Best Facilities in the Country According to Recruits?

Advertisement
In that Andy Staple interview he touched on that about UF. Said Spurrier said they didnt need it and after he left they just kept rocking with that mindset.. They have a new facility they are building now to be opened next year I think..

Also mentioned how Jimbo made request of FSU and when they balked, he bounced.. (been mentioned plenty times before)

Also said Feld would most likely have a list of request for the AD because thats what happened at UO, even so far as to build his own equipment until they got what he needed..
Jimbos wife bounced too

Much of life is simply process of elimination. We endeavor to accumulate liquid assets so that we don't have to do things we hate every god **** day for the rest of our lives.

Recruiting is the lifeblood of any CFB program. As part of the process, programs must eliminate any knocks against them. Facilities are a potential negative. So, eliminate the negative. Don't give anyone a reason not to choose you.

From a 247 article, they asked recruits at the All-American Bowl game the other weekend what they thought the top facilities in the country were. They anonymously polled a total of 88 recruits and some voted for mulitple schools.

To no one's surprise the top programs were there Oregon, Georgia, Notre Dame, Bama, Ohio State, Clemson, etc. Some surprising programs received votes though: Purdue, Air Force, Washington State, Illinois, and others.

This shouldn't shock anyone but Miami did not receive a single vote. What was funny to me is guess who else didn't receive a single vote? Yup. You guessed it.

UF and FSU.

So for all the **** we get from their fans about how crappy our facilities are it's pretty amazing to see recruits think their facilities are pretty sh*tty too. Big difference is we've now got some heavy hitters and an elite AD that will be leading the way in getting us on level footing with our competition. Looking forward to see the improvements in the coming years.

It's a hard comparison to make if you only survey football players, as we do not have an on-campus stadium. If you were to ask basketball players or baseball players, we might come out a bit better.

We just have to max what we have. And when the new-new dorms open across the lake from the regular-new dorms, we might start to get a few more mentions.

UF’s facilities are a complete dump.

Clemson, Oregon & UGA basically have a theme park for their facilities.

And luckily for us, our new AD was the guy who over-sought & made Clemson’s extravagant facility upgrades happen.
Mario actually idd speak about our facilities in a interview and how it needed to be upgraded which pretty much torpedos anyones our facilities are nice argument. they're fine but they're not what you see elsewhere but they'll get there soon enough

Advertisement
In that Andy Staple interview he touched on that about UF. Said Spurrier said they didnt need it and after he left they just kept rocking with that mindset.. They have a new facility they are building now to be opened next year I think..

Also mentioned how Jimbo made request of FSU and when they balked, he bounced.. (been mentioned plenty times before)

Also said Feld would most likely have a list of request for the AD because thats what happened at UO, even so far as to build his own equipment until they got what he needed..
shark ****** and mullen both complained about t he facilities and begged UF to pour money into it. they knew. I think shark tooth got the IPF while he was there and UF is set to modernize their **** which was a result of mullet *****ign

Wonder how Mario feels about the contrast between Oregon's palatial digs to what we have, and what he might start lobbying for.

Brock and @Rellyrell

I believe there is a difference between facilities "don't matter" vs "good enough and shades of grey".

Certainly our Canes can't expect a good image by practicing on a broken lawn and rocks chuch softball field.

At the same token, just because Bama or whoever builds the Taj Mahal, doesn't necessarily drive Miami to build the Great Pyramids to win the hearts amd minds of recruits.

I will say, I don't know what is good enough, but chairs made by Ferrari seems a bit much.

Understood; and I agree. No kid is choosing one school over another b/c one has Italian leather seats & other has cloth. But just remember, amenities at facilities play a role in player development, as well. But I get ur position

Last edited:
I think the poll is rather meaningless. It's completely flawed.

88 players are not visiting every D-1 campus. These are the elite players that have seen only a handful of schools. There's no way to conduct this survey without each player either visiting every school or every player surveyed visiting the same school and only those schools are presented will full disclosure.

What would have been more insightful is a survey of how much the Athletic facilities influence their recruiting decisions. They could have them rank the order of importance in their recruiting such as:

1. Education.
2. Playing time
3. NIL $$
4. Proximity to home
5. Position coach or head coach.
6. Winning program.
7. Facilities.
The poll asked the best from which probably 90% of the 88 surveyed had zero interest playing for Diaz. Also, we have posters coming to the conclusion ours are ******.

Advertisement
If Miami wants a new baseball stadium 2 miles off main campus and drop Mark Light, which is exactly what Florida did, then that would open up space on main campus. The new Florida football facility is exactly where the old baseball stadium was. Florida is a land grant university with a ****load of space. But that is not happening, and it is not needed.

Miami has to work within the construct of what it is with its current real estate unless it wants to build up.

