Best Facilities in the Country According to Recruits?

If Miami wants a new baseball stadium 2 miles off main campus and drop Mark Light, which is exactly what Florida did, then that would open up space on main campus. The new Florida football facility is exactly where the old baseball stadium was. Florida is a land grant university with a ****load of space. But that is not happening, and it is not needed.

Miami has to work within the construct of what it is with its current real estate unless it wants to build up.

Nobody is arguing that the locker room, weight training area, and dining facility do not need to be updated in parallel with the big programs, but to argue Miami's facilities are ****** is just not true. I toured quite a few universities in the last 5 years. We cannot build Taj Mahal's like the big programs, but we can build comparable, but smaller scale versions. For instance, Soffer is very nice, just smaller. A big argument and almost primary is we do not have an on campus stadium, with it is a bunch of facilities in the outer side of the stadium. Go to LSU or Colorado which are pretty **** impressive how they integrated both. So the argument for an off campus stadium has merit, not because it would draw more fans, it won't, but Miami can leverage it as its own and have anciliary facilities that can be state of the art.

I actually screenshot and marked up a satellite pic in another thread a couple of months ago. There are things, things that can be done. There is some decent space between the IFP and the BUC that could be built on. You would displace a little bit of parking that could be reclaimed on the other side of the BUC with another multi-level garage. So I think there is room for another major football facility there that could connect right into the IFP.

I also think you're onto something with moving baseball, though this is definitely a flier. Or even the tennis... either one to the field just past Pearson/Mahoney. Honestly ML/ARP is an independent facility that really does not need to be near the Hecht. They have their own offices, weight rooms, etc. Moving baseball or tennis (you'd add locker rooms and a clubhouse for tennis) over to the other side of campus would free up a ton of space to do whatever you want for football.

Just saying if there is enough money, there is space to get some major stuff done.

Advertisement
It's a hard comparison to make if you only survey football players, as we do not have an on-campus stadium. If you were to ask basketball players or baseball players, we might come out a bit better.

We just have to max what we have. And when the new-new dorms open across the lake from the regular-new dorms, we might start to get a few more mentions.
Wow, there are even more new dorms coming? The campus has been transformed, especially the area around the lake. It looks so different from when I was roaming campus in the early 2000’s.

No one is saying facilities don't matter. Its just not on the level of importance yall trying to make cuz Dabo and Saban talking about it. They are two psychopaths, obsessed with dominance simple as f ing that. Yall think this is some new phenomenon between us and them, that just recently happened. Where you think the 2001 team was playing? U think they were on equal footing and then the university got left behind? They were always behind. It matters but kids are not choosing schools or not on the balance of this. Sorry. Most of these kids see them and they all meld into one fpr them when you consider where they come from alot of times. I came from Jamaica and people was like oh this is the hood, the ghetto...i was like, are you sure? Cuz i seen ghettos. It just doesnt make much difference.
Jackson state must have some awesome facilities if the cis facility dudes are correct.

Advertisement
How’s business brotha?
Took a big hit from covid but has started to bounce back recently. Just signed Lucky Whitehead to the highest paid WR contract in the CFL and got a contract offer today from Edmonton for Jhavonte Dean.

In this class I'm representing All-American WR Deven Thompkins who had 1,700 yards at Utah State. LB JJ Russell from Memphis who was 4th nationally in solo tackles and then QB Cole Johnson who was an FCS All-American at James Madison and had 41 TDs to 4 INTs

Granted I’m old, but my senior year I had 6 teammates who signed D1 and not a single one of them ever mentioned “facilities”. Main concerns playing time, depth chart, winning program/team, proximity to home.

Took a big hit from covid but has started to bounce back recently. Just signed Lucky Whitehead to the highest paid WR contract in the CFL and got a contract offer today from Edmonton for Jhavonte Dean.

In this class I'm representing All-American WR Deven Thompkins who had 1,700 yards at Utah State. LB JJ Russell from Memphis who was 4th nationally in solo tackles and then QB Cole Johnson who was an FCS All-American at James Madison and had 41 TDs to 4 INTs
Wow, there is a name I haven't heard in a long time. Lucky played at Osbourn High School in Manassas, VA when they were really good. He played wingback in single wing. Lightening quick kid.

Granted I’m old, but my senior year I had 6 teammates who signed D1 and not a single one of them ever mentioned “facilities”. Main concerns playing time, depth chart, winning program/team, proximity to home.

B/c “facilities” weren’t a thing then. But those main concerns are still the main concerns today.

Advertisement
Jackson state must have some awesome facilities if the cis facility dudes are correct.
Precisely. And yet when kids switch to Miami is when they visit. Even if they don't commit, they always get enamored. People make all kinda excuse except to realize our recruiting apparatus was crap. Under manned and underfunded

Northwestern has the best facilities in the country, and it's not even remotely close actually. Iowa probably has the second best facilities in the Big Ten (behind Northwestern), but nobody would really know about either because none of the top recruits visit there.
Northwestern has a RESORT.

Distancia Da Tv GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Our facilities are beyond bad when talking about the lockerroom/ player lounge area specifically. There are a number of highschool teams who have a better lockerroom than Miami. Can’t wait until they fix that and the training room area and then Miami is in business. Weight room needs to be looked at still too
The locker room and lounge is just so mid 2000s. Still have wooden lockers.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back