Best Facilities in the Country According to Recruits?

Didn't they just remodel the locker rooms and lounge?

Advertisement
The Purdue weight room is one of the best I've seen. In my opinion Colorado has one of the best combinations of indoor field, weight room, and stadium in the country.
Yes, I've toured Boulder. Like most land grant universities, they have enough real estate to do pretty much whatever they want to do from a facilities perspective.

In that Andy Staple interview he touched on that about UF. Said Spurrier said they didnt need it and after he left they just kept rocking with that mindset.. They have a new facility they are building now to be opened next year I think..

Also mentioned how Jimbo made request of FSU and when they balked, he bounced.. (been mentioned plenty times before)

Also said Feld would most likely have a list of request for the AD because thats what happened at UO, even so far as to build his own equipment until they got what he needed..
Lots of construction here on university / 13rh. I stay as far away from campus as possible, one students think cars are invisible , traffic and I’ll likely rear end somebody looking at ***.

I hate The facilities don’t matter crowd, it absolutely does in this day and age. If nick saban, dabo swinney understand that it does then you better believe that Miami has to get with the program in that aspect

Bingo...Bama has some of the best facilities in the country and yet Saban is still complaining to boosters they need better facilities. If Saban is pushing so hard then they definitely matter

**** no, that was back in what 2011 or something ? Teams have reconstructed and remodeled their weight room/player lounges 3-4 times since then, we haven’t though

Advertisement
**** no, that was back in what 2011 or something ? Teams have reconstructed and remodeled their weight room/player lounges 3-4 times since then, we haven’t though
Jeez, time flies.

I love my bros, but they are stuck in the 80’s/90’s mentalities.

There’s a whole exposé on how UO changed the landscape of CFB w/ facilities & uniforms. The point was other programs took notice of how kids became attracted to this, and thus, an arms race began. Like u mentioned, these top programs absolutely invest in facilities b/c obviously they know it matters. Winning & coaching matters most, of course, but if program A has a great coach & is winner, and program B has a great coach & a winner, a minute factor like facilities “can & have” played a role in pushing kids to one program over the over.
If Miami wants a new baseball stadium 2 miles off main campus and drop Mark Light, which is exactly what Florida did, then that would open up space on main campus. The new Florida football facility is exactly where the old baseball stadium was. Florida is a land grant university with a ****load of space. But that is not happening, and it is not needed.

Miami has to work within the construct of what it is with its current real estate unless it wants to build up.

Nobody is arguing that the locker room, weight training area, and dining facility do not need to be updated in parallel with the big programs, but to argue Miami's facilities are ****** is just not true. I toured quite a few universities in the last 5 years. We cannot build Taj Mahal's like the big programs, but we can build comparable, but smaller scale versions. For instance, Soffer is very nice, just smaller. A big argument and almost primary is we do not have an on campus stadium, with it is a bunch of facilities in the outer side of the stadium. Go to LSU or Colorado which are pretty **** impressive how they integrated both. So the argument for an off campus stadium has merit, not because it would draw more fans, it won't, but Miami can leverage it as its own and have anciliary facilities that can be state of the art.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The USAFA campus is stunning, especially on clear winter days with snow on the ground. Everything is built on "the 5 fingers" (ridges) or the valleys in-between. To the West, everything is backed up to the front range almost like the Wall from Game of Thrones. The Architecture and layout is symettrical and mathematical. The cadet gyms are beyond top notch as are the athlete's facilities.

Not a four seasons kinda place though as even in the Summer there is still lots of browns and Fall is all brown really (basically high plateau).

I've heard USNA and USMC are also nice, just my time at those locations was extremely limited.

Again, the military academies aren't recruiting the same athletes as the D1P5 schools for several and very good reasons.
I can see the AFA from my bedroom window. Well said.

What the poll should have asked is: How much does the football facility play in your recruitment?

I don't think it plays as big of a role as people think. There are so many other factors ahead of the facilities such as: winning program, playing time, development, education.

As long as a school has what the athlete needs to develop, all that other stuff is just eye candy.

Would it really come down to a recruit choosing Clemson over Miami because they have a slide from their meeting rooms? Come on.

From a 247 article, they asked recruits at the All-American Bowl game the other weekend what they thought the top facilities in the country were. They anonymously polled a total of 88 recruits and some voted for mulitple schools.

To no one's surprise the top programs were there Oregon, Georgia, Notre Dame, Bama, Ohio State, Clemson, etc. Some surprising programs received votes though: Purdue, Air Force, Washington State, Illinois, and others.