Nobody is arguing that the locker room, weight training area, and dining facility do not need to be updated in parallel with the big programs, but to argue Miami's facilities are ****** is just not true. I toured quite a few universities in the last 5 years. We cannot build Taj Mahal's like the big programs, but we can build comparable, but smaller scale versions. For instance, Soffer is very nice, just smaller. A big argument and almost primary is we do not have an on campus stadium, with it is a bunch of facilities in the outer side of the stadium. Go to LSU or Colorado which are pretty **** impressive how they integrated both. So the argument for an off campus stadium has merit, not because it would draw more fans, it won't, but Miami can leverage it as its own and have anciliary facilities that can be state of the art.

No, they are definitely not that. But w/ Miami being such a beautiful campus, again, a face lift can be done.

No, they are definitely not that. But w/ Miami being such a beautiful campus, again, a face lift can be done.
Yes, we all agree on that. But we have porsters who have never stepped foot on campus but they are willing to drain Lake Osceola and put in a campus stadium. Osceola is the ******* heart of that campus. That and its magnificent trees.

No one is saying facilities don't matter. Its just not on the level of importance yall trying to make cuz Dabo and Saban talking about it. They are two psychopaths, obsessed with dominance simple as f ing that. Yall think this is some new phenomenon between us and them, that just recently happened. Where you think the 2001 team was playing? U think they were on equal footing and then the university got left behind? They were always behind. It matters but kids are not choosing schools or not on the balance of this. Sorry. Most of these kids see them and they all meld into one fpr them when you consider where they come from alot of times. I came from Jamaica and people was like oh this is the hood, the ghetto...i was like, are you sure? Cuz i seen ghettos. It just doesnt make much difference.

Brethren, I get where u’re coming from, but bro in 2001, no one was talking facilities. We were all on equal playing field except for an amenity here & there.

Long story short, when the arms race began, we refused to join. There’s a reason Richt made sure an IPF was a priority. Our problem w/ most everything was we were trying to use the 80’s-early 2000 excuses & not evolve. By the time we finally got our IPF, other schools were way past that stage.

We don’t have the campus size to have all what Bama, OSU, etc have, but we’re in Miami bro…one of the most bright, unique cities in America. We stopped investing in ourselves & now r playing catch up by 10 yrs. It’s OK, b/c we have a coach exposed to both Bama & UO, & the architect of one of the best facilities at Clemson now as our AD.

Advertisement
Yes, we all agree on that. But we have porsters who have never stepped foot on campus but they are willing to drain Lake Osceola and put in a campus stadium. Osceola is the ******* heart of that campus. That and its magnificent trees.

Yeah; and it’s a beautiful & attractive part of the campus. U HAVE to keep the Lake…unless it becomes apart of the Discovery ID channel for missing persons. Lol.

Northwestern has the best facilities in the country, and it's not even remotely close actually. Iowa probably has the second best facilities in the Big Ten (behind Northwestern), but nobody would really know about either because none of the top recruits visit there.

Yeah; and it’s a beautiful & attractive part of the campus. U HAVE to keep the Lake…unless it becomes apart of the Discovery ID channel for missing persons. Lol.
Rell the hours I spent by that Lake drinking beer, hanging, and trying to seduce women by moonlight makes me get reminiscent for a lot of things.
It is the most iconic part of our U, and should always be part of our DNA..
Keep it, don't change it, and enjoy the **** out of it.!!.

Oh by the way............. if that Lake was drained............... who the **** knows what it would dredge up?........leave her alone, everything is just fine.

Advertisement
Facilities are now a big deal wherever you go. Yeah the players are only a quick drive from the beach, but most of the time they're attending a university will be spent in the facility where they practice/work out/watch film/eat/hang out. I forget where I heard it from, but I remember a podcast saying that besides recruiting, the reason these lavish facilities are built is so the players don't feel the need to go anywhere else. Video games? We have those in the hang out room. Food? Cafeteria downstairs in the facility. Haircut? Barber is on the 2nd floor. The less you feel compelled to leave the facility, is the more you stay and put more work in, which is all they're about.

This aint 2001 where the kids were happy with their little cubby and just playing with a bunch of other dogs. They want the vented locker with the wireless charger and the digital nameplate with the napping pod (I watch a lot of facility videos on YouTube lol). But my main point is, facilities do matter to these kids.
Interesting. Sounds like these programs are copying tech companies like Google and Apple. From what I understand, the Googleplex and Apple Park have so many conveniences and amenities that workers can practically live on campus.

The poll asked the best from which probably 90% of the 88 surveyed had zero interest playing for Diaz. Also, we have posters coming to the conclusion ours are ******.
UM has really good facilities. When it comes down to it, what does UM not have which other schools do that really matters?

I don't think the facilities matter unless they are lacking the tools to develop the athletes. Like I said earlier, I think the things that Clemson has are just eye candy. Maybe that seals the deal or at least get recruits to visit, but winning and development are what matters most. Now, NIL money is a big factor.

The point of this thread was to just give @TrumpyCane some Twitter ammo in case FSU or UF fans are ever rag on us about our facilities.

Can’t we all just be friends?
GIF by Giphy QA

Advertisement
Back