Berrios released from Jets, signed with Dolphins

Advertisement
I remember watching Lamar miss throws short to the far hash at Louisville (not screens but curls or flats to the far side) and thinking he was going to struggle immensely in the NFL.

Obviously I was way wrong on the big struggle notion and am happy that he’s had success but I couldn’t believe folks were comparing him to Vick when as a kid I watched Vick throw the ball as hard (if not, then **** close) to Favre.
Vicks arm was far stronger than farves. Atleast by that point where I saw it alot. Vicks problems were because of how short he was and the fact he had no clue how to put touch on the ball, everything would rise and tail away. It was like he was throwing a screwball most of the time.

Vicks arm was far stronger than farves. Atleast by that point where I saw it alot. Vicks problems were because of how short he was and the fact he had no clue how to put touch on the ball, everything would rise and tail away. It was like he was throwing a screwball most of the time.
And that Vick spent absolutely no time working on his QB play.

What's crazy about this style of play injury risk talk with Lamar is both of his injuries' the last 2 seasons came on regular, basic, pocket plays. Injuries that could've happened to any other non-scrambling Qb.

Lamar is a Top 5 NFL Qb who has NEVER played with elite talent around him.

Pay that man his money.

lamar jackson can't win the big game (championship) because he cannot consistently make an accurate throw on third down with the defense suffocating a receiver/back/te. nor can he throw accurately outside the hash. just like vick and others, the NFL has figured him out. Garropolo missed the biggest throw in his career to win a SB by 2 yards and that will never be forgotten.

the only person that i have seen that has greatly improved his lack of accuracy is Jalen Hurts. I never thought he would make it in the NFL but he just might have enough of the goods to go all the way. his hard work and intelligence are legendary.

he's not a top 5 NFL quarterback because he is not an elite passer and will likely never be. mahomes, rodgers, burrow, herbert and josh allen are all better right now. they might not be better runners/scrambles, but they are better quarterbacks.

Advertisement
lamar jackson can't win the big game (championship) because he cannot consistently make an accurate throw on third down with the defense suffocating a receiver/back/te. nor can he throw accurately outside the hash. just like vick and others, the NFL has figured him out. Garropolo missed the biggest throw in his career to win a SB by 2 yards and that will never be forgotten.

the only person that i have seen that has greatly improved his lack of accuracy is Jalen Hurts. I never thought he would make it in the NFL but he just might have enough of the goods to go all the way. his hard work and intelligence are legendary.

he's not a top 5 NFL quarterback because he is not an elite passer and will likely never be. mahomes, rodgers, burrow, herbert and josh allen are all better right now. they might not be better runners/scrambles, but they are better quarterbacks.
Come on mane’ there are so many overpaid QBs who haven’t even won a playoff game and Lamar improved his accuracy as a passer

Pay him his money

Come on mane’ there are so many overpaid QBs who haven’t even won a playoff game and Lamar improved his accuracy as a passer

Pay him his money
And look at who 8 is throwing to.

Funny how Jason Allen and Hurts for example suddenly got better when they got Diggs and Devonta Smtih/ AJ Brown, respectively. Watch how much more accurate Fields is this season too w Moore.

Ravens also had arguably the worse Strength and Training staff in the NFL. Their head trainer was borderline criminal.

Pay him his money
i agree, there are plenty of them that are overpaid because that is what teams do. but lamar's passing takes him out of the elite category IMO. his accuracy improved from 58 to 64 when he won the MVP to 62, none of which seems to be even top 20.

he should be paid as a second category QB IMO (top 7-12) but not like the elites.

This entire post is the most boiler-plate, layman's knowledge of the Dolphin's QB situation from even a causal fan of pro football. No one on this board failed to know any of that stuff except you. Also, Tua could have been a franchise QB. I was a skeptic until last year. Unfortunately, his career is likely done, or should be. I'll be shocked if he doesn't end up with serious neurological problems.
Easy there Chief I’m not even really a Dolphins fan. I root for them because I am from Broward County but never really liked them. Anyways I just had a thought I wanted to share. You didn’t have to respond to such a “boiler plate, layman’s knowledge of the situation from even a casual fan of pro football”. Oh yeah I am dying to know how on Earth do you know EVERYONE on this whole boards knowledge of that situation??? Or any situation??? You honestly believe 💯 of people who are on CIS are completely and utterly so dialed into Dolphins football that they know everything that goes on? This is a Canes board and I would bet that it wouldn’t even be 💯 on here that everyone knows everything about Canes info and like I said it’s a Canes board. Anyways no matter I just had a thought and threw it out there. Don’t worry I learned my lesson and I will never post another Dolphins related comment Sir Phins a lot. Peace out brother and as always GO CANES!!!

