Berrios released from Jets, signed with Dolphins

Berrios has made approximately $10M playing (plus any endorsements, investment income, or other ancillary revenue) and has qualified for an NFL pension. Not bad for a 5'9" 6th round draft pick. Barring any stupidity, he will never have to worry about money. Of course he isn't done earning in football and/or whatever he does next in life.

Congrats to a great Cane. Keep grinding and have a great season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He'll find a home and keep collecting a check.

u hands college football GIF by Miami Hurricanes
Welcome back to Miami and Joe Robbie Stadium!!

Slay got a 2 year extension so eagles got him for 3 more years
I see the report is updated. Earlier today it sounded like a one year deal was the likely outcome. Two years is pushing it though , that’s the absolute most I’d done. I’m intrigued to see how a second year does with the cap hit. The one year was 17 million but 26 million cap hit.

Advertisement
Berrios has made approximately $10M playing (plus any endorsements, investment income, or other ancillary revenue) and has qualified for an NFL pension. Not bad for a 5'9" 6th round draft pick. Barring any stupidity, he will never have to worry about money. Of course he isn't done earning in football or whatever he does next in life.

Never underestimate the importance of special teams at the next level. It’s crazy how being a return guy can keep you on a roster. Too many guys downplay the return game in college and end up jobless because they can’t field a punt

I find it funny that no one in the media thinks Tua should get paid because he's a health risk, but Lamar should get everything and more, fully guaranteed.
Its crazy its like u cant defend your opinion on why u want to make a smart business move for down the road. Its like they begging people to give someone money (the media). Just let the sh play out if they dont want to pay him then let them not pay him, they have won titles they make good decisions. Sh is crazy to me, and your right I wouldnt pay Tua either hes always hurt. And giving a qb a monster deal can destroy a roster,

Glad that Berrios is back in Miami with the Phins! Good 4th WR and insurance in case Sherfield gets hurt.
Sherfield is a free agent. There is a very good chance he leaves and Berrios is thrust into the WR4 role behind Cedric Wilson. Worst case he is WR5 and punt returner behind Ezukanma if Eazy-E can learn the playbook.

Advertisement
32 year old cb. This is how you do business. We have two first rounders and one being a top ten pick. Free up cap space and keep getting younger while having picks. I wouldn’t be shocked if big Fletch is gone too. The Eagles gave up far less to get Slay versus the Rams / Ramsey. We’ll take a cap hit for cutting him but no way you resign an aging cb.
college gameday sport GIF

Never underestimate the importance of special teams at the next level. It’s crazy how being a return guy can keep you on a roster. Too many guys downplay the return game in college and end up jobless because they can’t field a punt
Excellent point. And my bud and I used to laugh because we thought Berrios was always inclined to just fair catch but in hindsight, he certainly knew when to pick his spots.

Advertisement
Excellent point. And my bud and I used to laugh because we thought Berrios was always inclined to just fair catch but in hindsight, he certainly knew when to pick his spots.
He was probably a little too cautious with the fair catching but I'd rather that than a guy who muffs punts trying to be a hero.

Berrios has made approximately $10M playing (plus any endorsements, investment income, or other ancillary revenue) and has qualified for an NFL pension. Not bad for a 5'9" 6th round draft pick. Barring any stupidity, he will never have to worry about money. Of course he isn't done earning in football or whatever he does next in life.

He's been all about business since he's been here. Graduate from the Miami School of Business in finance and entrepreneurship. The league helped him build that nest egg.

Really smart guy. He'll be just fine and everything he's doing now is just icing on the cake.

Advertisement

100%. Nothing extends NFL careers like being an above average special teams contributor. When coaches are looking at guys like their 5th/6th WRs, 8th-10th DBs, and 6th/7th LBs, if one dude is way better on STs than the others, that guy usually gets the roster spot over the guy who doesn't positively contribute to ST.

Advertisement
Back