Berrios released from Jets, signed with Dolphins

They did get a ring out of it and will be rebuilding for awhile now with very little draft capital. Congrats. But just because you say the cap doesn’t exist doesn’t mean it’s true. Only the franchises capable of cash over cap can manipulate the cap and that’s not many.

If your method of operating is selling your soul by playing a risky game of cash over cap have at it. It’s a very dangerous game. Luckily my eagles do things the smart way , build through the draft , add picks with good trades then add some free agents here and there. Regardless if it’s one ring in 17 or more to come I’ll have a good team to watch going forward.
Easy for you to say that you've seen your team win a Super Bowl. People used to joke about the cubs and Red Sox not winning for a century - and that was in eras where for most of the time there were less than 20 teams. Now with each major league having 30 or more teams there are likely going to be multiple teams per sport hitting that century club let alone the half century club. Since anything in the nfl better than once every 32 years is outperforming the statistical norm, selling your soul for one ring is worth it, even getting back under the salary cap with room can be reset once you blow it in a few years. I haven’t seen my team in the Super Bowl in my lifetime, let alone win it. They can sell two souls for all I care. I’ll worry about losing again after.

Last edited:
Advertisement
They did get a ring out of it and will be rebuilding for awhile now with very little draft capital. Congrats. But just because you say the cap doesn’t exist doesn’t mean it’s true. Only the franchises capable of cash over cap can manipulate the cap and that’s not many.

If your method of operating is selling your soul by playing a risky game of cash over cap have at it. It’s a very dangerous game. Luckily my eagles do things the smart way , build through the draft , add picks with good trades then add some free agents here and there. Regardless if it’s one ring in 17 or more to come I’ll have a good team to watch going forward.

The Eagles were in "salary cap ****" two years ago...had the most dead cap in the league ($20M more than the Rams have now) tied into only a few players (Wentz, Ertz, Jackson, and Jeffrey) and were back in the Super Bowl two years later. And they did so with the salary cap tricks a lot of teams use...veteran cuts (see above), restructuring deals and adding voidable years to current and future deals. Sure, everyone has to pay the piper...but its not that serious, especially if you've got a good, savvy GM (like the Eagles do). I believe the Eagles STILL have the most dead cap in the NFL or at least did at the end of last season.

The Eagles were in "salary cap ****" two years ago...had the most dead cap in the league ($20M more than the Rams have now) tied into only a few players (Wentz, Ertz, Jackson, and Jeffrey) and were back in the Super Bowl two years later. And they did so with the salary cap tricks a lot of teams use...veteran cuts (see above), restructuring deals and adding voidable years to current and future deals. Sure, everyone has to pay the piper...but its not that serious, especially if you've got a good, savvy GM (like the Eagles do). I believe the Eagles STILL have the most dead cap in the NFL or at least did at the end of last season.
He knows this, I think cribby is a eagles fan, he just tryna keep the eagles up hoping everyone else penny pinches, LMAOO... PAY THAT MAN!

Easy for you to say that you've seen your team win a Super Bowl. People used to joke about the cubs and Red Sox not winning for a century - and that was in eras where for most of the time there were less than 20 teams. Now with each major league having 30 or more teams there are likely going to be multiple teams per sport hitting that century club let alone the half century club. Since anything in the nfl better than once every 32 years is outperforming the statistical norm, selling your soul for one ring is worth it, it even the salary cap can be reset once you blow it in a few years. I haven’t seen my team in the Super Bowl in my lifetime, let alone win it. They can sell two souls for all I care. I’ll worry about losing again after.
I went through a lifetime of being an Eagles and Sox fan, so if anybody knows the pain of not winning it’s me. The Eagles went to five straight NFC title games and lost four, then a SB. I’d much rather my team be well ran and always have me in the conversation , rather than to sell out irresponsibly for the hope of the stars aligning one year.

Everything broke right for the Rams to get that ring. Mix that with giving away their draft capital , signing bad deals and selling their future just to have a chance is beyond crazy. It’s the exception not the rule. As I said good luck going that route lol, go play the lottery every night while you’re at it. The Rams are your 1 in a million so it can definitely happen again. Now enjoy that ring the next 5-10 years Rams fans.

All that said the cap is very much real. No matter how many times people tell themselves it’s not.

Cap **** is just fine if you have draft capital and make good trades. You can get out of it unless you sign bad deals. Which we easily did.

Once again I’m not the guy lying saying the cap doesn’t exist lol. That’s the whole point.
the NFL cap isnt like the nBA cap where there is a very real hardline. teams find a way to manipulate every single season to free up space to make moves whether its by cutting guys (which are expendable outside of a very few number of guys on each team or restructuring other deals (saints did this w jordan and kamara who matter the most on that roster). so is there hyperbole yes but come on with this NFL cap is very serious hardline which it isnt at all.

Advertisement
the NFL cap isnt like the nBA cap where there is a very real hardline. teams find a way to manipulate every single season to free up space to make moves whether its by cutting guys (which are expendable outside of a very few number of guys on each team or restructuring other deals (saints did this w jordan and kamara who matter the most on that roster). so is there hyperbole yes but come on with this NFL cap is very serious hardline which it isnt at all.
It’s not like the nba but it’s very much real . Just because you can manipulate more than other leagues doesn’t mean it’s not real. It’s very real.