This shouldn't shock anyone but Miami did not receive a single vote. What was funny to me is guess who else didn't receive a single vote? Yup. You guessed it.

UF and FSU.

So for all the **** we get from their fans about how crappy our facilities are it's pretty amazing to see recruits think their facilities are pretty sh*tty too. Big difference is we've now got some heavy hitters and an elite AD that will be leading the way in getting us on level footing with our competition. Looking forward to see the improvements in the coming years.
I think the poll is rather meaningless. It's completely flawed.

88 players are not visiting every D-1 campus. These are the elite players that have seen only a handful of schools. There's no way to conduct this survey without each player either visiting every school or every player surveyed visiting the same school and only those schools are presented will full disclosure.

What would have been more insightful is a survey of how much the Athletic facilities influence their recruiting decisions. They could have them rank the order of importance in their recruiting such as:

1. Education.
2. Playing time
3. NIL $$
4. Proximity to home
5. Position coach or head coach.
6. Winning program.
7. Facilities.

From a 247 article, they asked recruits at the All-American Bowl game the other weekend what they thought the top facilities in the country were. They anonymously polled a total of 88 recruits and some voted for mulitple schools.

To no one's surprise the top programs were there Oregon, Georgia, Notre Dame, Bama, Ohio State, Clemson, etc. Some surprising programs received votes though: Purdue, Air Force, Washington State, Illinois, and others.

This shouldn't shock anyone but Miami did not receive a single vote. What was funny to me is guess who else didn't receive a single vote? Yup. You guessed it.

UF and FSU.

So for all the **** we get from their fans about how crappy our facilities are it's pretty amazing to see recruits think their facilities are pretty sh*tty too. Big difference is we've now got some heavy hitters and an elite AD that will be leading the way in getting us on level footing with our competition. Looking forward to see the improvements in the coming years.
Oregons facilities are nuts but that shouldnt be a surprise.

Advertisement
No. Through the AD Society Fund, they raised about $3.5 mm for a new locker room. They raised it quickly and got the Dolphins to donate pods (like 25-30) which are like little capsules (whatever the **** they do - all the NFL teams and some SEC teams like LSU have them). Apparently Rad and Mario said that was not enough. And email went out to AD Society members and Golden Canes last week, saying they want to raise $10 mm in total for both the locker room AND weight room. Fwiw

Oregon has 0.00 national titles.
Notre dame’s last national ****le was……
Top programs that know how to spend and where to spend it understand facilities are important.
But 245 on the bench is the same everywhere.
350 on the squat rack is as well.
Imo the dorms are way more important than some spa recovery room.
Some nfl teams still have metal bath tubs.
You give someone a good place to sleep and chill and provide them with good competition and coaching and they will come.

Northwestern just made a beautiful upgrade. And imo should’ve been mentioned but not a lot of dudes at the AA game visited northwestern. If any at all.

They ain’t gonna win sht either.

Yes it’s important but it doesn’t have to be the **** 4 seasons Lanai to get a natty.

Imo the new dorms are legit AF.
Now get the locker room rolling and we’re cooking. Get good coaching win games and get dudes drafted and we’re good. The facilities are good enough and dudes want to come. Now we just foots out in the field.

This has been talked about before and it’s a bs negative recruiting strategy.

Advertisement
I hate The facilities don’t matter crowd, it absolutely does in this day and age. If nick saban, dabo swinney understand that it does then you better believe that Miami has to get with the program in that aspect
Brock and @Rellyrell

I believe there is a difference between facilities "don't matter" vs "good enough and shades of grey".

Certainly our Canes can't expect a good image by practicing on a broken lawn and rocks chuch softball field.

At the same token, just because Bama or whoever builds the Taj Mahal, doesn't necessarily drive Miami to build the Great Pyramids to win the hearts amd minds of recruits.

I will say, I don't know what is good enough, but chairs made by Ferrari seems a bit much.

No one is saying facilities don't matter. Its just not on the level of importance yall trying to make cuz Dabo and Saban talking about it. They are two psychopaths, obsessed with dominance simple as f ing that. Yall think this is some new phenomenon between us and them, that just recently happened. Where you think the 2001 team was playing? U think they were on equal footing and then the university got left behind? They were always behind. It matters but kids are not choosing schools or not on the balance of this. Sorry. Most of these kids see them and they all meld into one fpr them when you consider where they come from alot of times. I came from Jamaica and people was like oh this is the hood, the ghetto...i was like, are you sure? Cuz i seen ghettos. It just doesnt make much difference.

Advertisement
Back