Beckham approved for stadium on OB site

Advertisement
Sun Life Stadium or Beckham, don't matter, you guys are splitting hairs. In both stadiums we will be considered second class renters. Neither of them are ideal but I think the renovations at Sun Life will surprise so I lean more to Sun Life. If we had the space for an on campus stadium and a city that was behind us I think the U would make it happen. Those are huge barriers for us more so than ANY admin, this one or another one.

If we can't build on campus does it makes sense to invest when Sun Life exists? Of course my heart says yes, go find some land like Tropical Park, but does it really make sense? We can win in Sun Life or Beckham if our program (re: admin) gets serious about winning and that starts by putting the right staff in place and improve on campus facilities that we do have room for. Again I want what all of you guys want, a home of our own. But facing the brutal facts is part of being successful.

Sun Life Stadium or Beckham, don't matter, you guys are splitting hairs. In both stadiums we will be considered second class renters. Neither of them are ideal but I think the renovations at Sun Life will surprise so I lean more to Sun Life. If we had the space for an on campus stadium and a city that was behind us I think the U would make it happen. Those are huge barriers for us more so than ANY admin, this one or another one.

If we can't build on campus does it makes sense to invest when Sun Life exists? Of course my heart says yes, go find some land like Tropical Park, but does it really make sense? We can win in Sun Life or Beckham if our program (re: admin) gets serious about winning and that starts by putting the right staff in place and improve on campus facilities that we do have room for. Again I want what all of you guys want, a home of our own. But facing the brutal facts is part of being successful.

you right but you know what Miami never asked for the public help i think if the university asked the community for help i think they would even if its 50 cent out of everyone check, we could have a stadium its not impossible everything just has to fall in place we need to win more.

I doubt Beckham and co. will agree to accepting that proposed stadium site. They've already called it "spiritually tainted" with all the bad karma/taste from the Marlins ordeal. I think if Beckham doesn't find a better location soon, then he's just going to bail on MLS Miami period.

False. He has hired an engineering company to work on foundation

i think your wrong sun life is gonna be rocking they moved every seat closer to the field even the top level, the roof is gonna trap that noise and the fans are going to be right on top of the players i think sun life could be an hostile environment we as fans just has to show up and support our team, plus a soccer field is 100 feet wide the seats are going to be to far on one side look we need to stay at sun life untill we get our own stadium.

3f4wz.gif

Advertisement
i think your wrong sun life is gonna be rocking they moved every seat closer to the field even the top level, the roof is gonna trap that noise and the fans are going to be right on top of the players i think sun life could be an hostile environment we as fans just has to show up and support our team, plus a soccer field is 100 feet wide the seats are going to be to far on one side look we need to stay at sun life untill we get our own stadium.

hahahaha get a ******* grip

Advertisement
I doubt Beckham and co. will agree to accepting that proposed stadium site. They've already called it "spiritually tainted" with all the bad karma/taste from the Marlins ordeal. I think if Beckham doesn't find a better location soon, then he's just going to bail on MLS Miami period.

what!?

what!?

one of my family members met up with Beckham himself. the company he works for will be in charge of putting down the basic groundwork (drainage of the field, foundation, etc). this happened about a year ago. no idea on where the actual site will be however.

Advertisement
Just think how awesome it will be to play in another rented facility (20K kick ball stadium) wedged in behind Marlins Stadium with a beautiful view of the run down area south of the site.

Advertisement

what!?

one of my family members met up with Beckham himself. the company he works for will be in charge of putting down the basic groundwork (drainage of the field, foundation, etc). this happened about a year ago. no idea on where the actual site will be however.

Right, He's done what he needs to do in preparing a study and budget for a large development. It's what you do ... if you determine that the site isn't suitable you walk away. He will walk away from Miami if there isn't anything suitable.

what!?

Right, He's done what he needs to do in preparing a study and budget for a large development. It's what you do ... if you determine that the site isn't suitable you walk away. He will walk away from Miami if there isn't anything suitable.

He should have walked away months ago.

what!?

He should have walked away months ago.

I agree ... He either has the wrong people in his ear, or he is incredibly stubborn and thinks his looks and money can win over the politicians down here. I knew from day one and was told by someone high up that they were going to push him west. He should either accept that or move on ... the fact that he is still sniffing around might mean he is willing to take whatever ****** site they allow him.

Advertisement
Back