the Florida TD record and would have shattered it, had he played more than 2 quarters in 80% of his games that were blowouts. I think Taylor broke the TD record the next year, but he'd been playing since 8th grade, Bellamy didn't start at RB until half way through his fresh year.

Bellamy won state 100 meter as a junior, was Sporting News High School Athlete of the Year. as a Sr but didn't run track that year. I played with some guys from Belle Glade in college who were running those rabbits down back in the 70s 30 some years before ESPN did the story. They were the fastest humans I ever saw, until this kid. His acceleration from 1st to 4th gear was blinding.

Now he was never a bad kid, never in any trouble with the law but had some other issues. He went to Clemson; first D-1 touch was a 75 yard TD run - had the Clemson folks going nuts. He broke a team "rule" before their bowl game that season, then ended up not taking finals the next semester. Dabo had enough, so he hit a Junior College - first JC touch 65 yard TD. Then away from the limelight, loss interest and fell into obscurity.

Some kids have learning disabilities and regardless of God given talent and a lot of help and attention, just can't get over them.

Desoto ? Or nocatee?

And whats his overall record against S Fl schools??......

Don't know off the top of my head but he fattened up on a lot of Hialeah-Miami Lakes' and North Miami Beach's.

Think about that.

Apopka bussed up a bunch of scrubs to Central Florida probably so their fans could have posted exactly what you did.

Was at the Columbus apopka state game a few years back. Fun game to watch. Apopka won by a td I think

Yeah, he won two state championships against Columbus and Cypress Bay (two programs in which he didn't suffer from a talent deficit) in razor close games.

He's 1-2 against Northwestern, South Dade and American Heritage.

So a decidedly mixed bag.

Far from an *** wiping.

Advertisement
Nickell Robey. Now Robey-Coleman. He juked the **** out of me on KR a few times. Vince Williams. Karlos Williams.
One of my best friends dad lived in the same neighborhood as Nickell in frostproof. We use visit and chill out their a lot. Nickell was/is a good kid. Never let himself get caught up with the bs the rest of the kids in the neighborhood was into

One of my best friends dad lived in the same neighborhood as Nickell in frostproof. We use visit and chill out their a lot. Nickell was/is a good kid. Never let himself get caught up with the bs the rest of the kids in the neighborhood was into

That's tight! And consistent with what I heard. I vividly remember his head coach saying "he could play on sundays" at a 7 on 7.

Proud he made it out of there. You know it's shaky odds from that side of Polk.

That's tight! And consistent with what I heard. I vividly remember his head coach saying "he could play on sundays" at a 7 on 7.

Proud he made it out of there. You know it's shaky odds from that side of Polk.
Frostproof had another kid on that team was a beast. #5, Eddie Brown. He didn't make it out though.

If you seen Vince and Karlos, then you have seen Mike James in hs.

SMH...and to think Shannon never offered Robey.

Advertisement
Frostproof had another kid on that team was a beast. #5, Eddie Brown. He didn't make it out though.

If you seen Vince and Karlos, then you have seen Mike James in hs.

And Carlton Thomas.

But how could I forget. He was the first Varsity receiver that I saw at a 7 on 7 (I played for Lake Region btw). I questioned my future at that moment. He was 220 pounds even then. Me and pops saw him at Eagle Ridge right after spring practice. Literally a life long fan of the guy.

Now, I relate to Mike James on another level. The fight against opiates and advocacy of Ganja. Once you have someone in your family get hooked, whose "dealer" is the doctor... that's what made me look at things differently. So too with MJ and the NFL.

Yeah, he won two state championships against Columbus and Cypress Bay (two programs in which he didn't suffer from a talent deficit) in razor close games.

He's 1-2 against Northwestern, South Dade and American Heritage.

So a decidedly mixed bag.

Far from an *** wiping.

He also won a State Championship vs MNW in 01'.

The guy can coach, but He's always come off as a bit of an @$$hole to me...I know He definitely doesn't like UM.

Advertisement
I dont really live near any big time football areas, but the best player I've seen personally was Mike hart..his game against my school in states (I think it was 2001..) was ******* insane.

Jarron Jones and Quentin Gause are the next 2 for me

SMH...and to think Shannon never offered Robey.
Speaking of; One Saturday me and my friend ride out to his dads house in frostproof. We are hanging out at the park with some other dudes from the neighborhood. Nickell shows up a lil later because he was at uf spring game. We all talk about some of his choices and I asked him about Miami, and he claimed our coaches thought he was to frail. They were holding off to see if he gained some more weight.

He also won a State Championship vs MNW in 01'.

Yeah, I mentioned that.

An overrated Northwestern team though. In fact, one of the most overrated and mythologized teams in history. Mainly because of Taurean Charles and Year of the Bull.

That team was not particularly great.

And Carlton Thomas.

But how could I forget. He was the first Varsity receiver that I saw at a 7 on 7 (I played for Lake Region btw). I questioned my future at that moment. He was 220 pounds even then. Me and pops saw him at Eagle Ridge right after spring practice. Literally a life long fan of the guy.

Now, I relate to Mike James on another level. The fight against opiates and advocacy of Ganja. Once you have someone in your family get hooked, whose "dealer" is the doctor... that's what made me look at things differently. So too with MJ and the NFL.
Lol Had a cousin the played some DB for Kathleen. I watched Mike James run him slap over and keep it moving like nothing was their on his way to a 70 yard td run...

Advertisement
Back