Beckham approved for stadium on OB site

dont know how they are going to make it work. it is less than 3 acres, adding the parcel to its NW increases the total size to 3.8 acres.

They have built a model representing a 40,000 seat stadium fitting onto the lot. So I'm sure they have some ideas about how they will make it work.

Advertisement
dont know how they are going to make it work. it is less than 3 acres, adding the parcel to its NW increases the total size to 3.8 acres.

They have built a model representing a 40,000 seat stadium fitting onto the lot. So I'm sure they have some ideas about how they will make it work.

any link to the model on that lot? that would be great. thanks

Some of y'all go through great effort to sound like a negative little *****

Doesn't matter where we play with the current product we are fielding. I was at dozens of UM games at the OB where it was a mausoleum with about 10k in attendance. Fan silence and apathy follow any irrelevant sports teams in Miami regardless of the venue.

Doesn't matter where we play with the current product we are fielding. I was at dozens of UM games at the OB where it was a mausoleum with about 10k in attendance. Fan silence and apathy follow any irrelevant sports teams in Miami regardless of the venue.

You're right. The OB afforded the opportunity for a great game experience but it was the fans that made it rock. I was in OB for the Flop and the first play in the Fins history and it was horrible. But for the many great Orange Bowl Games and Super Bowls, it was fantastic. But nothing compares to the glory day of THE U and the Fins during their back to back Super Bowl winning seasons. When the fans got going, nothing rocked like the OB and the west end zone was king. Fins have been nothing since they left and neither has THE U.

Advertisement
Sun Life should be much, much improved. Maybe to the point it'll be a selling feature to recruits. It darn sure NEEDED a major facelift.

i think your wrong sun life is gonna be rocking they moved every seat closer to the field even the top level, the roof is gonna trap that noise and the fans are going to be right on top of the players i think sun life could be an hostile environment we as fans just has to show up and support our team, plus a soccer field is 100 feet wide the seats are going to be to far on one side look we need to stay at sun life untill we get our own stadium.

-Lots of the prime seats they put in, 50 yard line, low end zone, are couches with ******* TV sets in them. Definitely will be great for a college experience.

-The majority of the seating is staying in the exact same place. The seating they did add, the low sidelines, they were able to put in because they essentially decreased the angle of seating along with expanding it 20 odd feet outward. Have fun looking at the back of people's heads in front of you, and definitely don't try to do something like standing up during a play.

-I haven't heard anybody with any idea how the roof is going to effect crowd noise. It's easy to say it'll help, but it will be impossible to gauge until it's installed.

-The only net positives, as a fan, that I can think of is: the shade hopefully will help with the inevitable noon games on ESPN 2. Also, the reduced seating complicity is also necessary, that way, the University can kill the surplus of seats that made it difficult for them to cost control. Now, if they would only do something about the product.

Another big issue will be the lack of options the school will have when the Sun Lifeless lease eventually expires. If the Dolphin brass feel like sticking it to the University, they will have little or no recourse. Of course, by that time, if the program keeps going in the direction it's been headed, we'll probably easily be able to move to FIU's stadium as a fallback plan without having to worry about it being too small for our attendance.

I can't imagine an instance where the overhang doesn't help the noise levels drastically. I do a lot of work in sound it's going to deflect the noise back in substantually.

P**** a stadium! If we get a pro coach and win, muthap****ers will show up big time at Dolphin stadium! We must not get distracted to what the real problem is- AL Stupid *** Golden!!!!

any link to the model on that lot? that would be great. thanks

http://m.local10.com/sports/miamida...er-stadium-site-next-to-marlins-park/26672370

Advertisement
i think your wrong sun life is gonna be rocking they moved every seat closer to the field even the top level, the roof is gonna trap that noise and the fans are going to be right on top of the players i think sun life could be an hostile environment we as fans just has to show up and support our team, plus a soccer field is 100 feet wide the seats are going to be to far on one side look we need to stay at sun life untill we get our own stadium.

The last game I went to, Ohio State, an usher made my entire section sit down and stop yelling during OSU possessions because their fans complained.

The last game my sister went to, NCST(I think), she got tossed for standing in front of an old dude and using potty language.

That place will NEVER be rocking. A "rocking" stadium is actively prevented. Its the anti-west end zone.

Words cant express how shockingly pathetic and disappointing it was to return to Miami for that Ohio State game.

If OUR fans are listening to an USHER, of all people, telling them be quiet... than it isnt just our football program that lost its BALLS lol

P**** a stadium! If we get a pro coach and win, muthap****ers will show up big time at Dolphin stadium! We must not get distracted to what the real problem is- AL Stupid *** Golden!!!!

Why can't Miami get a new coach and a stadium (not one that is 30 miles from campus)? Why does it have to be either or?

Last edited:
B-oyTw0UsAAfaYD.jpg:large

Advertisement

Why can't Miami get a new coach and a stadium (not one that is 30 miles from campus)? Why does it have to be either or?

I don't think the proximity to campus is all that important. UM's fanbase is spread out all over the tri-county area, and the student population makes up about 2k worth of the fans at games.

UM needs to field a better product. Do that, and the fans will show up and be loud. Continue to field a **** product, and they could be a stadium on the roof of the Mahoney-Pearson dorms, and no one would show up.

Advertisement
sun life stadium capacity 76,100

orange bowl capacity 72,319

Beckum stadium capacity at former OB 40-45,000

I know this isn't a realistic option, but it would be nice to play at Beckham's stadium for most games and play bigger games at Sun Life. Maybe a more realistic option (but still unlikely) is to play one game a year at Sun Life (FSU and then every other year one marquee OOC opponent).

I don't think the proximity to campus is all that important. UM's fanbase is spread out all over the tri-county area, and the student population makes up about 2k worth of the fans at games.

UM needs to field a better product. Do that, and the fans will show up and be loud. Continue to field a **** product, and they could be a stadium on the roof of the Mahoney-Pearson dorms, and no one would show up.

There is also the element of regaining some of the tradition lost when Miami moved out of the OB. There is still magic in those grounds.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back