Advertisement
Yea we did and it feels like forever ago... Geezz didn't realize the Phins were in that bad of a playoff drought...
Kinda got numb to it I guess.... Lol
Don’t let @prg3Kane know that you didn’t know that fact because apparently I was the ONLY one on the board who didn’t know that. Don’t want him to put you on timeout like I was 😂🤣😂🤣🤣😂. I’m just bustin chops fellas it’s all in good fun 🤙🏽

Fiedler 😂🤣😂🤣 classic. Totally forgot about that guy. Thanks for the info I need to now go humiliate my pops for giving me false info and teach him a lesson on fact checking.
Fine. But don’t come crying back to us if he throat punches you and teaches YOU a lesson.

Easy there Chief I’m not even really a Dolphins fan. I root for them because I am from Broward County but never really liked them. Anyways I just had a thought I wanted to share. You didn’t have to respond to such a “boiler plate, layman’s knowledge of the situation from even a casual fan of pro football”. Oh yeah I am dying to know how on Earth do you know EVERYONE on this whole boards knowledge of that situation??? Or any situation??? You honestly believe 💯 of people who are on CIS are completely and utterly so dialed into Dolphins football that they know everything that goes on? This is a Canes board and I would bet that it wouldn’t even be 💯 on here that everyone knows everything about Canes info and like I said it’s a Canes board. Anyways no matter I just had a thought and threw it out there. Don’t worry I learned my lesson and I will never post another Dolphins related comment Sir Phins a lot. Peace out brother and as always GO CANES!!!
Sorry. Was having a bad day.

Advertisement
Anyone who thinks Lamar is worth $250mil (all guaranteed btw) is an idiot. Talk about not having talent around him. You wouldn’t be able to afford ANYTHING! Then he gets hurt again and you’re stuck paying this dude **** near $50mil a year to rehab. You can have your exciting, ticket selling, MVP winning, first round exit QB, and I’ll take the less exciting, accurate, can read a defense, team friendly contract winning QB all day. You’re either intentionally trolling or you just don’t understand football.

Anyone who thinks Lamar is worth $250mil (all guaranteed btw) is an idiot. Talk about not having talent around him. You wouldn’t be able to afford ANYTHING! Then he gets hurt again and you’re stuck paying this dude **** near $50mil a year to rehab. You can have your exciting, ticket selling, MVP winning, first round exit QB, and I’ll take the less exciting, accurate, can read a defense, team friendly contract winning QB all day. You’re either intentionally trolling or you just don’t understand football.
i dont think it is trolling. i think people get blinded by a guy's awe ability and the fact that he makes great plays regularly (but fails to make ordinary plays a lot) and they want a big contract without even understanding the secondary effects.

also, they see watson, dak, murray and other get life changing money and they think that lamar should get the same. signing the first three for the money they got was a mistake, why repeat it?

Jalen Hurts is great value Lamar Jackson.

Advertisement
i dont think it is trolling. i think people get blinded by a guy's awe ability and the fact that he makes great plays regularly (but fails to make ordinary plays a lot) and they want a big contract without even understanding the secondary effects.

also, they see watson, dak, murray and other get life changing money and they think that lamar should get the same. signing the first three for the money they got was a mistake, why repeat it?
I do think Watson was on his way to being elite before he got massage happy. But the other two have proven they’re flashy and inconsistent and not worth the bank. Add Lamar to that group as well. I’d rather let him walk than get tied up in that ridiculous contract. In the NFL you either win with the elite of the elite or a loaded *** team with a very smart accurate QB. Lamar is like James Harden. Exciting, sells tickets, stat stuffer, won’t win your team anything meaningful.

I do think Watson was on his way to being elite before he got massage happy. But the other two have proven they’re flashy and inconsistent and not worth the bank. Add Lamar to that group as well. I’d rather let him walk than get tied up in that ridiculous contract. In the NFL you either win with the elite of the elite or a loaded *** team with a very smart accurate QB. Lamar is like James Harden. Exciting, sells tickets, stat stuffer, won’t win your team anything meaningful.
agreed

Guys like Daniel Jones is getting 4 years 160,000,000.00, Lamar has done wayyyy more than this guy and won MVP.. PAY THAT MAN HIS MONEY! (full contract dont have to be guaranteed tho)

All I see is goofy qbs getting paid but everyone want to form like voltron to pocket watch Lamar, WTF is going on?!

Pay Me GIF

Guys like Daniel Jones is getting 4 years 160,000,000.00, Lamar has done wayyyy more than this guy and won MVP.. PAY THAT MAN HIS MONEY! (full contract dont have to be guaranteed tho)

All I see is goofy qbs getting paid but everyone want to form like voltron to pocket watch Lamar, WTF is going on?!

Pay Me GIF

Daniel Jones is getting $82 million (that's all that's guaranteed) with a ~$21M 2023 cap hit. The Giants can cut bait if it's not working out.

Massive, massive difference compared to Jackson's demand for a fully guaranteed $230 million contract that could sink the franchise for over half a decade if it's a miss.

If I were the owners I'd vote Haslem out of the league for the Watson contract. Idiocy.

Advertisement
Back