Beckham approved for stadium on OB site

Advertisement
Pretty sure they already built something where the OB used to be.

Advertisement
**** Sun Life. Place is, and will always be, a terrible venue to watch college football.

The University should be all in for Beckham Stadium, to the point where they help fund it to make sure the seating capacity is close to what they want.

That said, i'm pretty sure Beckham isn't remotely interested in the small parcel west of boondoggle stadium. The only acceptable location near there is probably north of the stadium, next to the river, where the public housing is now.

Last edited:
i think your wrong sun life is gonna be rocking they moved every seat closer to the field even the top level, the roof is gonna trap that noise and the fans are going to be right on top of the players i think sun life could be an hostile environment we as fans just has to show up and support our team, plus a soccer field is 100 feet wide the seats are going to be to far on one side look we need to stay at sun life untill we get our own stadium.

UM seems to be happy with Sun Life I don't see them changing venues anytime soon. Besides they signed a very long contract with Sun Life. Remember the BOT cares nothing about UM Athletics.

i think your wrong sun life is gonna be rocking they moved every seat closer to the field even the top level, the roof is gonna trap that noise and the fans are going to be right on top of the players i think sun life could be an hostile environment we as fans just has to show up and support our team, plus a soccer field is 100 feet wide the seats are going to be to far on one side look we need to stay at sun life untill we get our own stadium.

ya ... Sun Life is gonna be ballin' this year

Advertisement

only a few seats are actually closer, and fans are not goin to be on top of the players. When the roof gets put on top of the stadium it could make it louder

Did they actually pass the resolution? The article you posted said they voted on the resolution but not if it had passed. If it passes it would be smart of UM to join a venture with the Beckham group to build near the former OB.

A stadium at the former OB would be just the right size to provide an intimate setting needed for college football. Plus it would be closer to campus and traffic could be relieved by extending the Metro Mover. Now the Beckham group just has to agree to building at the former OB site. Come on Becks....Come on UM make it happen!

Yeah sure. Except for all the empty seats and lackluster product on the field you might be right. Except for small number of seats must seats will still be far from action due to angle of incline.

Seeing as they removed all the concrete On both sides of the 50 I think the inclines are going to change.

Advertisement
dont know how they are going to make it work. it is less than 3 acres, adding the parcel to its NW increases the total size to 3.8 acres.

-Lots of the prime seats they put in, 50 yard line, low end zone, are couches with ******* TV sets in them. Definitely will be great for a college experience.

-The majority of the seating is staying in the exact same place. The seating they did add, the low sidelines, they were able to put in because they essentially decreased the angle of seating along with expanding it 20 odd feet outward. Have fun looking at the back of people's heads in front of you, and definitely don't try to do something like standing up during a play.

-I haven't heard anybody with any idea how the roof is going to effect crowd noise. It's easy to say it'll help, but it will be impossible to gauge until it's installed.

-The only net positives, as a fan, that I can think of is: the shade hopefully will help with the inevitable noon games on ESPN 2. Also, the reduced seating complicity is also necessary, that way, the University can kill the surplus of seats that made it difficult for them to cost control. Now, if they would only do something about the product.

Another big issue will be the lack of options the school will have when the Sun Lifeless lease eventually expires. If the Dolphin brass feel like sticking it to the University, they will have little or no recourse. Of course, by that time, if the program keeps going in the direction it's been headed, we'll probably easily be able to move to FIU's stadium as a fallback plan without having to worry about it being too small for our attendance.

The last game I went to, Ohio State, an usher made my entire section sit down and stop yelling during OSU possessions because their fans complained.

The last game my sister went to, NCST(I think), she got tossed for standing in front of an old dude and using potty language.

That place will NEVER be rocking. A "rocking" stadium is actively prevented. Its the anti-west end zone.

Words cant express how shockingly pathetic and disappointing it was to return to Miami for that Ohio State game.

Advertisement

The last game I went to, Ohio State, an usher made my entire section sit down and stop yelling during OSU possessions because their fans complained.

The last game my sister went to, NCST(I think), she got tossed for standing in front of an old dude and using potty language.

That place will NEVER be rocking. A "rocking" stadium is actively prevented. Its the anti-west end zone.

Words cant express how shockingly pathetic and disappointing it was to return to Miami for that Ohio State game.

I was there that game. Sitting in the lower corner end zone, on the fringe of the Ohio State section. I was asked by an usher 10 minutes in to sit down, figured it was an Ohio State fan that ratted on me. Turned out it was fellow Miami fans two rows back. The lulz worthy part is that I had to stand up to see the action on the far side of the field because the Taint fans stood a good percentage of the first quarter.

Not the only game I've been told to sit down/quiet down at either. And i'm not the belligerent drunk/stand the whole game/act a fool type either. I normally go with my wife and kid, but I carry the old OB in my soul after practically growing up in the place, and crowd noise and cheering during a football game is just how I roll. Nothing is worse than spending hundreds of dollars on tickets only to be threatened to be kicked out because you are doing something as audacious as cheering. Guess i'm just not cut out for Sun Life stadium.

The stadium has always been a **** gameday experience. Nothing will change because they added some gloss and sparkles.

That is really ***. Another symptom of the neutering of the program.

Advertisement
Back