It’s not like the nba but it’s very much real . Just because you can manipulate more than other leagues doesn’t mean it’s not real. It’s very real.
eh agree to disagree on how real it is. by manipulating the **** out of it each year, its not as dire as youre making out to be with your comments on it. i obviously exaggerated but i think youre doing the same here. anyways agree to disagree (FWIW, my friend works for the eagles (he was on their team flight for the SB on their charter with the players families).

eh agree to disagree on how real it is. by manipulating the **** out of it each year, its not as dire as youre making out to be with your comments on it. i obviously exaggerated but i think youre doing the same here. anyways agree to disagree (FWIW, my friend works for the eagles (he was on their team flight for the SB on their charter with the players families).
Agree to disagree on a fact? Ok, I guess we will lol.

I went through a lifetime of being an Eagles and Sox fan, so if anybody knows the pain of not winning it’s me. The Eagles went to five straight NFC title games and lost four, then a SB. I’d much rather my team be well ran and always have me in the conversation , rather than to sell out irresponsibly for the hope of the stars aligning one year.

Everything broke right for the Rams to get that ring. Mix that with giving away their draft capital , signing bad deals and selling their future just to have a chance is beyond crazy. It’s the exception not the rule. As I said good luck going that route lol, go play the lottery every night while you’re at it. The Rams are your 1 in a million so it can definitely happen again. Now enjoy that ring the next 5-10 years Rams fans.

All that said the cap is very much real. No matter how many times people tell themselves it’s not.
There are very few times I disagree with you here but as a rams are my back up team fan living in la, I’m totally content having actually won something once than my other existence.

Advertisement
There are very few times I disagree with you here but as a rams are my back up team fan living in la, I’m totally content having actually won something once then my other existence.
I’m not. I don’t want to throw all my hope at a ring in a bunch of freak occurrences , signings / trades , throwing draft picks / future in the trash , playing a very risky game of cash over cap just to have a SB Hail Mary chance. Luckily for the Rams the stars aligned but good luck at that method for the other 31 teams. The crap stuck so congrats.

Advertisement
Cap **** is just fine if you have draft capital and make good trades. You can get out of it unless you sign bad deals. Which we easily did.
If you have a good GM none of this salary cap discussion has any merit, IMO.

"The salary cap doesn't exist" is just a overstatement for how easy it is for teams to manipulate the cap and kick the can down the road and recover - the extent of which is determined by how good your GM is.

If you have a good GM none of this salary cap discussion has any merit, IMO.

"The salary cap doesn't exist" is just a overstatement for how easy it is for teams to manipulate the cap and kick the can down the road and recover - the extent of which is determined by how good your GM is.
This is the middle ground I can agree with you on. What the Rams did was irresponsible and flat out dumb on so many levels but the squirrel found a nut. Now they’re f’d. But if you have a very savvy GM you can manipulate the cap like Howie has in Philly. Don’t sign bad contracts , meaning you have tradable assets like a Wentz ( at the time) , keep draft capital and there‘ll be wiggle room to dance around the gap. I still believe the cash over cap route is blatantly irresponsible and not worth the long term risk / reward percentages.

08EC81BF-7BFE-4B11-8701-6872B6F0444F.gif

Advertisement
Easy for you to say that you've seen your team win a Super Bowl. People used to joke about the cubs and Red Sox not winning for a century - and that was in eras where for most of the time there were less than 20 teams. Now with each major league having 30 or more teams there are likely going to be multiple teams per sport hitting that century club let alone the half century club. Since anything in the nfl better than once every 32 years is outperforming the statistical norm, selling your soul for one ring is worth it, even getting back under the salary cap with room can be reset once you blow it in a few years. I haven’t seen my team in the Super Bowl in my lifetime, let alone win it. They can sell two souls for all I care. I’ll worry about losing again after.
It still doesn't mean that the cap is fake. A restructure only means you are pushing dead money into the future, the bill will still hit.

They sold their soul, yes, but the mere fact that you cannot maintain that spending demonstrates that the cap is not fake.

I am watching the Bucs try to stay relevant right now. Brady costs us $30M in dead money this year, so we are stuck with Kyle Trask as QB for this year. Hopefully, the sell your soul plan will hurt for only one or two years..................................

It still doesn't mean that the cap is fake. A restructure only means you are pushing dead money into the future, the bill will still hit.

They sold their soul, yes, but the mere fact that you cannot maintain that spending demonstrates that the cap is not fake.
Even New England, who outmaneuvered the salary cap for 20 years, got their bill in 2020, when they had absolutely no money left to even attempt to get Brady to sign a contract.

I am watching the Bucs try to stay relevant right now. Brady costs us $30M in dead money this year, so we are stuck with Kyle Trask as QB for this year. Hopefully, the sell your soul plan will hurt for only one or two years..................................
And Baker Mayfield

Advertisement
Back